Blowout Cards Forums
Trade In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2017, 11:03 PM   #26 (permalink)

Think I made a good call. First box. Third pack. Plate auto...

Last edited by TimBuckTwo; 04-09-2017 at 11:22 PM.
TimBuckTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:48 PM   #27 (permalink)

Off and running...congrats!
daviswr7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:49 PM   #28 (permalink)

Nice hit!
Even though you have already started to open this product, I agree with what was said before.
This product is great, but really can't get more expensive with time.
Even if you had the last case available, most people would pass on the price and just buy another product.
When a product gets so high, you can get 3 cases of lesser products for the same price.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:54 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBuckTwo View Post
I think I am going to guns on case two.

Thanks for all the comments.

Gonna look for me a triple!
Good Luck!
Old 04-10-2017, 12:10 AM   #30 (permalink)

Thanks guys. I am still pumped. First plate auto 1/1 I have ever hit of Star Wars.

Hope this one is fun! Remaining breaks in break thread.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:36 AM   #31 (permalink)

Nice job now finish busting that 2nd case. Good luck on the rest.
aschade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:49 AM   #32 (permalink)

Holy! Grats on that Ahmed plate auto. Hard to do much better!!
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:07 AM   #33 (permalink)

WOW! What a hit! Congrats!

Regarding what Vapdee said above, that post made no sense to me lol. I guess I can't judge you though if I don't even get it haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joudenjouden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:05 AM   #34 (permalink)

Wow, signed plate of a brand new signer. Clearly the break one case advice was sound. :-)
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:29 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapdee View Post
Just completed an ebay auction for $112.50 plus $6.99 shipped for a single box, let's see if the guy pays or waits to see if the price keeps going down now that the weekend is ending along with some of the hype...and now with some of the ambiguity of what might be released to restock some vendors, what will be at Star Wars Celebration The Ultimate Fan Experience - Star Wars Celebration ? April 13 - 16, 2017 , what sellers who were at large card shows over the weekend come back to their shops with, what sellers whose boxes were derailed, what other stories have there been over the weekend - did I miss any...

Oh, update on that jerk here on LI that looks like a Mini Me version of Gallagher, had a friends wife call today and she was told well well $130, that product is hot, fire and she then asked him what that gets her...and he stammers, grabs a box and just regurgitates that there are 2 hits, short print this and that, 24 packs....this guy is the worst, cannot wait for when we have one of his regulars call and he is like, well not much sold over the weekend - was getting 120-130 but for you, well for you, how does 100 sound...

Now some of you might be like, well this is business....and to that I would say...

If you went to buy milk or eggs, for you and your family, and the grocer was like there are three of you here and I have 12 dozen eggs and 12 cartons of milk - but its Thursday, its release day - TODAY ONLY $5!! When they should be $4... Then Friday, when people come looking for their Milk and Eggs - he says, wait a minute its Friday and people want Milk and Eggs - TODAY ONLY $7!!

Get my drift?

Card Junkies who don't pre-order get the prices they deserver - I no longer care to help!
Because their attitudes are that of the fearful addict that will not get their fix...they are fearful that the Milk and Eggs will be onsale on Monday for $3.50 and not $4....they string themselves and the market out...they whine, they complain, they make posts that are absurb, they buy up ebay auctions to hold prices to what they think are the norm, hoping they drop, they don't pay then for their items taking an inconsequencial hit to their ebay accounts, the seller now has to wait and wait for a case to open and then close....all the while, others are selling and singing a sound song of collusion!!

This ends with this release, believe me - the scammers, and they know who they are and those with tangential posts who don't collect the product but bust to support other card habits and ruin our market, aftermarket and embolden others are loosing on this release!!

Just wait to see what starts to pop up here and there...this release although great in the 'value' will also show the collectors - that buying AP Artist Proof Sketch Cards and Commissioning artist for One of a King ART is the way to go, to have real value in a collection, to have a real 1 of 1, to support the little guy and to slowly push away those who only bust to gamble...don't think I don't already know I will take a ton of flack from others for this and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I respect yours - will you respect mine?

How many of you are on dealernet? I wonder how many here have are whole sale sellers, distributors, web retailers, ebayers, and all that overlap that I do not think is allowable in contracts unless - well....
High buy $104.17/box, low sell $150/box and guess who that low sell is??
chondaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:09 PM   #36 (permalink)

That reminds me, I need to pickup milk and eggs on the way home from work tonight...
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #37 (permalink)

I think this is one set where you wouldn't be chastised for selling loose boxes from a case since the sketch quality is high and it's not like other products where the other boxes are more or less "dead".

Unless you hit a Jones or dual/triple in the rest of the boxes, I think the Bodhi plate will be your best hit, that's an awesome pull!

However, if you care about regular plates and sketches, then proceed along.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:07 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceChange77 View Post
So sure this was a short run, but I don't believe the scarcity is going to make any difference in the long run, because I don't think people are going to be opening these boxes in 2 years looking for a ford or hamill. But what the heck do I know?
If you open these boxes now or 20 years from now looking for a Ford or Hamill you get what you deserve since neither actor was even in this movie.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:33 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
I think this is one set where you wouldn't be chastised for selling loose boxes from a case since the sketch quality is high and it's not like other products where the other boxes are more or less "dead".

Unless you hit a Jones or dual/triple in the rest of the boxes, I think the Bodhi plate will be your best hit, that's an awesome pull!

However, if you care about regular plates and sketches, then proceed along.
And daviswr7 hit a medallion, 2 sketches and auto in a box. You just don't know how many hits could be in them.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:03 AM   #40 (permalink)

$150 a box? Well at least Topps is helping me stop buying boxes and just buy singles.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:25 AM   #41 (permalink)
Tim

the ignorance in this thread is astounding.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:42 AM   #42 (permalink)

I'm not really sure what point Vapdee is trying to make in his latest post. FA S2 dropped in price after it released because the content of an average case was poor. RO S2 increased in price after it released because the content of an average case is really good (probably the best amount of content for any SW set in the past 2 years, based on original cost).

I would also say that the two situations were completely different. FA S2 was somewhat hyped prior to release, and the pre-sale prices were inflated. RO S2 was not hyped much prior to release, and pre-sale prices were not inflated. So I'm not sure why you would compare the two products. They weren't the same before release, and they certainly weren't the same after release.

As for RO S2 boxes now being priced at $150, even as good as it is, I don't see the value at that price. I can understand $125/box, but $150 is getting to be too high IMO. Of course the hype is probably highest right now, so at least some people are willing to pay that high price.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:50 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
the ignorance in this thread is astounding.
Why because topps is charging $150 per box? LOL
Sapphire Sports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire Sports View Post
Why because topps is charging $150 per box? LOL
It's not Topps. People know that right?

Topps sells to direct/distributors accounts at roughly $68ish..

Distributors then charge $72ish to Dealers and Card shops or anyone with a Taxid...

Then Dealers/Card Shops or anyone with a TaxID charges $150 per...

I mean, c'mon, everyone knows this right?? Saphire you know this, was that a joke above?? I honestly can't tell.

Last edited by daviswr7; 04-11-2017 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:08 PM   #45 (permalink)
Tim

if you thought the other post would get him a suspension, the one at the top of this page is beyond worse.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:12 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
if you thought the other post would get him a suspension, the one at the top of this page is beyond worse.
Yup. Paging some mods.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:34 PM   #47 (permalink)

And..........he's gone.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:40 PM   #48 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

If he comes back trolling, just let me know and I will make his vacation permanent.

There were no ip conflicts, but that certainly read like a pbm...

Quote:
The second one didn't bother me so much really. There was a group break host who was saying stuff like that because we banned him. He was run out of the business though finally.
Descanse mi princesita 9/20/00-4/16/15
houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:41 PM   #49 (permalink)

So Vapdee got vaporized?

What did he do?
Old 04-11-2017, 02:43 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBuckTwo View Post
So Vapdee got vaporized?

What did he do?
Being a general nuisance, and linking to a post on another form claiming that Blowout has shady business practices.
Malavon is offline   Reply With Quote