Blowout Cards Forums
super sox

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I assumed she had the glossies with her... am I the only one?
I honestly have no clue. I have only run into celebrities when either going to a convention of some kind or when I was working security and they showed up for some reason. I do not recall ever seeing a celebrity carrying their own photo in a public setting but I *have* seen people carrying a whole pile of random (seemingly) photos looking for celebrities. So that's why the idea popped into my head. If she pulled it out herself and signed it, great, still a cool piece. Either way I wanna hear the rest of the story lol. Mine comes with the great story of "bought it on ebay". Not exactly exciting. Bet ya his story is better. That's part of the fun of autographs.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:22 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxwills View Post
Does your friend normally carry around photos and hope he runs into celebrities? Because if so that's kinda funny. Cool regardless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigeazy78 View Post
I was thinking the same thing, but funny didn't cross my mind! Stalker did though!
Quote:
I honestly have no clue. I have only run into celebrities when either going to a convention of some kind or when I was working security and they showed up for some reason. I do not recall ever seeing a celebrity carrying their own photo in a public setting but I *have* seen people carrying a whole pile of random (seemingly) photos looking for celebrities. So that's why the idea popped into my head. If she pulled it out herself and signed it, great, still a cool piece. Either way I wanna hear the rest of the story lol. Mine comes with the great story of "bought it on ebay". Not exactly exciting. Bet ya his story is better. That's part of the fun of autographs.
He lives in LA and is one of the chasers you see stalking airports and premiere and talk show filming. Many of them have some way of knowing airport arrival lists. I sent him the picture, 6 months later Milla flew in to LA from Japan. He and others were waiting.
This is the same guy that just got me Emma Watson on my HP poster at the Beauty and the Beast premiere.
alifaxwa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:41 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifaxwa2 View Post
He lives in LA and is one of the chasers you see stalking airports and premiere and talk show filming. Many of them have some way of knowing airport arrival lists. I sent him the picture, 6 months later Milla flew in to LA from Japan. He and others were waiting.
This is the same guy that just got me Emma Watson on my HP poster at the Beauty and the Beast premiere.
That's nice of him. Can't be the easiest thing to drag a poster around to get signed at a premiere. Plus now it's got a story to go with it. Always add the story when there is one it just makes it more interesting.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:29 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Apparently it was a foolish thought on my part anyway.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:30 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Apparently it was a foolish thought on my part anyway.
No I'm sure somewhere is a celebrity with an ego large enough that they actually do this. We just haven't found them yet lol.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:53 PM   #31 (permalink)

I have one incoming for next months thread that I've wanted for a while. Finally got one in my price range. Really hoping it's grade worthy just cause I like the holders.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:12 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifaxwa2 View Post
Well your friend is one of the reasons big time celebs hate signing so it's nice of you to pay him a healthy fee for contributing to their hatred of autographs. P.S. most in person autos won't pass authentication, That Milla is extremely rushed.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Well your friend is one of the reasons big time celebs hate signing so it's nice of you to pay him a healthy fee for contributing to their hatred of autographs. P.S. most in person autos won't pass authentication, That Milla is extremely rushed.
If they didn't sign like this, there would 98% fewer real signatures on the market. This is where most autographs come from, as most celebs don't sign at cons or on pop century cards.
It's the #@#@#@#@#@#@#@s that make celebs hate it. Courtesy goes a long way.

I don't need it to pass authentication, i know where I got it and am not selling.
alifaxwa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:59 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
In general, most celebs dont mind signing stuff for their fans. At the end of the day if they dont have fans, they dont have a paying job. This goes for sports stars, movie stars, music artists, anyone famous really, if you are polite and courteous, you will receive that in return. Of course everyone has their bad day and celebs are real people too, unfortunately these are the only times that they make the news when they react poorly.

Of course there is always the exception to the rule.
Xazark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #35 (permalink)

I think it would be cool if celebs carries around a small business card Holder or something with a few signed wallet sized photos. If a fan recognizes them they could just give them one instead of signing random junk like napkins lol. It would be less about ego and more of a nice and easy thing for fans. And they be small enough to carry around. Lol. I know they wont, but it would be fun.
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:46 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtedenajimenez View Post
I had a few commission projects that I thought might be done in Feb, but most got delayed until March (which is looking crazy right now if everything falls into place). I did get one super awesome commission project completed with the Glebe's. They got the OK from the powers that be to work on these, and since they posted this one on their FB page, I'll show it off as well.

I was actually surprised when I pack pulled (from TF Optimum Coll) a really nice Sam Witwicky puzzle sketch of the movie scene with him holding the Allspark. Having that, I now needed a nice Mikaela Banes for my collection. The Glebe's came through with a hot one! There's other super sweet stuff from this project, but I'll save it for whenever I can get my collection page up.
Quote:
I don't know what "approved" means for Breygent products. Much of what comes out of products like SDCC Mystery Packs could not possibly have been approved by anybody with the authority to do so. The companies that actually license the rights to use those characters don't even have approval to include sketch likenesses of the characters coming out of those packs. Just another reason I chose not to support them.
I doubt the Glebe's ever get their APs approved. I don't think Breygent has the right to approve a lot of what they do, but the Glebe's draw actors on APs all the time. They did like Scarlett Johanson and Jon Bertnal as the punisher on marvel cards. Which are Rittenhouse or upper deck I think.
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:39 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmallvillelvr View Post
I doubt the Glebe's ever get their APs approved. I don't think Breygent has the right to approve a lot of what they do, but the Glebe's draw actors on APs all the time. They did like Scarlett Johanson and Jon Bertnal as the punisher on marvel cards. Which are Rittenhouse or upper deck I think.
After Rittenhouse lost (gave up?) The Marvel license, they were no longer offering approvals. You will see a lot of unathotized stuff on those cards now. I'm thinking g about getting a Spider-Man/Batman card nyself.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:40 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Here are my purchase 1 sketch card and 2 large size art.

Simone Bianchi - Super Sons #1 Variant Cover (painting acrylic)
Love this cover! Awesome pick up!!!!

I got this cover in Feb and just got it back from the frame shop.

ReedRothchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:27 PM   #39 (permalink)

Picked-up a Rocket plate to go with a Groot plate from a couple years ago! I liked that the images were together on Guardians #2:

Also grabbed some cool sketch cards:

And lastly, a sketch cover commission!

bmarianelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:20 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueForTheVirus View Post
I told my gf I wanted to start a Xena collection (I'm late to that party, I know) and she decided she'd put together a hobby box of sorts for me. She got a bunch of complete sets, base and inserts, and these hits for me to open. She even went as far as wrapping like 50 packs. It was great.

That is a great start. I started late collecting the Xena autographs too. I went a little crazy last year. I'm still on the hunt for a Callisto auto. Your girlfriend did a great job.

www.pernastudios.deviantart.com
www.facebook.com/groups/Pernastudios
ElainePerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:26 AM   #41 (permalink)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drdduet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #42 (permalink)

Here's my favorite sketch pickups:

DC Super-villains sketch of General Zod by Mark Finneral
Ladies of Zenescope sketch by Elfie Lebouleux (AE)
Naughty Nurses sketch by Kristin Allen
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:05 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Here's my favorite sketch pickups:

DC Super-villains sketch of General Zod by Mark Finneral
Ladies of Zenescope sketch by Elfie Lebouleux (AE)
Naughty Nurses sketch by Kristin Allen
I traded that Finneral sketch right before Christmas. Really like his style. There has been a Grundy on ebay since Super Villains came out but I don't think the seller is inclined to move it.