Blowout Cards Forums
Bryce harper

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2017, 08:01 AM   #101 (permalink)

I'm not surprised at all. Looked like a GREAT value compared to other sets they are putting out these days. I even thought about buying a 6 pack.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 08:58 AM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiltonL View Post
Weren't you the one who received the 1/1 patch?

I refuse to deal with people who send valuable items in PWEs
Yes all they had to do was put a piece of cardboard with it.

I'm still waiting for topps to tell me if it can be remade/replaced.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2017, 09:02 AM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I'm not surprised at all. Looked like a GREAT value compared to other sets they are putting out these days. I even thought about buying a 6 pack.
Not sure about great value. It's like a mini sugar free. Instead of 49 cards its 20 and only 1 auto.

I'm super curious if the big names are only on /10 and /1 versions or if ford has 11 or only 1 auto in this. That'll be the big difference.

I also hope topps won't keep this model of undisclosed print runs up front to make people panic into buying every time they put one of these put, versus knowing widevision has 2,000 sets up front.

Maybe the next one will have sketches?!?!

Old 05-06-2017, 09:36 AM   #104 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Faulkenburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Not sure about great value. It's like a mini sugar free. Instead of 49 cards its 20 and only 1 auto.

I'm super curious if the big names are only on /10 and /1 versions or if ford has 11 or only 1 auto in this. That'll be the big difference.

I also hope topps won't keep this model of undisclosed print runs up front to make people panic into buying every time they put one of these put, versus knowing widevision has 2,000 sets up front.

Disclosing the print run is the exception for Topps. Printing to order is the standard, only this time it was consumers ordering directly instead of shops/distributors.

This appears to be a huge success for Topps and I expect we'll see it again sooner rather than later. We'll just have to wait and see how many packs were printed and the number of top tier autographs to determine if we buy in at the same rate next time.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:57 AM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post

The autograph list was small, and guaranteed one for $60. There were no garbage medallions or other manufactured hits. Sure seems like a much better bet than thier typical mass Star Wars release to me, but to each thier own...
Old 05-06-2017, 12:14 PM   #106 (permalink)

I'd intended to get this right away, but it was just when they dropped sugar free to $75 so I had to go for that first. I'd replenished funds for this by yesterday afternoon, but by the time I went to buy it last night, it was gone.

Snooze=Lose, as my Uncle Algo used to say.

Good luck to those who got it. Hoping to see some big hits from our members!

This has to be Topps' most successful online Star Wars effort since ROTJ 3d Widevision. As I remember, they sold what turned out to be about 1500 of the 2000 boxes in pretty much one day, marked it as sold out, only to sell the actual last of it (in a matter of hours) about one week later. Was glad to get into that both times.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:30 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
The autograph list was small, and guaranteed one for $60. There were no garbage medallions or other manufactured hits. Sure seems like a much better bet than thier typical mass Star Wars release to me, but to each thier own...
I agree with this, this was my thoughts exactly and my justification for buying as many as I did.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:43 PM   #108 (permalink)

This looks like a good gamble to me also. I was waiting until later in the window and missed it, so I hope everybody does well. It could be a good volume buy this one.

In terms of future releases, I am hopeful GF Reborn will be good, but am extremely nervous on The Last Jedi sets such as Journey and then the actual sets as I feel these will be heavily ordered and printed, including for overseas markets like 40th.
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 01:31 PM   #109 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
As much as I would love to host a break of this breaks that are run on Blowout need to have the product purchased from Blowout. Since this is a Topps direct product I can't.
Contact danny and ask them to buy you the sets.

I was going to do it but seeing this post you can run it. Looks fun.

Run it now and see what you fill and then have BO buy that many?
Descanse mi princesita 9/20/00-4/16/15
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 01:39 PM   #110 (permalink)

I'm excited to see these cards in hand.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:40 PM   #111 (permalink)

i bought 10 i think the design looks great and the chance at a decent auto seems legit figured why not

I dont ship outside the USA
nera20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:27 AM   #112 (permalink)

I wonder when these will ship...
pjs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:51 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Contact danny and ask them to buy you the sets.

I was going to do it but seeing this post you can run it. Looks fun.

Run it now and see what you fill and then have BO buy that many?
It's too late now :/

Old 05-07-2017, 01:06 PM   #114 (permalink)

Yup, it wouldn't have made it through a 36 hour clock, as it turns out. And if they actually had put a 36 hour clock on it, it would've had sold out even faster than that. I definitely wouldn't have waited like I did.

Star Wars collectibles in general are going to be hot for the foreseeable future. Topps is printing money with these sets through the Han Solo movie, at a minimum, and what if they land an Emilia Clarke autograph for that? She seems to be done signing for the Game of Thrones sets.

I hope they send these to the lucky buyers sooner than later. I'm looking forward to the breaks (and to picking up a hopefully inexpensive base set from my PC, although I suppose the final print run will have a lot to do with how cheap).
Old 05-07-2017, 03:05 PM   #115 (permalink)

Was going to buy this and now its too late wtf Topps I guess you lied about it being available and didn't want my money. Probably for the better as I probably would've got 10 dud Autographs
aschade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 03:43 PM   #116 (permalink)

I'm glad it sold out because I was very tempted to gamble on one. I had a box in my cart the first day, but passed because of Star Wars fatigue. I really didn't want to pull another repeat common auto. I'll save my money for something else.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:28 PM   #117 (permalink)

What a double edged sword.

People that got on board in time are happy that it is sold out, it makes it feel more limited and hopefully in THEORY, a shorter more limited print run.

People that missed the boat are upset that it is already sold out, because now they can no longer get one, even though as pointed out already on this board a few times already, it clearly stated while supplies last. If this was nothing but a set of base cards, it truly could be print on demand. If 11,457 people ordered it, they could print 11,500 sets. Given the fact that each set comes with an autograph, logic would dictate that Topps set aside X amount of stickers and once that amount of 20 card sets was sold, it became sold out.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:35 PM   #118 (permalink)

there are at least 220 sets based off the silver and gold parallels and depending on if they fall one per set or every other thats the question.

So basically if I had to guess least amount of sets is 220, I think its probably around 440 sets or so

I dont ship outside the USA
nera20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:37 PM   #119 (permalink)

I passed because Topps fooled you on this one because sad to say you can't do basic math.
The same people crying that $100 for 40-50 card set with 2 autos was too expensive, now bought this set. It is $60 for half what you got before!
For $70 you could can preorder most full boxes and you get a 100 card base set, insert, parallels and 2 hits.
All of these box sets have not been worth it since they took out sketch cards or if they are 50%-60% off.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:52 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nera20 View Post
there are at least 220 sets based off the silver and gold parallels and depending on if they fall one per set or every other thats the question.

So basically if I had to guess least amount of sets is 220, I think its probably around 440 sets or so
If there are that few sets then the base sets themselves will not be cheap.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:52 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
I passed because Topps fooled you on this one because sad to say you can't do basic math.
The same people crying that $100 for 40-50 card set with 2 autos was too expensive, now bought this set. It is $60 for half what you got before!
For $70 you could can preorder most full boxes and you get a 100 card base set, insert, parallels and 2 hits.
All of these box sets have not been worth it since they took out sketch cards or if they are 50%-60% off.
This comment has no additive value. It's just inflammatory for no reason. You can make your point without being a dick.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:08 PM   #122 (permalink)

I'm excited about these cards. I'm mostly a baseball collector and have done a ton of Topps Now. As a huge Star Wars fan, I was always tempted to get a TBT set but really wanted an auto set. On Demand was the best of all for me. I bought 5 sets. Went back for another 5 and saw it sold out. Disappointed I couldn't get more, but happy I got any.

I'm excited to see what everyone gets and what final print run ends up being.

Nice to meet you all.
mlbexpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
This comment has no additive value. It's just inflammatory for no reason. You can make your point without being a dick.
Sorry for being a jerk, you are right I could have worded that better.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:29 PM   #124 (permalink)

This set all depends on print run and insertion of the better autos. I missed out as I didn't realise it might sell out inside the window, but the overall auto list seemed quite good to me. Of course if 98% of autos are the bottom 10, not to the top 10, it's still a problem, but I think there might be a chance it turns out well for volume buyers who can smooth the odds.
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:51 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
That's what I was trying to say before, its like a mini sugar free.

However sugar free had a lot more signers and undisclosed amount made, not sure if anyone ever ran the odds or not to determine print run.