Blowout Cards Forums
Trade In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2017, 04:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Star Wars Celebration...who's going?

Hi all,

Just thought I'd start a thread for anyone on here who's going this coming weekend.

It'd be nice to say there's a Topps exclusive of some kind there, but they haven't said anything, which is really disappointing. Not sure if they're waiting to make a surprise announcement or if they won't even have a booth since they're busy handling the auto/photo op duties thru Topps Authentics this year.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

I will be there and was hoping the same from topps. They have had exclusives in the past, you would think at "the" convention to have exclusives you would....
Old 04-10-2017, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

When they do it in Boston, I'll go.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
gdelan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'll be there! Just look for the guy that has had no sleep since Wednesday lol
Old 04-10-2017, 07:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ill be there!!!!!
nsucolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

LEGO has a special set there that you can purchase:

Lego Reveals Exclusive 'Star Wars' Celebration Set
fulltritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltritty View Post
LEGO has a special set there that you can purchase:

Lego Reveals Exclusive 'Star Wars' Celebration Set
Yes, if you are fortunate enough to win the lottery. Sadly I did not win with 3 attempts (wife, son, and myself).
Old 04-11-2017, 04:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

Anyone going able to maybe get my two autographs?

I purchased Felicity Jones and Ian McDiamird and then had a business trip come up and won't be able to attend. I would be happy to compensate for your time. PM me if at all possible. I believe I've received my autograph tickets through email already (need to catch up on emails but I think I remember seeing something about them)
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Anyone going able to maybe get my two autographs?

I purchased Felicity Jones and Ian McDiamird and then had a business trip come up and won't be able to attend. I would be happy to compensate for your time. PM me if at all possible. I believe I've received my autograph tickets through email already (need to catch up on emails but I think I remember seeing something about them)
My wife and I are going, not sure what you wanted to get signed (8x10) or a special item, or how you would get us the tickets for the autographs, I might be able to help, but not sure exactly how to go about it. Plus I would hate to screw up something!
Wolf8MeVillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

i will be there got a dealer badge so ill get to run around all i want lol
aaron568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

Does the convention offer any purchases of official celebration signed 8x10s for those unable to attend? There are 5-6 signers that I would love to get an official celebration photo signed.
Scottish Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish Punk View Post
Does the convention offer any purchases of official celebration signed 8x10s for those unable to attend? There are 5-6 signers that I would love to get an official celebration photo signed.
Official Pix sold the photos in the past Celebrations but now that Topps has taken over the autograph hall who knows. I have not seen any info from them on photo sales. We can find out Thursday
Old 04-11-2017, 04:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Will be attending Thursday. My first SWC.

Any advise for a first-timer?
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:53 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterose4hof View Post

run fast.......and pray
Old 04-11-2017, 04:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

No seriously, what are you most wanting to see or do? I can offer some tips maybe
Old 04-11-2017, 04:58 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish Punk View Post
If so, it'd be thru the Topps Authentics website. They have Jones and Whittaker and others on there already.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
run fast.......and pray
Quote:
No seriously, what are you most wanting to see or do? I can offer some tips maybe
I'd like to pick up a few things from the Official Store. Is it pretty much packed all hours of the day?

I'd love to see the 40 years of Star Wars kickoff (Thurs 11am), but I'm assuming I would have to camp out Wed night to get a seat. Right?

Will definitely want to walk around and look at the exhibitors; especially the artists.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd like to pick up a few things from the Official Store. Is it pretty much packed all hours of the day?

I'd love to see the 40 years of Star Wars kickoff (Thurs 11am), but I'm assuming I would have to camp out Wed night to get a seat. Right?

Will definitely want to walk around and look at the exhibitors; especially the artists.
Camp overnight to be guaranteed entry into one of the main rooms basically, or show up at 5am and hope you still get a wristband. Worst case, it's streamed online, and maybe other tvs in the convention center so you can still see most of it.

For the store, if you get there early enough, like 8am and wait outside you can get a store lightspeed pass or just walk in since the panels will draw away a good chunk of people.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:

You will likely have to choose between the panel or the store but will not be able to do both. The first day at the store is absolute bonkers. If it's like Anaheim, the few pins that aren't purchased Wed night at the VIP preview will be snatched up first thing causing the checkouts to be back logged for hours. In Anaheim it looked like Black Friday at Walmart compressed into an area 1/20th the size. If there are any vendor exclusives that you are wanting, Thursday morning is the best day to try to get them while everyone is fighting to get into the store and others are lining up for the panel.
There is a ton of stuff to see and lots of freebies handed out at booths so sometimes it's better for the soul to avoid the hot spots and go around looking at the smaller booths or the art show- which gets busier as the day goes on.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:28 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
You will likely have to choose between the panel or the store but will not be able to do both. The first day at the store is absolute bonkers. If it's like Anaheim, the few pins that aren't purchased Wed night at the VIP preview will be snatched up first thing causing the checkouts to be back logged for hours. In Anaheim it looked like Black Friday at Walmart compressed into an area 1/20th the size. If there are any vendor exclusives that you are wanting, Thursday morning is the best day to try to get them while everyone is fighting to get into the store and others are lining up for the panel.
There is a ton of stuff to see and lots of freebies handed out at booths so sometimes it's better for the soul to avoid the hot spots and go around looking at the smaller booths or the art show- which gets busier as the day goes on.
Thank you so much for the great info. I think for my first time it might be best to avoid the chaos and just walk around and take it all in. Then maybe try to get to the store in the afternoon when hopefully some of the rush has died down.

What vendor exclusives are you wanting to get? I'd like to get ahold of one of the Thrawn cover variants.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:45 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron568 View Post
i will be there got a dealer badge so ill get to run around all i want lol
what does the dealer badge give access to?
Old 04-12-2017, 02:47 PM   #22 (permalink)

Not me.

Maybe next time they'll do it over Christmas weekend.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:52 PM   #23 (permalink)

Looks like Topps so far has a digital set for the SWCT app, but still nothing physical. Really annoying when I finally go to a big con and they have nothing. We'll see, maybe another surprise reveal but they sure are waiting.

Sneak Peak! Topps Star Wars Card Trader Exclusive Set for Star Wars Celebration! | Making Star Wars
Old 04-12-2017, 05:26 PM   #24 (permalink)

I will be there, looking forward to it
Old 04-12-2017, 05:31 PM   #25 (permalink)

My flight leaves 6 am tomorrow morning!
The autograph schedule seems silly to me though, for example, Brian Herring is only schedule to sign for 2 - 1 hour sessions on Thursday?? I have tickets for him tomorrow but my plane doesn't get in until 12:30 and his last signing is 2-3pm.
And I just realized going through all my e-tickets, that when I got a 4th SMG ticket, I forgot to change the date, so I have 3 tickets for Saturday & 1 for Friday.
Should be good though!
Hippiekmt is offline   Reply With Quote