Blowout Cards Forums
Trade In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2017, 06:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Denver Comic Con Again

I'll be attending DCC once again and have a speed pass as well. If anyone is interested in my "muling" services, please shoot me a PM. I don't ask for any sort of fee to help out just so that's out there.

Guest list here: Guests

And with 3 months to go, there will be a few more added along with a few cancellations too. They just announced Morena Baccarin and Ben McKenzie yesterday to add to Robin Lord Taylor from Gotham. That along with Dushku, Landau, Marsters, and Day from Buffy makes for a solid lineup right now. Pretty good mix of folks at the moment to be honest.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

WEIRD AL! That's pretty cool. Definitely a sweet lineup.
Uter79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Having never been to any of these things before how does it work, do they all charge for autos? Will they sign anything (within reason obviously) i.e. if I got some custom cards made would they sign them or do they have restrictions on not signing certain things due to copyright etc?
Xazark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xazark View Post
Having never been to any of these things before how does it work, do they all charge for autos? Will they sign anything (within reason obviously) i.e. if I got some custom cards made would they sign them or do they have restrictions on not signing certain things due to copyright etc?
At the conventions, there is generally an entire area for the autographs. The celebrities have booths; and yes, they all charge for the autographs. The prices range from celeb to celeb.

They will generally sign anything within reason. Lots of collectors make custom cards to get signed. If you dont have anything specific that you want to get signed, each celebrity has 8x10 photos at their booth.

If you have your own item, they will sign that. If you dont, the 8x10 photo is generally included in the autograph price. On a RARE occasion, the photos they provide cost extra.

Sometimes they can personalize the autographs, depending on who the celeb is, and how much time they have available.
GFD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

yeah I'm loving the lineup so far and hoping the Justice League: Animated Series Reunion is still a go since Rosenbaum was the first announced and he has been the main one missing when the rest are at different cons.
AceGambit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'll definitely be watching this thread / the con website for updates Thank you.

I'm interested in getting a Caleb McLaughlin (Stranger Things) auto and a Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) auto, depending on how much they charge at the cons. Does Denver Comic Con generally put prices on the website when the con nears closer?
GFD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yes, they do a great job of posting auto prices on the website. Probably see them go up around April/May from what I remember.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Got an email announcing that Nathan Fillion is coming to DCC. Also said autograph prices should be up around 8 weeks prior to the con. So late April/early May.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Iron Fist
two kids from Stranger Things
Vizzini from Princess Bride
captain Mal and Inara from Firefly

looks damn solid!
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

might be interested in a couple depending on pricing.
rice71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Con View Post
Got an email announcing that Nathan Fillion is coming to DCC. Also said autograph prices should be up around 8 weeks prior to the con. So late April/early May.
Yeah kicking myself even more now for not grabbing that Full Size Firefly Poster the year before when Tudyk/Staite were here. Was still in my "8x10s are fine" phase. Ugh

Guess I'll just have him sign one of my Castle items
Old 03-23-2017, 07:04 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGambit3 View Post
Yeah kicking myself even more now for not grabbing that Full Size Firefly Poster the year before when Tudyk/Staite were here. Was still in my "8x10s are fine" phase. Ugh

Guess I'll just have him sign one of my Castle items
Staite and Tudyk do plenty of cons. Just start the poster with Fillion snd add them next time around. A cast signed Firefly poster id way cooler than anything Castle.
Spider-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:43 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Staite and Tudyk do plenty of cons. Just start the poster with Fillion snd add them next time around. A cast signed Firefly poster id way cooler than anything Castle.
Yeah they do plenty of cons but it's more, how long am I going to have to wait for them to come back here and the whole money spent already on them. Cause I'm not hauling posters around the country
Old 03-23-2017, 08:54 AM   #14 (permalink)

Very impressive guest list. Wish I were closer.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:21 AM   #15 (permalink)

There are a few guest that are on my list. Will check back later when pricing is available.
Scottish Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:25 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGambit3 View Post
Yeah they do plenty of cons but it's more, how long am I going to have to wait for them to come back here and the whole money spent already on them. Cause I'm not hauling posters around the country
I'm not a huge fan of autographed 8x10s, but cast signed posters are something I would be interested in. I'm always afraid to start though, because I will super annoyed if I can't finish all the sigs I want. I have some posters I've collected over the years, but never attempted to get any signed because of that. Just my one Dr. Whow art piece that only needs one more sig.
Spider-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:18 AM   #17 (permalink)

Celebrity Guests: Days Appearing and Pricing

Autograph prices are up. I really enjoyed Stranger Things, but their pricing is out to lunch (my opinion). Morena Baccarin or Millie Bobby Brown for $50? Easy choice.

Everyone else is pretty much where I was guessing they would be.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:38 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Con View Post
Celebrity Guests: Days Appearing and Pricing

Autograph prices are up. I really enjoyed Stranger Things, but their pricing is out to lunch (my opinion). Morena Baccarin or Millie Bobby Brown for $50? Easy choice.

Everyone else is pretty much where I was guessing they would be.
yeah the pricing made a few decisions for me and helped whittle down my priorities.

Now to wait and see, who gets added and who cancels *crosses fingers no one I want lol*

Last edited by AceGambit3; 04-28-2017 at 12:03 PM.