Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86
Default Anybody busting American Idol?

I have not watched much of the show this year but am very intrigued by Upper Deck taking over the product. There are 2 Autos per box plus some other SP cards and I am curious how they will sell early on.
I am doing one case and hoping for the weird makeup guy. I think his Autos will sell crazy if listed early enough.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

yeah, I bought some a while ago. I think this will be a sleeper rip and flip. Very staggering hits in this product. There are a few on the bay right now, one auto of that Kris guy is up to about $59 already. Adam Lambert is the flaming makeup dude you're thinking of, his stuff will go through the roof.

People may not realize it, but America Idol is the #1 show in America, and even if we don't watch it, millions of people do each week who will want these autos and memorabilia cards. I think it's going to be a sleeper. Good choice to pick up a case dude! I hope you pull some great autos.. Nice thing is they've got autos from years past so you could pull a Carrie Underwood or Kellie Pickler which will sell well too.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Even though millions watch the show I wonder if any of them buy cards? Looking at past Idol releases the Carrie Underwood autograph can be had for just $80 (when they go auction style) and those are nice clean on card autos.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incarnadine View Post
Even though millions watch the show I wonder if any of them buy cards? Looking at past Idol releases the Carrie Underwood autograph can be had for just $80 (when they go auction style) and those are nice clean on card autos.
I was looking at cards like the Jennifer Hudson Auto and was amazed how cheap they sell. The only thing I can think of with this product is that it is HOT when the current crop is on TV and then it may cool off. I think it is a rip and flip and not a product to sit on.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

are the autos in this release on card or stickers?
Old 04-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan86 View Post
I was looking at cards like the Jennifer Hudson Auto and was amazed how cheap they sell. The only thing I can think of with this product is that it is HOT when the current crop is on TV and then it may cool off. I think it is a rip and flip and not a product to sit on.
I think there are a ton of them. Carrie Underwood is still 'hot' but her cards don't seem to suggest like she signed 50 or 100. Prices seem to suggest she signed 350. I think the problem is the trading cards come out before the winner is decided and they don't know how to stagger the amounts of chases so that winner has the lowest number, runner up has the second lowest etc.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
I think there are a ton of them. Carrie Underwood is still 'hot' but her cards don't seem to suggest like she signed 50 or 100. Prices seem to suggest she signed 350. I think the problem is the trading cards come out before the winner is decided and they don't know how to stagger the amounts of chases so that winner has the lowest number, runner up has the second lowest etc.

I think there are likely up to 500 of them. There are at least 2 versions, the regular version and a version that is serial numbered /100 (one of those sold recently).

Opps, just spotted another Underwood version serial numbered /25. Personally I've never been a fan of several versions of a card that are identical in every way except for the serial number.

Last edited by Incarnadine; 04-21-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan86 View Post
The only thing I can think of with this product is that it is HOT when the current crop is on TV and then it may cool off.
Exactly, this is not a long term investment product. If you're not a fan, rip it and flip it in the next 3-4 weeks before the show ends.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

Busted my case yesterday and thought I did well but early prices do not reflect that. I pulled 1 Adam Lambert,2 Allison Ireheta,1 Matt Giraud,1 Michael Johns. Those are the big Autos but only the Adam Lambert seems to be selling well and it is not as high as I thought it would be out of the gate.
As usual there are a bunch of tools on ebay listing autos with BIN's for less than $10 2 days after the release and before most of the cards have even had a chance to set a price. Pisses me off every time.
All are listed on Ebay and end in a few hours.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Are all Top 12....13 this season....have an Auto in this product???? I actually just picked up a few boxes of Season 4 cheap on ebay...hopefully I can pulled a Underwood Auto.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #11 (permalink)

I just bought a few packs of these at Target today... didn't like them much though. I guess to each their own..
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

I pulled an Allison which I sold for $54, and an Anoop which went for $12.. I hope Allison wins though, that Adam kid can sing but he's really very one dimensional, and that dimension is CHEESE. he's so Vegas-Showy, wink at the crowd cheesy. Not that I watch the show.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #13 (permalink)

I busted 3 boxes thus far, the autos blew...Stevie Wright (shes hot but illegal lol), Jorge Nunez, Alex Trugman and Nick Mitchell ...I got shorted 2 autos but I could care less really...I have found that selling lots of Underwood, Clarkson, Cook and Archuleta net some nice change...sold a 11 card Underwood lot for $30, Cook lot for $21 and Archuleta lot for $15....I also saw that the Clay Aiken RC's are going for an insane amount...netting anywhere from $15-$50 a piece!

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts_cardz View Post
I busted 3 boxes thus far, the autos blew...Stevie Wright (shes hot but illegal lol), Jorge Nunez, Alex Trugman and Nick Mitchell ...I got shorted 2 autos but I could care less really...I have found that selling lots of Underwood, Clarkson, Cook and Archuleta net some nice change...sold a 11 card Underwood lot for $30, Cook lot for $21 and Archuleta lot for $15....I also saw that the Clay Aiken RC's are going for an insane amount...netting anywhere from $15-$50 a piece!
I am pissed that I got my case early for once. This product is unlike most as the cards are selling for higher prices now then when they came out. My Lambert Auto sold for $101 and now they are going $150+.
I hear you on the base cards. They are so plentiful but people are just nieve I guess. I listed lots from my case and hope to get a nice chunk of $$ for them. The prices can't last forever. Pretty soon people will realize you average 1.5 of each base card per box so they are far from being RARE.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:11 AM   #15 (permalink)

exactly...I have a McPhee and Clarkson lot up now and listed 1 of my 6 clay aiken rc's lol...I also put a lot of 7 no-name motion cards up and its already pushing $8!...I ordered 2 more boxes today for tomorrow, I figure at $45 a pop with an AVERAGE of 2 autos a box plus putting lots together, it could be a good rip for the next few weeks

Photobucket:
Old 04-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #16 (permalink)

also have you seen any of the auto memorabilia cards yet? I havent seen any...I also heard before release that Simon has an auto, but have yet to see one also...plus they cut him out of all of the base cards urgh!

Photobucket:
Old 04-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #17 (permalink)

Must be the same hype and teen crowd that drove Twilight cards to insane levels (no autos and just 1 costume card per box and boxes are pushing $300, almost any similar product boxes would be $25 or less). Personally I find the Idol cards uninspired, the only card I might get would be an Alexis Grace auto, at least she has some character and personality.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

she had personality? your kidding me...we must not be thinking of the same person

Photobucket:
Old 04-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
she had personality? your kidding me...we must not be thinking of the same person
I have not watched much of it this year but it looks like that Casey Carlson girl has the best looking PERSONALITY to me
Old 04-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

Well, to be fair I never catch more than 2 or 3 minutes of Idol, and I only catch that much because it runs 2 or 3 minutes long and is still on when I switch the channel to watch Fringe. Maybe I should just say Alexis is cuter than the others.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:32 PM   #21 (permalink)

eww Alexis is nasty lol plus her personality was worse than Paris Hilton's haha....now if you want to talk about sexy, how about that Megan Joy? kinda coocoo, but I can let that slide and definitely Carly Smithson from last seasons Idol...HOTT!

Photobucket:
Old 04-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

you guys should all have your mancards revoked.

CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #23 (permalink)

LOL! I heard Carly Smithson worked at a coffee shop in San Diego...can you get me her auto Captain

Photobucket:
Old 04-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #24 (permalink)

Megan Joy was well.... YUMMY
Titans_Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
LOL! I heard Carly Smithson worked at a coffee shop in San Diego...can you get me her auto Captain
san diego huh? you can have your mancard back for that little nugget of information.

everyone else.......REVOKED!
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote