Blowout Cards Forums
2016 international shipping

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2017, 06:29 PM   #26 (permalink)

Crazy the lines already forming at 8:30 am this morning. Value my sleep and cherish my back (what's left of it) too much to camp out overnight!
Old 04-13-2017, 10:14 PM   #27 (permalink)

For those at Celebration, if anyone has any extras of the four /200 exclusive cards, I'm really looking for them. I'm ready to trade/pay well. If you end up with an extra at any time over the weekend please pm to work out a trade. It's like getting money off your purchases, and your helping out a fellow collector who couldn't attend. Thanks guys and enjoy it! Super jealous over here lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joudenjouden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

Whoa I didn't know Ford was going to be at Celebration! Ughhhh should have gone.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:16 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Whoa I didn't know Ford was going to be at Celebration! Ughhhh should have gone.
Good luck getting anywhere near him.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:16 PM   #30 (permalink)

Trailer here if you haven't seen it yet >> BlowoutBuzz.com #TheLastJedi #collect

Old 04-15-2017, 09:11 PM   #31 (permalink)

Very surprised and happy with the topps celebration exclusive. My favorite of the whole show.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:22 AM   #32 (permalink)

I wonder if there were long lines for Sarah Michelle Gellar. I'm interested to know how many people paid $150 for her autograph.

HTownFan
HTownFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:03 AM   #33 (permalink)

The autograph area at Celebration was anywhere from 1hr to 3hr wait for all the bigger personalities. Harrison was there for the 40th panel and then left. Unless he showed up for the closing ceremony. The Celebration Store was a minimal 1.5hr wait.
Jdfknight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:01 AM   #34 (permalink)

Is it worth going to this? It sounds amazing, but doesn't the sheer volume of people and queuing make it difficult.
richo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:47 PM   #35 (permalink)

was looking forward to 2018 as we were hoping it would come back to los angeles/anaheim area...
any reason why they are skipping 2018?
hopefully 2019 comes this way
Jperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:02 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jperez View Post
was looking forward to 2018 as we were hoping it would come back to los angeles/anaheim area...
any reason why they are skipping 2018?
hopefully 2019 comes this way
When Celebrations started they were spaced 3 years apart. Recently they have been every 2 years in the US. There has never been US Celebrations in back to back years and hopefully this will continue. Makes them a little more special to be spaced out a bit imo.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:12 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTownFan View Post
I wonder if there were long lines for Sarah Michelle Gellar. I'm interested to know how many people paid $150 for her autograph.

HTownFan
Well she sold out from what I understand, my friend met her and she was very nervous, understanding she rarely does public appearances. She also had a ton more security than even Harrison Ford from what I heard lol.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Well she sold out from what I understand, my friend met her and she was very nervous, understanding she rarely does public appearances. She also had a ton more security than even Harrison Ford from what I heard lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTownFan View Post

HTownFan
She sold out all autos & photo ops on Saturday. Her lines were queued up & full all day Friday & Saturday. She had longer lines then Freddie Prinze..LOL!
On Friday, she was nervous & photo ops appeared that way. On Saturday, she was very friendly at the table & seemed more relaxed on Saturday with the photo ops. I had a great picture with her.
I had no problem paying $150. I got 4 things signed by her. She was only signing "Sarah Michelle" on most things & I asked her if she could sign her full name on my buffy poster (which has 20 signs) & she said sure.
Hippiekmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:08 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joudenjouden View Post
For those at Celebration, if anyone has any extras of the four /200 exclusive cards, I'm really looking for them. I'm ready to trade/pay well. If you end up with an extra at any time over the weekend please pm to work out a trade. It's like getting money off your purchases, and your helping out a fellow collector who couldn't attend. Thanks guys and enjoy it! Super jealous over here lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have an extra Han Solo & Vader. They are up on ebay but can take them down if interested.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:16 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
Is it worth going to this? It sounds amazing, but doesn't the sheer volume of people and queuing make it difficult.
I thought Thursday was very disorganized but they seemed to get somethings straightened out for the rest of the weekend. Some of the main issues were if the celebrity was late. Hayden was an hour late on Friday, which caused his photo ops to run behind, then the duo Hayden/Ian ops and finally the Ian photos op which were to start at 12:30 didn't start until @2pm.

The wait just depended...if you caught it at the right time you were good, especially if you had Group A tickets.

I did hear that Riz left early on Friday & not everyone got signed. Also on Friday, Hamill basically had to leave his last signing session to do the Carrie Tribute.

Overall it was not the worst autograph area I've been too. Philly Wizard World last year was much, much worse!

I feel you just have to pick & choose what you want. If you want the autographs, like me, then you'll be in the auto hall most of the time. If you want the exclusives, then you go do them, etc..but very difficult to do it all.

I got all of my autos & photos ( I had a lot of auto tix pre-bought), so I was happy. I would do it again.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:59 PM   #41 (permalink)

The show was great, every one signing was awesome, Sarah Michelle kinda of seemed out of place, rumor has it this was her 1st convention. She seemed more at ease during the signing (with a table separating her from the freaks), but during photo ops she definitely seemed uneasy. You can see a lot of pictures where she is completely set apart from persons taking the picture with her. I kinda of understand being that she is a private person, not everyone uses "Dial," and there are just some gross people who want to get into your personal space to take a picture. There also were a few actors who got "con crud" so I am sure she wasn't in the mood for having sick people touching her. Autograph wise she was great, the guy in front of me had about 20 things he wanted signed for his business, so I am sure that didn't help being that she was there more for her fans and not some creepy guy wanting every comic signed in a VERY specific place and way. Felicity Jones also seemed a little uneasy during pictures with a bunch of strangers, again, there are a lot of off putting smells that accompany people, but during signings she was fabulous. There were a lot of people who were just plain a$$holes. Hasbro allowed 2 exclusives per customer and then marked the back of your badge with invisible ink so you couldn't keep coming around, some lady had the balls to complain about it and then try to wipe her ink off! Another guy behind me actually got caught with the ink and tried to say he had no idea how the ink got there! It really seems as though the conventioneers are the problem and not the actors. Anyhow looking forward to 2019!
Wolf8MeVillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:00 PM   #42 (permalink)

Oh and Topps had an awakening about how to runs autographs and photo ops... think big learning curve for them!
Wolf8MeVillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:15 PM   #43 (permalink)

Learning curve!!!! I seen better handling from Tampa Bay Comic Con.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:41 PM   #44 (permalink)

They still have some of the nerd block celebration boxes. Might go for one now as the medal name badges are selling for $35+ on eBay

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited by gdelan1; 04-17-2017 at 09:43 PM.
gdelan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:32 AM   #45 (permalink)

Default SWCO Haul

Well have most everything uploaded to my Photobucket account. Here is the link to look at.

Star Wars Celebration Orlando by Jeff Foreback | Photobucket

Here is the poster that did for the Artist Alley.

Old 04-19-2017, 04:51 PM   #46 (permalink)

If anyone needs any SWCO exclusives, I have pretty much everything (pins, patches, cards, toys, etc.) Just PM me. I can do going feebay rate less 10%.