Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Magic the Gathering Mailday and pick-ups

Well took the plunge (as an investment) and purchased a BETA pack...working on getting a ALPHA Starter pack (sealed).

Opened some packs at the lcs on the recommendation from the guy who works at the lcs...he told me these were the good cards. He suggested the packs and so I bought 2 packs of the ones he recommended. I have no idea what I pulled...but they seem to get some good change on ebay!

Old 02-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Pretty nice stuff. I actually could use those greens for my old green/white deck. lol. They're finally having vintage tourneys at my LCS.

HOF Auto needs (277/287): www.freewebs.com/wju2004
wju2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

I got into Magic back around Antiquities. I have looked and looked for my old cards. I had a Mox and a Lotus at 1 point. I never even thought about collecting these, just playing.

RIP PAPAJIM
keggobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keggobelly View Post
I got into Magic back around Antiquities. I have looked and looked for my old cards. I had a Mox and a Lotus at 1 point. I never even thought about collecting these, just playing.
Good lord! I would kill for those! Or even borrow...just to see the looks on their faces at the vintage tourney...even if they aren't really insanely powerful, but would still be fun. lol

I was sad when I thought I lost my 4 savannahs...can only imagine how nuts that is driving you.

HOF Auto needs (277/287): www.freewebs.com/wju2004
wju2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Gaea's Cradle is indeed an insane card. Tarmogoyf is insane as well. I believe has has already peeked a few months ago and was about to be taken out of legality for some tournament options but I could be wrong. Great cards. I had actually pulled a foil Persecutor out of a lone pack when that set first came out. Sold it on eBay for around $35 I believe.

The thing about Gaea's Cradle is that green is good for cheap 1 drop creatures, esp elves. So when you tap that sucker it will produce alot of land for you to play something huge. Such as Avenger of Zendikar for example! Those two cards together is just mind-blowing.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
Well took the plunge (as an investment) and purchased a BETA pack...working on getting a ALPHA Starter pack (sealed).

Opened some packs at the lcs on the recommendation from the guy who works at the lcs...he told me these were the good cards. He suggested the packs and so I bought 2 packs of the ones he recommended. I have no idea what I pulled...but they seem to get some good change on ebay!

Gaea's Cradle is loved by casual players, but doesnt see much tournament play.

Stroke of Genius was a win condition for decks that were able to create "infinite" mana and could therefore force your opponent to draw all their cards and thus lose to not being able to draw a card. It was also really good at refilling your own hand after playing a bunch of stuff.

Abyssal Persecutor never really found a deck, but people are still trying. And because it is a Mythic Rare its 3 times scarcer than a normal rare and thus worth something.

Avenger of Zendikon is a backbone card of one of the best decks in Standard and Extended formats currently. If you are selling that is the one to sell now, cause i doubt its going to stay at its current price much longer.

Tarmogoyf is quite possibly the best creature in the history of M:tG. At one point when it was still legal in the Standard (or Type 2) format it got ridiculously close to being a $100 card. It has cooled off considerably since then, but it still sees play in every format it is legal in and is still quite expensive.

All in all a good day at the store.
rodfan316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

Magic is one of my all-time favorite players, from Michigan State to the Laker years. Awesome!
Philippians 4:13
http://s1001.photobucket.com/home/shawnholmes2003/allalbums
mavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

not a bad day at all for you.

the Cradle goes for about $30-$40, Persecutor and Stroke probably around $10 each, Avenger i'm not sure but played heavily in the current standard format, and Tarmogoyf is around $60ish.

if i didn't have my sets of these already...i'd wanna pick them up off you! haha

MY BUCKET: http://s940.photobucket.com/albums/ad244/tyewreeek13/
tYEwREEEk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Still can't believe when Goyf was a 100 dollar card. I was buying Future Sight packs and praying... those prayers were never answered.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:48 AM   #10 (permalink)

lol dude...i have a set of goyfs now...wish i had sold them back when there were at $100..but at least they're holding at $60 and they're in demand. i'll probably be selling my set off soon....

MY BUCKET: http://s940.photobucket.com/albums/ad244/tyewreeek13/
tYEwREEEk13 is offline   Reply With Quote