Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #51 (permalink)

Dang I didn't expect that to happen...now that doesn't follow the comic series!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #52 (permalink)

Now that Dale is dead does that mean his Wardrobe card will go up in value.

"When the Power of Love Overcomes the Love of Power the World Will Know Peace" ---- Jimi Hendrix
Wise4671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:02 AM   #53 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

I didnt even notice the spoiler until somebody mentioned it.

Worst spoiler for me was after seeing you guys say the Lori M2 is an sp I just HAD to go back and look what mine sold for $27 Also My Reedus auto sold for $55

Oh well you win some you lose some I guess, at least I still made a profit on the break and got to keep a base set.

Maybe in series 2 they could do a Talking Dead auto set.....Chris Hardwick, Dave Navarro, Kevin Smith, Scott Ian etc.
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets

Last edited by pearljam_cubbies; 03-05-2012 at 03:04 AM.
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:23 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam_cubbies View Post
I didnt even notice the spoiler until somebody mentioned it.

Worst spoiler for me was after seeing you guys say the Lori M2 is an sp I just HAD to go back and look what mine sold for $27 Also My Reedus auto sold for $55

Oh well you win some you lose some I guess, at least I still made a profit on the break and got to keep a base set.

Maybe in series 2 they could do a Talking Dead auto set.....Chris Hardwick, Dave Navarro, Kevin Smith, Scott Ian etc.

I would save the Talking dead auto's for when they start running out of people who are in the show but your post does bring up a cool idea like celeb who were zombies auto set Front of the card shows them with there Zombie make-up on along with the auto the back tells who they are ( Scott Ian woud be one, Greg Nicotero is another) Who knows all who have been put into this series.

"When the Power of Love Overcomes the Love of Power the World Will Know Peace" ---- Jimi Hendrix
Wise4671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

I just bought a Sheriff redemption for $800.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Congrats!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #57 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
Congrats!
Thanks. I hope I get part of the center of the patch.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Congrats on the master set.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #59 (permalink)

Congrats on the patch Madbacker. I saw the Talking Dead aftershow. Who knows anything about the action figures or other possible merchandising? I saw the one for Gregg Nicotero. They looked well made & done by Cryptozoic. Are they limited? Where can you get these? Wally world? Thanks.

Just did some research & answered my own question. The figures were done by McFarlane. They did a good job & until last night's Talking Dead Show, I never knew they existed.

Last edited by alpine; 03-05-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: add info.
alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #60 (permalink)

I watched some breaks of the figures on YouTube. The comic walkers are a lot cooler than the show walkers. Both ricks look off. But otherwise fine product. Series two will hVe Andrea an Shane and 2 more walkers. Comic will have governor(yay!) glen in riot gear and two walkers. I read that on a toy website. Not sure if confirmed. as far as where. Toys r us by me always has em. The cheapest I've seen was actually at a GameStop. 13 apiece. They only had show versions though
projekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #61 (permalink)

Has a Series 2 Trading Card Series been confirmed? Hopefully it has... Any insight on this, would be great!
icancu202 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
Has a Series 2 Trading Card Series been confirmed? Hopefully it has... Any insight on this, would be great!
Read the thread. I made a post regarding an email I sent to crypto regarding what to expect from S2. They couldn't tell me as they've yet to be confirmed. They said to watch the site / facebook for info. I took that as they're in the process of working on em.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #63 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt View Post
Read the thread. I made a post regarding an email I sent to crypto regarding what to expect from S2. They couldn't tell me as they've yet to be confirmed. They said to watch the site / facebook for info. I took that as they're in the process of working on em.
Cool, thanks.

Last edited by The Madbacker; 03-09-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #64 (permalink)

Right I'm just stating they haven't confirmed.

Congrats on partial by the way!!!!

Spoiler so stop reading here unless current on the show and know about AMC error a few days ago. You've been warned

Does anyone think the special feature spoiler on AMC site regarding 'Shane's last episode' was just to bait an trick is? And the acutal bonus feature is 'dales last episode?' all though the preview during talking dead shower Rick giving Carl a gun. Which could lead to issue six final page.

Last edited by projekt; 03-05-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #65 (permalink)

Check the "TO BE ANNOUNCED" section: NSU Magazine: Upcoming Releases
Old 03-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #66 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Check the "TO BE ANNOUNCED" section: NSU Magazine: Upcoming Releases
I wouldn't expect it until December of this year.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #67 (permalink)
Banned

Rick Patch has been received and is on it's way to Cryptozoic. I will post when I get it.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Rick Patch has been received and is on it's way to Cryptozoic. I will post when I get it.
Just caught up on the thread after tonight's episode, glad you finally got one. Curious to see how long it will take for them to send it to you because I sent in some stuff over a month ago and haven't had a response (not a redemption but I emailed them a month ago about a missing auto and pulled Dale patch that had what looked like a glue stain on it. DC says they received them within three days but I haven't heard anything at all. Tried calling a week or two ago but there was no easy way to get through to them. I need to try again with that lol).
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #69 (permalink)

Read through the entire thread... and this one thread convinced me to join these boards.

Hope you all are happy.

Can't wait for the Season 2 collection, have Season 1 mostly completed (except for autos). Kind of miffed though that in 3 case breaks I got 2 of the same autos (Steven Yeun A5).

Oh well.... love the comics, the show, and will pretty much buy any collectibles this property puts out.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #70 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
Just caught up on the thread after tonight's episode, glad you finally got one. Curious to see how long it will take for them to send it to you because I sent in some stuff over a month ago and haven't had a response (not a redemption but I emailed them a month ago about a missing auto and pulled Dale patch that had what looked like a glue stain on it. DC says they received them within three days but I haven't heard anything at all. Tried calling a week or two ago but there was no easy way to get through to them. I need to try again with that lol).
I was told 3-4 weeks by another collector who already redeemed one. Really hoping I get part of the center patch, with the shield but the patch is so small that every piece should have some type of unique component to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
Read through the entire thread... and this one thread convinced me to join these boards.

Hope you all are happy.

Can't wait for the Season 2 collection, have Season 1 mostly completed (except for autos). Kind of miffed though that in 3 case breaks I got 2 of the same autos (Steven Yeun A5).

Oh well.... love the comics, the show, and will pretty much buy any collectibles this property puts out.
Welcome aboard, always nice to add to our WD fan club. I think that when Season 2 comes out, we should all really stay in touch as far as helping each other complete sets. I will be doing at least a case, if not more, when S2 hits.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:38 AM   #71 (permalink)

The thing I'm worried about with the massive success of this series is Cryptozoic turning it down a notch instead of up (such as higher box price, less inserts [from what I read, a box of Big Bang will be one auto and one wardrobe], and mass production, decreasing the resale value).
Old 03-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Welcome aboard, always nice to add to our WD fan club. I think that when Season 2 comes out, we should all really stay in touch as far as helping each other complete sets. I will be doing at least a case, if not more, when S2 hits.
Thanks! I've got feelers out already to see if people still have some cards that I found in other threads. I currently have some extras that I was going to post FS but I may already have a buyer. If that falls through I'll post them up here (I'm a member of another board where I have some interest.)

Aside from that I don't know if I can go with a case for S2... I'd like to but I may just have to start off with a few boxes. I took advantage of GoHastings.com's 29% off sale on leap day and got two boxes that way... and I fear I'll never get a box that cheap ever again.

Quote:
The thing I'm worried about with the massive success of this series is Cryptozoic turning it down a notch instead of up (such as higher box price, less inserts [from what I read, a box of Big Bang will be one auto and one wardrobe], and mass production, decreasing the resale value).
I'm worried about them possibly turning it down a notch but I'm not concerned about it for the same reasons you might be.

I have heard that we won't be seeing double auto's like we did in the S1 set... and that honestly doesn't bother me. It's been a pain for me so far to track them down and I got screwed on two boxes in getting the exact same auto in both. So that much doesn't bother me at all... I would rather have less autos to have to worry about.

I do hope they make at least 18 wardrobe cards for S2 though... those have been my favorite part of the set because each one is different in its own way and I like how one person can get one with extra stitching on it and another can get blood on theirs (I have at least 3 with blood stains on them.)

I really hope the S2 line has as much creativity put into it as S1... and if they put out an annual product in correlation with the show then congratulations Cryptozoic... I'll just give them my banking information and they can send me everything they've got
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
TWD wasn't that much different...in each box it still had only one auto and two wardrobe cards. Yes you get the extra hit but cryptozoic didn't raise their prices...the secondary market demand raised those prices.

TWD and Big Bang Theory were the same price when notification was sent for orders...
Old 03-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
TWD wasn't that much different...in each box it still had only one auto and two wardrobe cards. Yes you get the extra hit but cryptozoic didn't raise their prices...the secondary market demand raised those prices.

TWD and Big Bang Theory were the same price when notification was sent for orders...
That's why I wouldn't be surprised to see a much higher release price for Season 2. They know the price rose over time as demand increased, so you have to think the price will be higher from the get go.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
That's why I wouldn't be surprised to see a much higher release price for Season 2. They know the price rose over time as demand increased, so you have to think the price will be higher from the get go.
Yes they could easily do this especially if they add more autograph signers like Andrew Lincoln. It's like playing with fire...if they raise it and make the collectors angry it could back fire on them...but as collectors we all know we'll still buy it so it's a moot point.

In all honesty if they raise the prices but add more signers then they might be justified since they had to sign/pay for more contracts...