Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2011 Donruss Limited Cuts (33 Images)

The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2011 Donruss Limited Cuts (33 Images)

December 14, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Panini America Product Development Director Ben Ecklar stopped me in the hall this morning with his iPhone in hand and let his fingers do the talking as he swiped his way to his phone’s photo inventory. He then handed the phone to me and asked if I’d be interested in using any of “those images.”

Those images, it should be noted, were taken by Ecklar on Monday and Tuesday during his trip to the printing facility to pack out and QC the heavily anticipated 2011 Donruss Prime Cuts, the cut-autograph-per-pack blockbuster that began shipping today.

It took me all of about two minutes — maybe less — to drag those images to my desktop and begin preparing the following gallery. As you’ll soon see, 2011 Donruss Prime Cuts appears to be a truly epic offering with a high ceiling and tons of handwritten history that spans the worlds of sports, entertainment, politics and pop culture.

I could go on and on about the set’s checklist or its dual- and quad-signed cornerstones, but figured it would probably be best just to let Ecklar’s images tell the story for me.

Enjoy.

The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2011 Donruss Limited Cuts (33 Images) The Official Panini America Blog
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Shame they cut that Woody Woodpecker sketch off, but there's some jaw-dropping stuff in there!!

Still, I'm cringing at the thought of what the filler stuff is for $200.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, I mean, if I had a Babe Ruth cut signature with the words "To my friend Al From Babe Ruth", I'd totally make sure I centered the words "'To my', 'Al' and 'From'". Screw that 'Babe Ruth' part. Once again, they jacked up historical signatures with pieces hacked off just to fit the design. Sad.