Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt View Post
Yea. I'm giving up. I opened the last two boxes I'll buy earlier today. My worst pulls yet. They're too expensive to keep trying. I'm an E-3 in the military. I don't make enough to keep breaking boxes like I've been. Just gonna hold off an wait for a case of S2. Best of luck to you though!!!

My collection isn't a 'master' I just have all base / chase / wardrobes except Shane's tee an loris white tank / one of each auto except Merle's. Which I received a pm about tonight I'll be replying too tomorrow. Loris tank too expensive. An Shane's tee I'm indifferent on as I want the auto cards I have to match the wardrobe cards I have. If that makes sense?
The Lori Tank #2 is a Major Shortprint. I didn't get one out of my case but bit the bullet and paid $40 for it right after the set released.

In hindsight, it was a good move. Usually when I pay for things quickly, they drop in price. This seems to be the exception. I also picked up the 2 Reedus Autos for around $50 each. Even got one that has his "full Auto".
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:35 AM   #27 (permalink)

Loris short print, Amy's with stars, and Daryl's wardrobes have been the most expensive I've seen. Ricks first kill is pricey too. I saw a glen wardrobe variant for 80 or so. It's amazing. Too pricey for me. Lucky whoever is selling it

I wanna message the dbag on eBay who has over 10 of each walker, a bunch of dales an loris rgular swatch listed at 50 apiece an tell him to come down. The seller will have those forever. Or until the market sky rockets on these. If that happens. I foresee S2 getting more attention from non-collectors causing S1 to re-sell at great prices.

Last edited by projekt; 03-04-2012 at 01:40 AM.
projekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Yea. I'm giving up. I opened the last two boxes I'll buy earlier today. My worst pulls yet. They're too expensive to keep trying. I'm an E-3 in the military. I don't make enough to keep breaking boxes like I've been. Just gonna hold off an wait for a case of S2. Best of luck to you though!!!

My collection isn't a 'master' I just have all base / chase / wardrobes except Shane's tee an loris white tank / one of each auto except Merle's. Which I received a pm about tonight I'll be replying too tomorrow. Loris tank too expensive. An Shane's tee I'm indifferent on as I want the auto cards I have to match the wardrobe cards I have. If that makes sense?
I still need the Lori tank a few of the autos...slowly making my way to the master set (minus the full badge relics). E-3...PFC ehh? I got out when I was a E-4 promotable but didn't want to go to NCO school plus I didn't want to re-enlist. Oh well...best of luck to you and keep up the good work serving our country!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:37 AM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Loris short print, Amy's with stars, and Daryl's wardrobes have been the most expensive I've seen. Ricks first kill is pricey too. I saw a glen wardrobe variant for 80 or so. It's amazing. Too pricey for me. Lucky whoever is selling it
Yeah, the Glen is mine. Here are my Reedus Autos, I haven't seen another one with the full auto.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:40 AM   #30 (permalink)

Not really TWD related but when I met Reedus last year I didn't have anything TWD for him to sign so I had to buy a Boondock Saints print for him and Flanery to sign

Old 03-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

I would love to have that, John.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
I still need the Lori tank a few of the autos...slowly making my way to the master set (minus the full badge relics). E-3...PFC ehh? I got out when I was a E-4 promotable but didn't want to go to NCO school plus I didn't want to re-enlist. Oh well...best of luck to you and keep up the good work serving our country!
I'm Air Force. So airman first class. An I'll be getting out after this enlistment. I'm a pass on NCO route to lol ha ha. And thank you for your service sir!!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:45 AM   #33 (permalink)

I know glens variant is yours thus the nice autos I haven't seen a fat sharpie sig yet. Or haven't been looking hard enough

An nice poster my man!!!!! Is flannery chubby or muscular. He got bigger between 1 an 2. Hard to tell what's the cause from the film.

Last edited by projekt; 03-04-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:48 AM   #34 (permalink)

From what I could tell he seemed in shape. Reedus actually had a weak hand shake while Flanery had a good strong hand shake, lol...it's sad that I remember that.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #35 (permalink)

Ha ha ha ha lol don't know why that made me laugh so hard!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
My collection isn't a 'master' I just have all base / chase / wardrobes except Shane's tee an loris white tank
Those were the two costume cards I pulled from my box.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Can we call it a "Master" if you don't have the Patch?
Old 03-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Thought Kirkman wasn't writing for the tv series anymore.

They have a Nicotero zombie costume card in S1.

It sucks that Jon Bernthal won't be in S3 but glad they are keeping some what in line with the comic series.
Come on dude...I've been trying to avoid the obvious spoiler that's been online about a major characters death and I NEVER expected it to be posted here. *sigh* Not cool at all......
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Can we call it a "Master" if you don't have the Patch?
I would say yes. But I'm new. Seeing as there is only 20 redemption that means that only one person would have a master. And that's if they pulled / bought a partial an both full. Whic would be over 10k for 3 cards if the rumors of Shane's selling or 5k are true.

Regarding people complaining about the spoiler. As he mentioned in his reply. A death isn't confirmed. He just won't be in season 3. Could be a situation like Merle.

Last edited by projekt; 03-04-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
I would say yes. But I'm new. Seeing as there is only 20 redemption that means that only one person would have a master. And that's if they pulled / bought a partial an both full. Whic would be over 10k for 3 cards if the rumors of Shane's selling or 5k are true.

Regarding people complaining about the spoiler. As he mentioned in his reply. A death isn't confirmed. He just won't be in season 3. Could be a situation like Merle.
Yeah, but a major death was spoiled through AMC's website not too long ago, but luckily I didn't catch glimpse of it. I'm only assuming he knows because of the "keeping in line with the comics" line...Now, I've never followed the comics but I know that Shane dies, so taking that into consideration AND the fact that many Walking Dead fans out there were spoiled...it certainly has ruined the surprise for me because I never would have expected it.

I'm pretty sure that's what happens now but if I'm wrong, which I hope I am, then AWESOME because I HATE being spoiled. That's all.
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #41 (permalink)

The spiller you're referring to on AMC website simply said 'Shane's last episode' it never gave nay more info / depth uti what or how it goes down. An it's common knowledge Jon bernthal has been casted for franks la noir series. So yes. He's a main character in that show. So regardless of what kirkman or anyone else said about Jon doing both shows. Everyone knows the truth. I'm not arguing with you. As the op should've stated spoiler. Just stating everyone is over reacting. Especially the first person who called him on it. The expletives were not necessary. At all.

On a side note. All TWD show fans need to read the book. Honestly. It's insanely good. And you will appreciate both mediums of the story soooo much more. I know, reading the book since the first trade. Has caused me to like the show a lot more. I'm a zbie buff. Granted they're vastly different. Each fails / exceeds in its own way. My final verdict though. Book is greater the show.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #42 (permalink)

Do you guys who have a "master" set also have at least one sketch?
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Do you guys who have a "master" set also have at least one sketch?
Nope, I don't.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Nope, I don't.
Don't want one, didn't pull one, or just don't think they are worthwhile?
Old 03-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Don't want one, didn't pull one, or just don't think they are worthwhile?
If I had pulled a Nice Color sketch of Rick or Darryl, I would've kept it. I got a semi-color Zombie sketch and got $100 for it.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #46 (permalink)

Backing up to topic on hand. The set should probably include an Otis autograph. How about an instant win contest/redemption in it for a walk on role for season 3? (as a zombie of course)

Last edited by mmbtvs; 03-04-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #47 (permalink)

I have a sketch and it's of Lori grimes...b&w with some color. I know the artist did 10 for the show. When I opened up a case of this stuff I never got a sketch card so I contacted Cryptozoic about it and they sent me a sketch card. As far as a master...I would call it a master set if you had everything except for the full badges. I would be extremely jealous of whoever puts that "master with full badges" set together.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #48 (permalink)

SONOFABITCH...I knew it, I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread. I've maintained not reading the spoiler until right now. #@#@#@#@in A man REALLY?
evillittlejawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I have a sketch and it's of Lori grimes...b&w with some color. I know the artist did 10 for the show. When I opened up a case of this stuff I never got a sketch card so I contacted Cryptozoic about it and they sent me a sketch card. As far as a master...I would call it a master set if you had everything except for the full badges. I would be extremely jealous of whoever puts that "master with full badges" set together.
It'll never happen.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

*** SPOILER ***

After tonight's episode they HAVE to get Dale Autos into Season 2.

Last edited by The Madbacker; 03-04-2012 at 11:11 PM.