Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

View Poll Results: What would you pay for that cut?
$0-499 15 15.96%
$500-999 14 14.89%
$1000-1499 12 12.77%
$1500-1999 9 9.57%
$2000-2499 13 13.83%
$2500-2999 5 5.32%
$3000-3499 4 4.26%
$3500-3999 2 2.13%
$4000 and more 20 21.28%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 08:47 PM   #26 (permalink)

While I would not question your love or knowledge of signed documents, you really need to understand that the card market is vastly different in terms of value. As a card dealer, I would gladly pay $1500 knowing that I could sell the card (in due time) for $2000-$2500. If the economic times were as they were a few years back, it would easily be a $5k card.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:46 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by generallou View Post
By what they signed in the cuts looks like a george harrison photo from one of his albums, lennon sig in the beatle days was different, and most people who are beatle collectors what the early stuff, you can find signature studies of the beatles if you search. Most autos of them out there today are fakes, and many from the beatle era are from their friend Aspinal who would sign cards photos and albums for them( and he was good but you can tell if you know what to look for). Not knocking your card its just not a 5000 dollar card like some think for that much money if you know where to look you could find a real nice signed item. And Psa is NOT the great authenticator people think they are mistakes are being found by the hundreds that they said were okay, Charlton Heston, Jimmy Stewart, Jerry Lewis to name a few an internet search will show that, When it comes to beatle autos Frank Caiazzo is the Number 1 Authority on Beatles Handwriting in the World!
Oh, c`mon stop with Frank Caiazzo! I tried to contact him douzens of times and I NEVER got any reply. I know he is a big name for those auction houses he works with, but I mean, if I cannot get him on the line for weeks, I think I can forget about Heston, Stewart or Lewis.
They are self-named pros who got some reputations over the time and I would never doubt about their work, but...

...you cannot really tell us PSA/DNA got hundreds of trust-issues over the last time without naming even some them. I personally NEVER read or heard about them and when it comes to autograph authentication of cards in general, PSA/DNA would be my first choice because it is still a Trading Card, not any autographed item - like Igman said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
While I would not question your love or knowledge of signed documents, you really need to understand that the card market is vastly different in terms of value. As a card dealer, I would gladly pay $1500 knowing that I could sell the card (in due time) for $2000-$2500. If the economic times were as they were a few years back, it would easily be a $5k card.
You definitely have to consider the fact, that it is a Trading Card. I have never claimed it would be a $5K card now, but I know for sure it is - by far - not a $1K or $1,5K card to sell on the secondary market either, even now - , but you said nothing other than that.
Maybe I should have build the poll in a different way?!

At the end, I think you can argue about the value of the card for hours, days and weeks, just observing the spread between an estimation of $0-499 and $4000 and more, like Res215dg said.
We would only get the real value of the card, if I put it on ebay for worldwide shipping and let offers come in - but I think I got a first idea of what it might bring in and this is all I wanted to have.
So thanks a lot for all of your votes and impressions!

Last edited by baskettrader; 09-23-2011 at 05:07 AM.
baskettrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:29 AM   #28 (permalink)

We would only get the real value of the card, if I put it on ebay for worldwide shipping and let offers come in

Silliest thing posted this week.
you will get a potential value, but hardly the real value.
Unless by some unknown process of world-wide telepathy in which you could notify the entire planet it is up,there is no way you can get "the" price.

You can't tell me you did not research this enough to know Lennon on a scrap of napkin sells for 2200-2900 and Harrison sells for 1800-2100

I think your short coming is thinking like an American.
Try to think like someone from the UK. If that's not enough of a hint then there's no help for you

I CLEAR SCAN...not some dingy looking Polaroid and 3 shop names in the UK and you can make a quick 3k.

Good luck
And with anything
Seeking advice from the peanut gallery...well,myself included, you get what you asked for. Random scraps of crap from random "who are you?" people
Old 09-30-2011, 09:17 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
We would only get the real value of the card, if I put it on ebay for worldwide shipping and let offers come in

Silliest thing posted this week.
you will get a potential value, but hardly the real value.
Unless by some unknown process of world-wide telepathy in which you could notify the entire planet it is up,there is no way you can get "the" price.

You can't tell me you did not research this enough to know Lennon on a scrap of napkin sells for 2200-2900 and Harrison sells for 1800-2100

I think your short coming is thinking like an American.
Try to think like someone from the UK. If that's not enough of a hint then there's no help for you

I CLEAR SCAN...not some dingy looking Polaroid and 3 shop names in the UK and you can make a quick 3k.

Good luck
And with anything
Seeking advice from the peanut gallery...well,myself included, you get what you asked for. Random scraps of crap from random "who are you?" people
First of all, sorry for the bad night you obviously had. I do not know what is going on with you to react like a four-year old baby who had no sleep and now has his aggression not under control. I actually do not know if you were serious with that kind of expression, but if you were.....there`s absolutly no help for YOU.
Oh..and September 23 was last week. So maybe it was the silliest thing posted last week. But if you had no sleep, it can happen sometimes. No problem for that mistake.

This being said, let us be factual from now on, so I can deal with you fairly and friendly. If not, please do not pollute my thread with your needles aggression anymore. Thanks!

If I put it on ebay, give it to an auction house or to a museum or whatever, yes, I would get the highest price somebody would pay now. So yes, it would be the real price of the card for the moment, the auction ends.
Again and again, nobody knows the real price of this "1/1". I cannot see any ended auctions of a card called "2009 UD Prominent Cuts Lennon/Harrison Dual Cut" and pull the average price or whatever. How shall I - can you? I bet you cannot.
You took "the price" in quotes for a reason, did you? You did it because there is no "the" price. But this is what I wrote from line 1 in post 1 on site 1 of this thread and I think I repeated it several times within this thread. You should have read that before.

Of course I took a research, I got in touch with Beckett, auction houses and other institutions etc. Every single person of them gives you an other value. Just like here in this thread. It is just like it is.

And again, this card is not for sale at the moment, so I do not have to make a better picture now. Of course there will be a scan or a high quality photo, a zoom option etc. if it is for sale sometime.

But thanks for your (hopefully) well-intentioned opinion and your wishes!

Last edited by baskettrader; 09-30-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #30 (permalink)

I am sorry,sometimes I forget to add smiley faces. Being blunt is my nature, no bad night nothing,just me being straight forward.

Yes, it was the silliest thing asked, it always is. You, some other random person who stops in fishing for advice, doesn't actually contribute to the community but is fishing for data. That's not me being mean or ugly, it is me being forward and honest.
Did not realize using intelligence to rebut previous remarks made me an angry person..watch for it...here it comes... TADA !! Smiley face !

But yes, saying ebay gives you a real value is silly and fairly unintelligent.
I can take ANY A&G banner and put it on ebay and I won't get over 2k. I list it with Sotheby's or Christies and I get 5-6k. Yes, ebay is a poor medium for value on any level except maybe a random baseball players prospect card.

Again, I am taken back that you see anything i said as aggressive.
Clearly you are not familiar with aggressive and forums

I gave you enough rope to swing on and not by the neck. Without holding your hand and dropping you an email and phone number, I gave all an intelligent person...a person motivated to discover, would need to sell that card for more than 3,000.00

I guess being butthurt ( I like that phrase) and acting snide in order to placate your own self-sense of assumed personal injury taken on the forum took precedence to actually making several thousand.

Well, I hope you sold the card but I do not think you have. I reflect based on your approach, if you have, you may have gotten 1500-1800.

Have a good Christmas !
Old 10-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #31 (permalink)

Default Are you serious?

Pushing this thread after three weeks of silence for such a post is kind of weird and it speaks for itself. But nonetheless, let us see what I wrote more than three weeks ago and what you wrote in your recent post:

Quote:
But yes, saying ebay gives you a real value is silly and fairly unintelligent.
I can take ANY A&G banner and put it on ebay and I won't get over 2k. I list it with Sotheby's or Christies and I get 5-6k. Yes, ebay is a poor medium for value on any level except maybe a random baseball players prospect card.
"If I put it on ebay, give it to an auction house or to a museum or whatever, yes, I would get the highest price somebody would pay now. So yes, it would be the real price of the card for the moment, the auction ends.
Again and again, nobody knows the real price of this "1/1". I cannot see any ended auctions of a card called "2009 UD Prominent Cuts Lennon/Harrison Dual Cut" and pull the average price or whatever. How shall I - can you? I bet you cannot.
You took "the price" in quotes for a reason, did you? You did it because there is no "the" price. But this is what I wrote from line 1 in post 1 on site 1 of this thread and I think I repeated it several times within this thread. You should have read that before.

Of course I took a research, I got in touch with Beckett, auction houses and other institutions etc. Every single person of them gives you an other value. Just like here in this thread. It is just like it is." (09-30-2011)

So much to your point of intelligence and comprehensive reading! It is, of course, not all about ebay, but also about auction houses, private listings, etc. and this is what I wrote several times within this thread. I do not know why to stick with that ? Is something going on?

Quote:
You, some other random person who stops in fishing for advice
This is what a forum can/ should be used for and fullfilles the definition of a forum, does it - a place of exchanges of opinions and knowledge?

I appreciate people beeing forward and honest, but like always, it is not what you say, but how you say it. I think I mentioned that I appreciated your advices, but you said nothing really new, I did not say before at least two times and all that in a very strange way imo.

So have a nice Thanksgiving and a nice Christmas, too!

@Mods:
Like I said in post 1 and 27, I got what I wanted - a general direction from the board members - so this thread can be closed or removed. Nothing to add here. Thanks alot!

Last edited by baskettrader; 10-23-2011 at 02:28 PM.