Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 10:57 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks129 View Post
The Sketch card was missing but they were nice enough to send one out and let me pick which one I wanted (I picked Edward "Babe" Heffron, he was in 7-8 of the HBO Band of Brothers episodes.) Will post sketch once I receive.
Awesome. I look forward to seeing the sketch. For once, I don't have to do research on the person depicted. "Just watch the mini-series".

Quote:
The autographs are nice but again the cards are a little scuffed on the edges, is this normal?
It is 'normal'. Consider that most of these gentlemen are/were in their 80's and 90's when they signed these. Personally, I don't think the condition of the cards is bad at all.

Quote:
Also I did not win the instant win cards, has anyone actually won anything or is this a scam of some kind?
It's definitely not a scam since there have been winners. There are supposedly 100 bits and pieces of memorabilia total to give out. Still, in my opinion, the odds seem TOO tough. For reference, I have redeemed at least 24 of these cards (I lost count) and no dice. On a side note, what do your instant win card codes start with? I have USA, VET, and LWF.

Quote:
Basically I hope the sketch makes up for the shortcomings and I might be willing to sell some of the auto's if anyone is interested.
You should get some offers here

Last edited by Nicnac; 07-31-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Awesome. I look forward to seeing the sketch. For once, I don't have to do research on the person depicted. "Just watch the mini-series".

It is 'normal'. Consider that most of these gentlemen are/were in their 80's and 90's when they signed these. Personally, I don't think the condition of the cards is bad at all.

It's definitely not a scam since there have been winners. There are supposedly 100 bits and pieces of memorabilia total to give out. Still, in my opinion, the odds seem TOO tough. For reference, I have redeemed at least 24 of these cards (I lost count) and no dice. On a side note, what do your instant win card codes start with? I have USA, VET, and LWF.

You should get some offers here
Thanks Nicnac

How much are the sketches going for? not that I would want to sell right away just curious
aks129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks Nicnac

How much are the sketches going for? not that I would want to sell right away just curious
I have 6 of the sketches for which I paid between $50 and 80 each. I may have got 2 of them in a lot with autos. Pricing depends on timing, demand, and the specific sketch but, unfortunatelyl, this is a niche product with a limited market.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #54 (permalink)

here's the promised Babe Heffron sketch!

Old 08-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
here's the promised Babe Heffron sketch!
Nice, I like it

Not to pester you, but did you have a chance to look at the instant win cards for the beginning letter? I am trading them for different win cards, or promos, or other cards of trivial value.

Last edited by Nicnac; 08-24-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #56 (permalink)

they would be K & U.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #57 (permalink)

I'm looking for the Buck Taylor auto card.
I hope someone can help me.
Storm65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm65 View Post
I'm looking for the Buck Taylor auto card.
I hope someone can help me.
The Amos Taylor autos are just not showing up on the market. The only way people are getting theirs are out of the Ultimate Editions.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #59 (permalink)

I've been asked to create 20 fully painted chase cards for the re-release of the Band of Brothers set. Completely painted in acrylic, there will be a few scenes, a few objects, and a few people. Below is one sample of what I'll be painting - the cards will be a bit brighter in hand, as acrylics can be tricky to scan. I hope you will like them...!

jedipencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedipencil View Post
I've been asked to create 20 fully painted chase cards for the re-release of the Band of Brothers set. Completely painted in acrylic, there will be a few scenes, a few objects, and a few people. Below is one sample of what I'll be painting - the cards will be a bit brighter in hand, as acrylics can be tricky to scan. I hope you will like them...!

Very nice, Ingrid! I like that these are getting away from the portraits and covering other aspects of the war.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #61 (permalink)

whoah...nice!!!
I bought the collectors binder/set..and put it away for any future children I may accidentally have.
WhacksPacks is offline   Reply With Quote