Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2017, 08:03 PM   #26 (permalink)

I had to go have a look, as my wife and I wrote the card backs for Breygent. That auction is insane - 57 pages of stuff! I dunno if I'll grab anything or not, but fun to look!

Out of curiosity, is there a thread on BO for random prop pickups?
THSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:04 PM   #27 (permalink)

Here's my new GRIMM tie.
(The seller had lots of props for sale, so not worried about this one being 'faked').

BTW: a tie would cost $24-49 at the store.
So, if nothing else, i got a sweet tie.
Executive Collection Micro Check Tie - Executive Ties | Jos A Bank
cmixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:24 PM   #28 (permalink)

I was able to 100% screen match one of my bottles! I'm so excited!

Screen capture is pre-fire. Bottle survived.

Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:44 PM   #29 (permalink)

YOOO!
Great Detective work.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:27 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmixer View Post
YOOO!
Great Detective work.
Thanks!!
Old 04-10-2017, 11:40 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1185 View Post
I was able to 100% screen match one of my bottles! I'm so excited!
Awesome - and a really nice bottle, to boot!

I'm going to take some time the end of this week to go back through old episodes, I think. I ended up running scared from the big auction (though I'm the same size as SWM, so could have fully worn a set of Monroe's clothes for cosplay purposes; if I sucked in my gut a bit; and if I cosplayed... but the price tag ended up being too much for me on all those), but have a few more items trickling in, and am still looking for bargains. They're getting more challenging.

But I've got a few things I want to try screen matching, including a ceramic-stoppered bottle and a small clock. Needle, meet haystack...
Old 04-11-2017, 08:24 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
Awesome - and a really nice bottle, to boot!

I'm going to take some time the end of this week to go back through old episodes, I think. I ended up running scared from the big auction (though I'm the same size as SWM, so could have fully worn a set of Monroe's clothes for cosplay purposes.
Thanks! I've seen a couple of those bottles on the show but I got super excited when I saw that closeup at the end of season 1! I've been re-watching the series in hopes of finding some of the things I've bought. A Monroe cosplay would be awesome! I passed up everything in the official auction. Everything was too high, plus the fees...just too much for me. Good luck in your search!

Last edited by Danni1185; 04-11-2017 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:34 PM   #33 (permalink)

It's great fun to see the screen matching detective work going on here. As I'm not overly familiar with the show, I was pretty sure I wouldn't know what was used on the show. So most of my purchases were of items I planned on getting normal use. But maybe I should post up my treasures to see if the local Grimm-o-philes can match anything up as being on-screen. I figure some items were likely used behind the scenes by the cast & crew, but I'll put em up anyways.

Hope to get this clock running as I want it in my office. It's a little under 2 ft tall. The signature was on the back. Probably a prop-master?

Someday I'll get a place at the coast, and this will go perfect in it.

A couple rugs, and a mobile putting practice green.

This lantern may have my best pickup for only $5. It came with batteries, and works great.

We needed a flat edge shovel.

What self-respecting fan can pass up a cheap set of Beaver playing cards.

My biggest regret is not having enough time to browse the clothing area. I had a hard time finding things in my size. Best I could find were some skinny jeans worn by a stunt double, but I passed. My buddy seemed to match the build of Hank, so he got some cool stuff. There were some awesome shoes & boots worn by Monroe that I wanted, but they were huge; 4 sizes too big.

(hopefully the pic sizes shrink down)
Old 04-11-2017, 10:33 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
It's great fun to see the screen matching detective work going on here. As I'm not overly familiar with the show, I was pretty sure I wouldn't know what was used on the show. So most of my purchases were of items I planned on getting normal use. But maybe I should post up my treasures to see if the local Grimm-o-philes can match anything up as being on-screen. I figure some items were likely used behind the scenes by the cast & crew, but I'll put em up anyways.

Hope to get this clock running as I want it in my office. It's a little under 2 ft tall. The signature was on the back. Probably a prop-master?
Great pickups! I like the functional items. I ended up buying a pair of boots that are around the size listed for most of Monroe's stuff (11 or 11 1/2) that were at the sale. Since it's not like there were a lot of actor feet shown, I'm just gonna wear 'em.

Monroe had a ton of clocks, and at least one nautical item in his workshop. Not that lamp (that I remember) - he had a clock in a ship's wheel on his wall.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:47 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:

GoBeavs - Your clock sure looks a lot like the clock in Monre's house by the stairs.

Last edited by Danni1185; 04-12-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:57 PM   #36 (permalink)

Wow!
More great Detective Work
Old 04-12-2017, 09:41 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
Great pickups! I like the functional items. I ended up buying a pair of boots that are around the size listed for most of Monroe's stuff (11 or 11 1/2) that were at the sale. Since it's not like there were a lot of actor feet shown, I'm just gonna wear 'em.
That's still a cool pickup. Perhaps the ones I spotted weren't Monroe's after all. These were some size 13-14 behemoths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1185 View Post
GoBeavs - Your clock sure looks a lot like the clock in Monre's house by the stairs.
Awesome! Great detective work. I had a feeling that it had to have been used in the show. I remember seeing that cuckoo clock as well. It was quite a mess with all those chains that I was sure it was beyond repair. Though I may have been wrong there. I thought the chains were meant to be on the inside
Old 04-13-2017, 08:48 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:

Awesome! Great detective work.
Thanks! I know Monroe had lots of clocks, so that's the first place I looked.