Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
That's why I wouldn't be surprised to see a much higher release price for Season 2. They know the price rose over time as demand increased, so you have to think the price will be higher from the get go.
If that were the case Star Wars Galaxy 7 would have been $100/box right out of the gate. Just because it's popular doesn't mean the company is going to gouge you next time. They'll fall hard if they do that.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #77 (permalink)

I think there must have been a late response from hobby shops because here my stores didn't get boxes until a month ago.

I missed the launch of this series and still managed to get my hands on a few boxes at a decent price (literally all my purchases have been within the last 30 days). I don't know... perhaps I'm a bit more optimistic because I'm closer to completing my set (just really on autos now) and I'm prepared to have to pay out the nose for that stuff.

However... that was attitude from the start so I'm not exactly surprised or anything.

I would think Season 2 would have some high demand cards (especially if Demunn is involved) and that might have an effect on it but I would think the group of buyers for these is relatively specific. I guess I'm just trying to stay optimistic here.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
If that were the case Star Wars Galaxy 7 would have been $100/box right out of the gate. Just because it's popular doesn't mean the company is going to gouge you next time. They'll fall hard if they do that.
I am new to the hobby so bear with me (Walking Dead brought me in back in December) but didn't they scale back the hits from 6? Someone was saying Galaxy 6 cases were loaded with more sketches and plates than the stated average, but with 7 they spread it out a lot more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to be in on the Walking Dead Season 2 set no matter what, that was just a thought/concern of mine.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
I am new to the hobby so bear with me (Walking Dead brought me in back in December) but didn't they scale back the hits from 6? Someone was saying Galaxy 6 cases were loaded with more sketches and plates than the stated average, but with 7 they spread it out a lot more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to be in on the Walking Dead Season 2 set no matter what, that was just a thought/concern of mine.
Sort of... the thing was Galaxy 6 was so under-ordered that when it came time to fill out the packs, they ended up loaded due to the lower production. When 7 came out the production was increased, which meant more room to space out the hits, which in turn means a higher hit-to-pack ratio.

So even though G6 boxes cost $125, they originally set out at the same price G7 started at (I think, may have been a $5-$10 difference).

My point is - I don't think Cryptozoic will raise box prices based on the popularity of the last set alone. The secondary market will do that if the line is popular enough. I am guessing it will have a larger press run, though, so it won't be as limited as Season 1.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #80 (permalink)

I didn't realize Season 1 was short printed (in comparison to other lines.)

I guess I'm happy I pulled Rick and Lori's wardrobe cards (M1 & M2) from the boxes I ordered.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
I didn't realize Season 1 was short printed (in comparison to other lines.)

I guess I'm happy I pulled Rick and Lori's wardrobe cards (M1 & M2) from the boxes I ordered.
Not that it was really short printed, but the production was lower than most sets by Topps and UD.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Not that it was really short printed, but the production was lower than most sets by Topps and UD.
Understood.

I guess I am relatively new to card collecting (TWD is the first property I've collected in well over 12 years) but yeah... I would assume Cryptozoic doesn't have the kind of operation to do distribution that big.

I'm really happy I joined these boards... already have 4 autos hopefully on the way and snagged another 1 from a buddy on another board.

Went from 2 autos to potentially 8 in 2 days. I'm relatively happy about that... my bank account isn't though.

Also wrapped up the wardrobe collection, I have my last two waiting at home to open. Has anyone had luck getting all the promos? I have P2 and P4 and am looking to get P1 and P3 with the SDCC promo card in the near future.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:04 AM   #83 (permalink)

Does anybody have any extras for trade?
HakeemNicks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemNicks88 View Post
Does anybody have any extras for trade?
I have an extra Shane Wardrobe Card (The Blue Shirt one) Im looking to trade for other Wardrobe cards I need pm me if you are interested in working something out.

"When the Power of Love Overcomes the Love of Power the World Will Know Peace" ---- Jimi Hendrix
Wise4671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:38 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise4671 View Post
I have an extra Shane Wardrobe Card (The Blue Shirt one) Im looking to trade for other Wardrobe cards I need pm me if you are interested in working something out.
Sorry bud I'm just starting my set
HakeemNicks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #86 (permalink)

as far as series two go's . they will defenetly print more. that go's without saying . while the pre sale prices wont be harper like . im sure it's going to be a little bit higher then what series one went for .i dont see a huge spike in price at the end of season three for the series 2 boxes . series one will be the one everyone will always be after.

im hoping they do another binder. i want in on that this time. by the way were series one binders sealed ?
mma138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #87 (permalink)

oh and one chrome like card per box would be a nice addition
Old 03-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
as far as series two go's . they will defenetly print more. that go's without saying . while the pre sale prices wont be harper like . im sure it's going to be a little bit higher then what series one went for .i dont see a huge spike in price at the end of season three for the series 2 boxes . series one will be the one everyone will always be after.

im hoping they do another binder. i want in on that this time. by the way were series one binders sealed ?
They weren't "sealed" but wrapped up in tissue paper. They included the Rick's 1st Kill costume relic which is limited to 500 cards and binders. Binders are going for over $100 on ebay. I'm sure they'll do a S2 Binder and it will probably be limited as well...so expect a sell-out of cases and binders! They hype of S1 will sell out S2.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #89 (permalink)

The binder that I picked up over the weekend was indeed sealed. The reason that it is no longer wrapped is that the relic card was in there loose bouncing around and I did not want it to get damaged.
Igman7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #90 (permalink)

The binder I purchased was plastic sealed. The card was bouncing around in there too... but I honestly didn't know the card was in there until my brother pointed it out.

My local hobby shop had it there and marked it for $21.00.

I didn't even know the background about it before I purchased it... I'm just really happy that did buy it. I got it for a steal compared to what it's going for now.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #91 (permalink)

the card was bouncing around ? geez , must have had some nice rounded corners .
Old 03-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #92 (permalink)

While I wouldn't send it in for grading, it is in suprisingly good shape all things considered.

$21? Holy crap, is that a steal. Congrats!
Igman7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #93 (permalink)

Thanks

It was all chance too... luckily my card wasn't damaged at all... it's in better shape than another one I pulled from a pack. That being said I am wondering where I should go to try and finish my S1 set.

I've gotten some help on the boards so far and hopefully can get all the autos, chase and promo cards before S2 hits. I should be able to do it... still thinking about buying another box though... I have a source and won't have to pay out the nose for it.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #94 (permalink)

I don't even want to mention how much I paid for my binder! I'm still glad I was able to get one under the $179 price tags now tho!

I finally broke open most of my case. I'll be doing a box break update later in the week.

Nick
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #95 (permalink)

I'm really eager to get another case to crack open... nothing beats that feeling of not knowing what you're going to get.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #96 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
I'm really eager to get another case to crack open... nothing beats that feeling of not knowing what you're going to get.
eager enough to spend $2400???
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
eager enough to spend $2400???
Sorry, I use 'case' and 'box' interchangeably. I meant box... I can get boxes for a lot less than people are charging for them online and on Ebay.

I know that boxes are getting scarcer and people are ramping up the cost of them on the secondary market but I have a local hobby shop that has them and I just bought out their last box and they have another one coming in. I just hope I can get to it first.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #98 (permalink)

Durst, lucky you! I'm contemplating buying another box or two but probably not at this stage. Only need 1 more card for my set.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Durst, lucky you! I'm contemplating buying another box or two but probably not at this stage. Only need 1 more card for my set.
Send me a PM with what you need... I'm trying to put my set together too (only about 7 or so off) but if it's something I have an extra of we could make a deal.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #100 (permalink)

ok this is just crazy . i could be seeing things but a box just went for 275 !!!!