Blowout Cards Forums
Bryce harper

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2017, 03:00 PM   #26 (permalink)

The show was very busy today. Busier than I remember it being for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyguyrich View Post
Are there buyers there, I've never been to this show and I have a few sketches and a high dollar autograph card out of star wars products I need to sell but I don't want to drive from Reading if there's no chance of selling them funds are tight
Yes, but the dealers are only going to pay a price where they know they can make a profit.

On the other hand, there are a hundred buyers walking the show floor...
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:23 PM   #27 (permalink)

I was there today. Lots of nice cards, found 2 I wanted at a price I could live with. Really kept hemming and hawing over the decision on what to buy because too many options lol.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:04 PM   #28 (permalink)

Were there any Avengers Silver Age boxes at the show? If so, what was the box price?
finfangfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:40 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
Were there any Avengers Silver Age boxes at the show? If so, what was the box price?
I think Bushkill had the best price at $40 or $45/box. I thought about it but ended up passing. Really focused on getting a nice GPK art piece done between this show and the one next weekend (East Coast Comic Con).
Old 04-22-2017, 08:39 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Fish View Post
And I am here. I'm the fat, sexy guy with a gray hoodie and a Pirates hat. Actually, just the fat guy with a Pirates hat. Feel free to say hi
I was walking around and heard some people talking about the big sexy guy. I turned around and there was a guy in a Pirates hat and gray hoodie. It must have been Da-Fish as no other people were around.
Sapphire Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:43 PM   #31 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TKCards

Had a great time at the show today. It was great to meet Ian and his daughter too.
TKCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:44 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby5454 View Post
The Spring show is definitely better for me than the fall show.
I would say if you had to choose one, spring is the way to go.

Cryptozoic is doing a special promo for boxes bought/opened at the show.

Here is the info...

https://www.cryptozoic.com/articles/...orts-card-show

See you all there.

Mike.

I forgot to ask about that, Maybe tomorrow if I get back.
I must say Mike has the nicest set up of all the dealers, Clean and organized.
Made it super easy to see all of his great suff.
Sapphire Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:57 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCards View Post
Had a great time at the show today. It was great to meet Ian and his daughter too.
That would have been cool.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:04 PM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TKCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire Sports View Post
I forgot to ask about that, Maybe tomorrow if I get back.
I must say Mike has the nicest set up of all the dealers, Clean and organized.
Made it super easy to see all of his great suff.
The new Flash Promo cards are awesome. I got the one on the left for buying the Cryptozoic box (Ender's Game) and we came across the other 2 in the Promo Card binder, so I exchanged 2 Cryptozoic Promo cards that I had doubles of to get them.

Did anyone else purchase the Limited edition GPK Wacky Packages set?
TKCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:06 PM   #35 (permalink)

I got 2 gpk/wp sets. Going to get one signed tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:31 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire Sports View Post
I was walking around and heard some people talking about the big sexy guy. I turned around and there was a guy in a Pirates hat and gray hoodie. It must have been Da-Fish as no other people were around.
Ha!!!!! See you tomorrow. Coming back down with the Professor
Da_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 05:50 PM   #37 (permalink)

If anyone is looking to sell the Flash promos, let me know
Old 04-23-2017, 06:18 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude11 View Post
If anyone is looking to sell the Flash promos, let me know
Should have posted that yesterday, I could have picked you up a set today. Wouldn't have turned down a few bucks
Old 04-23-2017, 06:29 PM   #39 (permalink)

My loots from the show:

Cryptozoic prize wheel... no properties I collect, so everything is available for sale or trade if you are interested.

Door prize from the Card Talk this morning I haven't collected Gotham besides the promo cards and one or two wardrobes I won at CZE's wheel last year, but I"m still planning on keeping this one for the PC.

Found a cheap Superman: The Legend box at the show. Decent sketch but I don't really collect Superman so its available. Haven't sorted yet, but hopefully I got a few of the inserts I need to complete my mini master set.

I love GPK. Haven't collected very heavily the last few years because, well, Topps is being Topps. Still love the art and the gags though, and really love picking up OS stuff. This show presented a great opportunity to get a jam piece done by some top GPK artists, so that is what I set my sights on. Really happy with how it turned out. All of these guys were awesome to work with! (Worked with them all before except for Layron, who is a member here)

I also got my show exclusive GPK/WP sets signed by all the artists except Neil Camera, since he ended up not being able to make the show. Hopefully I can rectify that situation in the near future.

And lots of promos of course (not as many as usual since Breygent didn't do the show).
Old 04-23-2017, 07:01 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
My loots from the show:

Cryptozoic prize wheel... no properties I collect, so everything is available for sale or trade if you are interested.

Door prize from the Card Talk this morning I haven't collected Gotham besides the promo cards and one or two wardrobes I won at CZE's wheel last year, but I"m still planning on keeping this one for the PC.

Found a cheap Superman: The Legend box at the show. Decent sketch but I don't really collect Superman so its available. Haven't sorted yet, but hopefully I got a few of the inserts I need to complete my mini master set.

I love GPK. Haven't collected very heavily the last few years because, well, Topps is being Topps. Still love the art and the gags though, and really love picking up OS stuff. This show presented a great opportunity to get a jam piece done by some top GPK artists, so that is what I set my sights on. Really happy with how it turned out. All of these guys were awesome to work with! (Worked with them all before except for Layron, who is a member here)

I also got my show exclusive GPK/WP sets signed by all the artists except Neil Camera, since he ended up not being able to make the show. Hopefully I can rectify that situation in the near future.

And lots of promos of course (not as many as usual since Breygent didn't do the show).
Nice haul, and the GPK piece is awesome!!! The artists were pretty cool. Always nice to see their work!!!

Also got my set signed today.
Da_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:24 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
My loots from the show:

Wow! That's a great haul.

www.pernastudios.deviantart.com
www.facebook.com/groups/Pernastudios
ElainePerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:53 PM   #42 (permalink)

Just in case anyone needs to plan ahead, over on the NSU forum Harris Toser recently announced the dates for the next three Philly shows...

Fall show - October 21 & 22

Spring show - April 7 & 8
Fall show - Oct 20 & 21

And so far two artists have been confirmed for the Fall 2017 show - Ashleigh Popplewell and Mark Pingitore.
StevieV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #43 (permalink)

Man, I sure wish these were on the west coast
Old 05-15-2017, 10:40 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGhostbuster View Post
Well... You do have SDCC. I mean, if you could get tickets.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:38 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Well... You do have SDCC. I mean, if you could get tickets.
I have gone the last ten years or so (give or take a year or two) and there seems to be less and less non sports cards each year. There is one guy (don't remember a name) who usually has his booth against one of the walls who I can usually count on as his booth is nothing but non sports cards.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:36 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
where do you get your cards/ boxes out here? mostly online?
Old 05-16-2017, 10:15 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
I have gone the last ten years or so (give or take a year or two) and there seems to be less and less non sports cards each year. There is one guy (don't remember a name) who usually has his booth against one of the walls who I can usually count on as his booth is nothing but non sports cards.
I'm guessing it's Tony/Triangle Cards. I know he sets up at SDCC.

Honestly, it's cool but you aren't missing much. All of those dealers at the show have ebay storefronts. Cryptozoic is the only major manufacturer left, and based on location I assume they set up at one of your local shows. At NYCC they only have games and figures in thier booth - no non-sports cards.