Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2017, 08:55 PM   #51 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by robomole View Post
While I understand and agree with both sides to a certain degree. I don't see how one could call anyone "entitled" because they find $1,300 for a personalized autograph to be ridiculous haha. I mean come on! That's an insane amount. Especially when half of that is an upcharge for the personalization alone.

We all know that very few celebrities sign trading cards or photos exclusively for the fans benefit. They're doing it for the money or perhaps a little of both. I think what stings is that these prices scream of the money being way more important to him than the fans. But hey, Harrison Ford is an icon. He has earned the right to take advantage of his fans. And I don't think any less of him as an actor for it. Especially because so many people are willing to pay it! So I don't think any person is acting "entitled" or out of line because they wanna complain about it. Likewise I don't think any less of someone willing to pay it. Doesn't change the fact that this is a massive money grab that has his wallet at heart more than the fans.
Not insane at all. Expensive? Yes. His sticker autos are more expensive.

He knows his value and by not flooding the market with his autos he can maintain that value. To me that is just smart and it's actually good for the hobby.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:02 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardbooker View Post
I'm really tempted to buy the card on the bottom right, but man, $680 is lot of money. I could buy quite a few other PC cards with that kind of cash. It would help if they specified how many of each card he'd sign. If 10 or less, that would at least keep the value up. But if he signs 100 of each, then it's an easy pass.
He's only signing a handful of cards. They sold out instantly, which leads me to
believe they're only offering max 2-3 of each card.
Marc22a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robomole View Post
While I understand and agree with both sides to a certain degree. I don't see how one could call anyone "entitled" because they find $1,300 for a personalized autograph to be ridiculous haha. I mean come on! That's an insane amount. Especially when half of that is an upcharge for the personalization alone.

We all know that very few celebrities sign trading cards or photos exclusively for the fans benefit. They're doing it for the money or perhaps a little of both. I think what stings is that these prices scream of the money being way more important to him than the fans. But hey, Harrison Ford is an icon. He has earned the right to take advantage of his fans. And I don't think any less of him as an actor for it. Especially because so many people are willing to pay it! So I don't think any person is acting "entitled" or out of line because they wanna complain about it. Likewise I don't think any less of someone willing to pay it. Doesn't change the fact that this is a massive money grab that has his wallet at heart more than the fans.
I thought the entitlement snipe had more to do with the childish rant than the price.

Is he taking advantage of his fans or the company that is paying him to sign all these images? Fans are not required to buy them. He is going to get his fee whether they sell or not.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:57 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
I wonder if topps most expensive client to sign for them is Harrison Ford?
Has to be. At least as far as a "regular" signers are concerned. I imagine Jeter for baseball may be close.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:06 AM   #55 (permalink)

Reloaded some of the cards. I just can't pull the trigger!
Wolf8MeVillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:07 AM   #56 (permalink)

Feel like a card is too small! I mean if I am gonna pay $700+ I might as well get a larger autograph!
Old 05-16-2017, 09:00 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf8MeVillie View Post
Feel like a card is too small! I mean if I am gonna pay $700+ I might as well get a larger autograph!
This is what I can't get past myself. I know we are all card collectors here but I would prefer one of the larger items for the same price. When Ford has more room to sign on something the capital H and F seem to look much nicer than when constricted by space.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:31 AM   #58 (permalink)

I guess I could buy a poster with Ford's autograph and just peel stickers off of Topps for baker and Fisher and stick them on the poster lol
Old 05-16-2017, 10:18 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
This is what I can't get past myself. I know we are all card collectors here but I would prefer one of the larger items for the same price. When Ford has more room to sign on something the capital H and F seem to look much nicer than when constricted by space.
Not to mention, I assume you want to display something like that and a larger image/sig is going to present much better on your wall.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:33 AM   #60 (permalink)

Official Pix has pre-sold out for this signing. Their email says that they are asking him if more can be added so their may be another chance.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:14 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
Agree 100%. Just seems the entitlement generation has started to hit full force when it comes to Ford and his desire to sign. Can only imagine what they would say about Sir Alec Guinness if he were still alive. It was almost impossible to get him to sign ANYTHING Star Wars related. He hated the fact that he did that movie.

Think you may have it wrong as really no one from the entitled generation will probably be considering getting these. This is for the generation or two before who grew up with Stars Wars, are much older and wiser with their money. Would I love to get a Harrison Ford autograph? Of course but at that price I could think of so much else that I could purchase with those funds that would make me even happier. Heck I bough Carrie Fisher's Shockaholic book with an autographed book plate from the Wireless website for less than $20
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:33 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
Think you may have it wrong as really no one from the entitled generation will probably be considering getting these. This is for the generation or two before who grew up with Stars Wars, are much older and wiser with their money. Would I love to get a Harrison Ford autograph? Of course but at that price I could think of so much else that I could purchase with those funds that would make me even happier. Heck I bough Carrie Fisher's Shockaholic book with an autographed book plate from the Wireless website for less than $20
Don't shortchange the fantom of Star Wars. Kids who grew up in the late seventies/early eighties may be the first generation of fans, but Star Wars is pretty ubiquitous. A lot of kids have grown up on Star Wars since then.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:49 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Don't shortchange the fantom of Star Wars. Kids who grew up in the late seventies/early eighties may be the first generation of fans, but Star Wars is pretty ubiquitous. A lot of kids have grown up on Star Wars since then.

Bigger point is why didn't he sign publicly at celebration last month for actual fan base vs in private, no send ins and addressing people with pricing for personalization which actually lowers resale value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2017, 01:39 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Bigger point is why didn't he sign publicly at celebration last month for actual fan base vs in private, no send ins and addressing people with pricing for personalization which actually lowers resale value.

That's an easy one.

$$$$$
rudzud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:37 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post

I don't really see what this comment has to do with my post that you quoted.

However, it's his signature and he can do what he wants with it. I can't even imagine what he is paying for insurance on his plane. He's not exactly getting the safe driver discount.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:57 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I can't even imagine what he is paying for insurance on his plane. He's not exactly getting the safe driver discount.
"Yeah, but who's gonna fly her, kid? You?"
aces is offline   Reply With Quote