Blowout Cards Forums
Bryce harper

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2017, 07:21 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
^^^^ Exactly

Even with Rogue One coming out in December and High Tek 2 and MW2 being dropped after Force Friday we had zero R1 in MW2 and what, like 2 cards in Tek2?

It boggles the mind how the toys, clothing, posters, anything you can slap a star wars label on can show characters and images, yet the cards get shut out and we have these stupid split sets.

There's ZERO reason to split movies into 2 base sets, all it does it allow for duplication on base cards and inserts and R1 as a base set and insert set was horrendous with no story details and inserts missing numbering. It's just a poorly executed cash grab. If it wasn't for the sketches and big name signers R1 would've crashed and burned based on quality.

The disappointing part is this set is just Force Awakens S1 & S2 in throwback design with MAYBE 10 TLJ base cards, 20 if we're lucky.

They'd have a better set by waiting until after Ep 9 and doing Ep7-9 and the two spin-off movies as one 110 card set.

AND will we finally get a "Death of Han Solo" card??? I'm guessing Disney doesn't want to allow that card or it would've showed up in FA S2 or Chrome.
CERTAINLY HOPE NOT. That's how they decided to kill my childhood hero?? Fk you Disney & Abrams. Give me a break. Worst death ever.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:06 PM   #27 (permalink)

Han should have known better than to cross over an endless chasm!
moistpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:21 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerg View Post
Ranter : "Topps Star Wars sucks! They are putting out a garbage product, we must revolt!"

*new product shown off*

Ranter : "Ohhhh look. New product!"
^^^
This though. So true

Quote:
There's ZERO reason to split movies into 2 base sets, all it does it allow for duplication on base cards and inserts and R1 as a base set and insert set was horrendous with no story details and inserts missing numbering.
There's a great reason. Money.
People will buy it so they'll make it. I'm not saying it's ideal, but the demand is simply there.

Quote:
The more Daisy autos the better!

I'd love nothing more than to pull a Hamill at Tim Rose levels of quantity or have a reasonable shot at Ford or Ridley.
Strongly disagree with you here. I don't have a Ridley, Hamill or Ford in my collection yet I still stand strongly by keeping them limited. If they produced Ridleys like they did Rose, what's the point of card collecting? There's no chase. I'm in it to hit the mid-level autos (Baker/Daniels/Mayhew) and if I get lucky enough to hit one of these top signers, I'll be ecstatic because they are the ultimate chase.

Last edited by joudenjouden; 03-21-2017 at 09:29 PM.
joudenjouden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:06 PM   #29 (permalink)

The more the better!
Old 03-22-2017, 01:01 AM   #30 (permalink)

they should have done this in chrome . but yes I dig these heritage sets
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:49 AM   #31 (permalink)

I apologise if this has been asked before but the first page of the hobby sell sheet states "1 autograph per hobby box guaranteed" The last page however states "2 hits per box with 1 guaranteed autograph or sketch card"

If the first statement is true then does that mean that your second hit could be a sketch? Or just a case of Topps contradicting themselves before they had even finished the sell sheet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GOBIAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:31 AM   #32 (permalink)

Either is possible. I know in Galactic Files Reborn it is supposed to be 1 auto and then the 2nd hit could be a 2nd auto, sketch, medallion or printing plate.
I hope more products go this way, because it keeps your interest in the rest of the box, after you have hit the auto.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:50 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeterfan95 View Post
More like Journey to the saturation of Daisy autos. Topps really knows no bounds. They're doing to non-sports what they've done to sports.
Adding a handful of Daisy autos per set isn't really saturating the market.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:24 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joudenjouden View Post
Strongly disagree with you here. I don't have a Ridley, Hamill or Ford in my collection yet I still stand strongly by keeping them limited. If they produced Ridleys like they did Rose, what's the point of card collecting? There's no chase.
Nah. Obviously she won't be that common, but at the current rate of Fords for example, 5 per set is way too low.

They should have like 25-50 autos for these signers, at a minimum, but obviously they won't pay for that so we get 1-5 Fords.

I'm looking at it from a fan point of view, where I'd like things to be attainable. I get that some people would stop collecting if there wasn't anything rare to chase, yet at the same time I think some people stop because it's too unattainable and they just buy the auto they want and move on.

Either way, it's not like it'll ever happen, it'll just be over the next few years with more and more sets that they'll saturate her, but not with 50+ autos per set, but I can hope.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:28 AM   #35 (permalink)

I would love to see some sets have 50 to 100 ford base autos and the same for Hamill and other big names that are still with us. It would make it a lot more enjoyable for collectors

I dont ship outside the USA
nera20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:41 AM   #36 (permalink)

Even if they could, they probably wouldn't as they'd want everyone to spend more and more for the gamble...like a bunch of gambling addicts lol. Like some kind of neverending Star Wars crack.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:41 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nera20 View Post
I would love to see some sets have 50 to 100 ford base autos and the same for Hamill and other big names that are still with us. It would make it a lot more enjoyable for collectors
Not at $400 per box.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:02 AM   #38 (permalink)

If Topps would make a limited production high end product where you are guaranteed a top 10 auto per box might be the answer for Topps and the collector.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:08 AM   #39 (permalink)

The trend of late has been to guarantee an auto. I noticed their discrepancy, too.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:09 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Adding a handful of Daisy autos per set isn't really saturating the market.
Agree. There's plenty of demand.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:24 AM   #41 (permalink)

Topps just twitter this out.
rice71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:25 AM   #42 (permalink)

When you guaranty an auto, you are looking at some crappy autos in the set IMHO. I actually kinda prefer the sketch and auto, as sketches seem to have some value above another Tim Rose.
ForceChange77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:32 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice71 View Post
That was in the sell sheet/link info from first post.

Worst part is, I'm 9% sure all three will be at SW Celebration and could easily sign a few cards, yet we'll get stickers instead.

The true holy grail isn't a 6-way sticker card it'd be multi-autos hard-signed. Sad part is with the passing of Carrie and Kenny that's no longer attainable.

I'm also a little concerned to see only repeat signers, even if big names. Oscar Isaac shouldn't be that hard of a person to get to sign, same with Lupita Nyongo. I'd love a Maz/Chewie dual sig.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:39 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceChange77 View Post
When you guaranty an auto, you are looking at some crappy autos in the set IMHO. I actually kinda prefer the sketch and auto, as sketches seem to have some value above another Tim Rose.
The auto guarantee though means that sketches would replace the manufactured relic. I would rather have another Tim Rose autograph than another Tie Fighter Pilot medallion. The question will be how many sketches per case is realistic? If it's even 12 autos, 3 sketches, 9 manufactured, that would be a huge improvement over the last 2 years where you could almost guarantee 12 medallions with all your plates, sketches, autos making up the last 12.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:18 PM   #45 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to vaderccg

Out the back door & not inserted in the product. IMO
Old 03-22-2017, 01:36 PM   #46 (permalink)

i love Tim Rose!!!! I'm collecting one from every Star Wars set he's signed. An army of ackbars.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:20 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
The auto guarantee though means that sketches would replace the manufactured relic. I would rather have another Tim Rose autograph than another Tie Fighter Pilot medallion. The question will be how many sketches per case is realistic? If it's even 12 autos, 3 sketches, 9 manufactured, that would be a huge improvement over the last 2 years where you could almost guarantee 12 medallions with all your plates, sketches, autos making up the last 12.
Well I think part of it is no matter if autos or sketches, guaranteeing one per box is going to lead to crap making it thru because of the sheer volume.

If they went to a single hit configuration and lowered the prices a bit, that'd help. However, I feel we'd run into a FA Chrome scenario where your only hit may be a manufactured piece of junk, even though it's numbered.

Only way around it would be to have movie prop relics as one of the possible hits, alongside plates and then just do lower print runs.

No reason they can't tear up some background character outfits, there's 1,000s of them, with a majority being duplicates (i.e. Jawas, Tusken Raiders, Jakku Villagers, Bespin Guards, Guavian Enforcers, etc)
Old 03-22-2017, 03:13 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice71 View Post
WOW, well this just cost me some $$. Hope one of us hits it!! Will order now and see how it goes.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:56 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowoutBuzz View Post
First Buzz: 2017 Topps Star Wars Journey to The Last Jedi >> BlowoutBuzz.com #collect

Wait a second, is this her first set signing her full name?!?! If so, I wonder how prices will be...
Old 03-22-2017, 04:08 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Wait a second, is this her first set signing her full name?!?! If so, I wonder how prices will be...
That's only a mockup, so I wouldn't necessarily assume it means she will be signing her full name on any upcoming cards. I assume Topps scanned her signature from her autograph contract to use for their mockups, and it would make sense she would sign her full name on the contract itself.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote