Blowout Cards Forums
2017 nt fb

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2017, 05:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Grimm props for sale

Starts tomorrow morning.

https://www.estatesales.net/OR/Portland/97210/1428702
Old 03-11-2017, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
Wow. Wish I was anywhere near Portland. Love that show and am going to miss it. Would love to have a sign from the Spice Shop...
Old 03-11-2017, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

So much cool stuff to be had
hannahs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Just got back home a little while ago. Thought getting there an hour before opening would be early enough. NOPE! They only let in 250 people at a time. My buddy & I were somewhere in the 800-1000 range. At one point I walked around the block to see how long the line went. It was at least double from where we were.

Finally got in around 4. If I had known it was going to take that long I'd have skipped the wait and gone home. Only had about a hour to shop, and only was able to canvas about 2/3 of the stuff. Picked up a cool clock, a cheesy lamp, some rugs, and other misc. stuff. Lots of deals to be had on clothes, but I didn't have enough time to check it out very well.

Hard to tell if the items were "on show" props, or just stuff the crew/staff used in their offices. Although there was a fair amount of items that were marked with what episode, or which room it was in. At one point I had a rug from one of the on-show living rooms, but someone snagged it from my stash while I was looking elsewhere.

They did have a massive spice rack there from the show. I didn't see it, but my buddy told me it was $1500. I did see some cool stuff in the holding area that the earlier shoppers had reserved; like a well marked door to a police office. Maybe the funniest items were boxes of skulls or "guts" for $50.

Not sure I'd do something like that again, but was definitely worth the experience.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
Just got back home a little while ago. Thought getting there an hour before opening would be early enough. NOPE! They only let in 250 people at a time. My buddy & I were somewhere in the 800-1000 range. At one point I walked around the block to see how long the line went. It was at least double from where we were.

Finally got in around 4. If I had known it was going to take that long I'd have skipped the wait and gone home. Only had about a hour to shop, and only was able to canvas about 2/3 of the stuff. Picked up a cool clock, a cheesy lamp, some rugs, and other misc. stuff. Lots of deals to be had on clothes, but I didn't have enough time to check it out very well.

Hard to tell if the items were "on show" props, or just stuff the crew/staff used in their offices. Although there was a fair amount of items that were marked with what episode, or which room it was in. At one point I had a rug from one of the on-show living rooms, but someone snagged it from my stash while I was looking elsewhere.

They did have a massive spice rack there from the show. I didn't see it, but my buddy told me it was $1500. I did see some cool stuff in the holding area that the earlier shoppers had reserved; like a well marked door to a police office. Maybe the funniest items were boxes of skulls or "guts" for $50.

Not sure I'd do something like that again, but was definitely worth the experience.
Thanks for the report! There are some hearts and skulls up on eBay already with starting bids of $25 each, but nothing else has been posted. I figure it'll trickle out over time.

Having a piece of it would've been cool, but them's the breaks!
Old 03-12-2017, 03:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

^ Yes, thanks for the update.
Sounds like there was decent deals (especially if you're familiar with the show & read the tags); but not a super-clearance at 'steal' prices.
cmixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

Wow, that's so awesome. I'm a huge fan of the show.
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

I heard that a lot of the good stuff sold but they're bringing in new stuff all week. If anyone goes and has anything for sale please let me know. I'd love to own something from the show, even if it's just something small.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

I heard that anything under $50 is half price now and they have put new stuff out. It's killing me that I'm missing out on all that great stuff!