Blowout Cards Forums
Shop OneStopFanShop.com Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Some Limited Panin Non-Sport+ Stuff! Very Cool!

Hi All!

Up to this point, my non-sport collection has been limited to those topps, upper deck, etc., releases including cool sketch and/or autograph cards. This is my first direct break experience with non-sport end autos/memos, with the sole exception of the old Skybox TOS1/TOS2/TOS3 boxes -- have that full master set ().

That said, a summary of the cards, first, then the scans: upper left - to - bottom right:

(A) #'d 09/25 - Casting Call, Welcome Back Kotter -- 2011 Panini Americana. Saw one close on ebay for around $50. Probably a keeper for me at that price though, as I was a fan!

(B) #'d 37/38 - Peter Tork Buyback -- 2011 Panini Americana -- this is the more desired pose of the buybacks; however, saw one close for less that $20.00 -- even though it's "on card" -- so at that, it's most certainly a keeper.

(C) #'d 3/3 - Shooter Hunt Auto-- 2008 Donruss Playoff Baseball (okay, not non-sport -- but I'm exhausted, and didn't want to make a seperate post for this one). No idea who he is. Saw some stuff of his from the set between $20 and $50, but no clue whatsoever on it.

(D) #'d 1/5 - Bob Eubanks Auto -- 2007 Donruss Americana (he's one of the most successful game show hosts in history -- The Newlywed Game ). Haven't seen any other examples of his auto and would be interested in any info.

(E) #'d 6/10 - Steve McQueen -- Hollywood Icons / Donruss Celebrity Cuts - Americana. Perhaps my favorite of the bunch, as I haven't been able to find another single example anywhere. While it's only a limited parallel, and won't bring anywhere near the price of the cut auto. It's still freaking COOOL!

All thoughts / valuations / suggestions are appreciated. I figure at least 1 of these cards is worth some money, with the Cam Newton a decent card to hold-on to and "see" what he does!

Now, the SCANS!

Attached Thumbnails
Some Limited Panin Non-Sport+ Stuff!  Very Cool!-panini-non-sport.jpg  
Old 08-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Some help here -- pretty please?

I've done all the research I possibly can, so any advice/values would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
ES
Old 08-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Again -- some help -- please : I just need some guidance -- really don't care somuch on the values...... just want to know what these are.

Thanks again alll!

Elmer
Old 08-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to HitDog44

Some of these estimates may be way off and are just my guesses based on what I've sold or seen sold on ebay:

(A) I would say the WBK triple auto is around $40-50 since all 3-cast members go individually between $10-20.

(B) Peter Tork has a few different non-sport released autos, here is one that is the closest to yours that ended at $26:

2011 Americana Peter Tork On-Card Auto Monkees #/38 | eBay

(C) Shooter Hunt's Prime Cut base autos go unsold under $10, so even with yours being shortprinted #3/3, I don't see this auto exceeding $50 unless someone is PC'ing him.

(D) I had a Bob Eubanks base autograph that I sold for $25 about a year ago. #'d out of 5, you may get a premium but for non-sport cards that premium may be minimal x1.5 or x2?

(E) I couldn't find any active or completed auctions on the McQueen #'d out of 10 so I have no idea about that one. My wild guess would be around $25-35.

Non-sport cards can have a pretty wide range since the consumer base seems more narrow and sometimes there are only a handful of interested bidders that may or may not have seen any particular auction. My suggestion would be to list anything you want to sell with high Buy it Now or Best Offer and see what offers come in or just tee it up as a regular auction at a $9.99 starting price and let the bidders determine the value. I hope this helps. (Note: Master set of Star Trek TOS is a goldmine as you probably know, great accomplishment!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaslo View Post
Hi All!

Up to this point, my non-sport collection has been limited to those topps, upper deck, etc., releases including cool sketch and/or autograph cards. This is my first direct break experience with non-sport end autos/memos, with the sole exception of the old Skybox TOS1/TOS2/TOS3 boxes -- have that full master set ().

That said, a summary of the cards, first, then the scans: upper left - to - bottom right:

(A) #'d 09/25 - Casting Call, Welcome Back Kotter -- 2011 Panini Americana. Saw one close on ebay for around $50. Probably a keeper for me at that price though, as I was a fan!

(B) #'d 37/38 - Peter Tork Buyback -- 2011 Panini Americana -- this is the more desired pose of the buybacks; however, saw one close for less that $20.00 -- even though it's "on card" -- so at that, it's most certainly a keeper.

(C) #'d 3/3 - Shooter Hunt Auto-- 2008 Donruss Playoff Baseball (okay, not non-sport -- but I'm exhausted, and didn't want to make a seperate post for this one). No idea who he is. Saw some stuff of his from the set between $20 and $50, but no clue whatsoever on it.

(D) #'d 1/5 - Bob Eubanks Auto -- 2007 Donruss Americana (he's one of the most successful game show hosts in history -- The Newlywed Game ). Haven't seen any other examples of his auto and would be interested in any info.

(E) #'d 6/10 - Steve McQueen -- Hollywood Icons / Donruss Celebrity Cuts - Americana. Perhaps my favorite of the bunch, as I haven't been able to find another single example anywhere. While it's only a limited parallel, and won't bring anywhere near the price of the cut auto. It's still freaking COOOL!

All thoughts / valuations / suggestions are appreciated. I figure at least 1 of these cards is worth some money, with the Cam Newton a decent card to hold-on to and "see" what he does!

Now, the SCANS!

Last edited by HitDog44; 08-28-2011 at 11:33 AM.
HitDog44 is offline   Reply With Quote