Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Yo Gabba Gabba! Trading card Dancey Dance!

Yo Gabba Gabba! Trading card Dancey Dance!

December 20, 2011 at 11:43 AM

By Andrew Tolentino | BSCM Editor

For those of you who just face-palmed had to Google the whimsical, nonsensical phrase “Yo Gabba Gabba,” there’s probably no need to read any further. But for parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and other individuals in the know, this Press Pass product could very well be the best kid-friendly hobby find in quite some time.

DJ Lance, Foofa, Muno, Brobee, Toodee, Plex and others from the hit Nick Jr. show are coming to cardboard in mid February with a wide array of special inserts.

If you just started singing, “There’s a party in my tummy,” read on to see what’s “so yummy, so yummy” about this set.

Click here to view the embedded video.

Based on preliminary images, Yo Gabba Gabba! packs should cost around $2 at retail, each offering pieces from the 90-card base set and beyond. Kids (and over-enthusiastic adults like myself) can expect to find one sticker in every pack while hunting down more Gabba-tastic goodness throughout.

Among the most impressive highlights are drawings from a Devo legend, dance-move motion fun, 3-D display action and 30-second audio clips guaranteed to get stuck in your head.

Mark’s Magic Pictures — cards that can be scratched off to reveal drawings by musician and artist extraordinaire Mark Mothersbaugh — are inserted one in every 12 packs.
Yo Gabba Gabba! Pop-Ups! can be punched out, displayed and found one in every eight packs.
DJ Lance in Motion cards feature the show’s host doing dance moves or making funny faces with lenticular printing technology (one in 24 packs).
The main attraction though, is an emphatically titled Blaster Box exclusive.

Music is AWESOME! audio book cards open and play 30-second clips from one of six extremely catchy Yo Gabba Gabba! songs. Granted, most of the tunes are readily available on the internet, highly collectable (arguably annoying to some) Music is AWESOME! booklets come one per box and have the potential to sell like hotcakes at retail.

It’s about time a manufacturer paid cardboard tribute to this edu-tainment phenomenon. And from the looks of it, Press Pass might just have the right formula to hold the interest of a youthful Yo Gabba Gabba! generation.
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Wow. My son turns 2 on Feb. 22nd. He will love theise! Looks like we are going to get our dancey dance on!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

My kids love that show. After lunch, they all yell, "Gabba Gabba" until I turn it on for them.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

My kids (2 & 4) are afraid of this show! They make me immediately change the channel if I am flipping thru and they see this on TV