Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 11:54 PM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to AceGambit3 Send a message via MSN to AceGambit3

let's get back on topic people.

All the heavy hitters Razor will get for this release will be signing stickers to be put on the cards according to their site. One of a few reason razor gave was "Britney Spears made 50 million last year so to even be able to get her to sign is lucky". I'm like what the hell does how much she made last year matter if she signs a bloody card or not???
Apparently though a few of the actors and actresses signing stickers will be signing enough autos to be placed in multiple products over the next year.

While I will probably still pick up a Beckinsale, I'm not too down with the sticker auto as most look quite cheesy and not good for displaying.
Hell my entire main collection is all on card.

Personally I think if Downey Jr., Jackman, JLH, Ryan Reynolds, Jolie, Depp, and countless others can sign a card, so can the rest of the celebrities.
AceGambit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:10 AM   #27 (permalink)

I'm getting really sick of the sticker autos. It just looks bad and takes away a lot of the effect to me.
derium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #28 (permalink)

I definitely prefer to have the 'cuts' over the stickers (as long as the signature aren't cut off), the stickers are better than nothing. . . I do wish they'd make the stickers larger.

I think the statement about how much money Spears made is meant to point out that she, in now way what-so-ever needs to sign these cards . . . and with stickers you can 'strike while the iron is hot,' so to speak. . . You can Fed Ex stickers for her to sign the day she agrees. . . if you have to print cards it could take weeks to get the cards into her hands to sign and she may have lost interest.

Jon
webjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webjon View Post
I think the statement about how much money Spears made is meant to point out that she, in now way what-so-ever needs to sign these cards . . . and with stickers you can 'strike while the iron is hot,' so to speak. . . You can Fed Ex stickers for her to sign the day she agrees. . . if you have to print cards it could take weeks to get the cards into her hands to sign and she may have lost interest.

Jon
Odds are she won't even know she's going to be signing anything until someone in her posse plops the cards/stickers in front of her to sign. "Here, Brit, we need you to sign 50 of these." If that's the case, these could totally be on-card. Heck, she'd probably have more fun signing cards than stickers anyway since they obviously look cooler.

I seriously doubt someone had to ask Britney if she wanted to sign these. When your agent tells you to sign something, you do it.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #30 (permalink)

Not to go off topic again but let's not forget the chase as well. He is great in that movie... Was one of my favorites growing up
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:14 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Transformers won academy awards. Transformers 2 earned several hundred millions of dollars. Winning awards and making money are not necessarily a sign of quality.

That being said, I need to watch The Arrival again. I love that movie!
Whoa, you didn't like Transformers 1 and 2? Well, to each is own. I liked them both. Just the sound of transformation of robots makes me .
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #32 (permalink)

I would rather have sticker autos with some big names then on card with no names. On card autos are always going to be better, but at least they have some big name people signing. I have really enjoyed all the non sport products from all the companies. To me an autograph is an autograph. Whether it is on a sticker or card. People complain about redemptions so the companies do stickers because they can actually get those in on time. Then people complain about the sticker autos. I am just happy that the companies are actually making these products. It's very rare they everyone is going to like the design of a card and a product. Everybody has different opinions. I want to know the big time people are going to be in the product. Design means nothing if they don't have the big signers!
Lockdown32 is offline   Reply With Quote