Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #101 (permalink)

Wow if I would have just sat on my case...but the collector in me had to open it to finish the "mini" master set!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #102 (permalink)

These just hit, what $235 on Blowout? WTF is going on here? Thank God my girlfriend got me two for my birthday at the beginning of the month when they were only $90. This has to be one of the craziest things I have seen during my time collecting cards. Makes me wanna snag up all the Big Bang Theory I can find.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #103 (permalink)

Interesting that the seller has "only 2 boxes left" yet sold the two boxes to a single buyer at $275ea while $199 boxes are still listed. Oh yeah, the same seller listed 2 "more" boxes up right after those ended.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #104 (permalink)

A store by me said they may be getting a case in after ordering it a while ago. I wonder how much he'll be charging if he ever gets them in. Anything under $150 and I'll be his Huckleberry.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #105 (permalink)

Brobocop, can you get all the boxes and buy me one? lol

Durst, I'll pm you. UNFORTUNATELY, I'm only missing one of the Reedus auto's.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:17 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Brobocop, can you get all the boxes and buy me one? lol

Durst, I'll pm you. UNFORTUNATELY, I'm only missing one of the Reedus auto's.
Oh... yeah me too haha.

I'm waiting for one in the mail... not sure when it's going to get here.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #107 (permalink)
Banned

I just listed my set, minus the Autos, for $2000 OBO.

Binder, Set, both insert sets, all 5 Promos, and 18 card Wardrobe set.

I don't want to sell but I am curious as to what kind of offers I'll get.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #108 (permalink)

Interesting idea... I'm eager to see what people are willing to pay for that.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I just listed my set, minus the Autos, for $2000 OBO.

Binder, Set, both insert sets, all 5 Promos, and 18 card Wardrobe set.

I don't want to sell but I am curious as to what kind of offers I'll get.
Best of luck! I bet if you included the Sheriff Patch it would easily sell for the 2K!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #110 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
Best of luck! I bet if you included the Sheriff Patch it would easily sell for the 2K!
I agree but I don't want to sell the set, more just interested in what people would pay.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #111 (permalink)

Ok, I just got a Walking Dead 24 pack box for $89.00... my hobby shop came through for me yet again.

Dilemma... do I open the box? I still need 7 of the autos... but should I resell it or do I crack that baby open and hope to get one of my needs?

I'm really not sure what to do here.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
Ok, I just got a Walking Dead 24 pack box for $89.00... my hobby shop came through for me yet again.

Dilemma... do I open the box? I still need 7 of the autos... but should I resell it or do I crack that baby open and hope to get one of my needs?

I would sell it and then buy what autos you need...there are no autos going for $200+ right now so you will make a profit and it will help you make your set! You may even be able to buy 2-3 autos (with the profit) depending on who you need.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #113 (permalink)

I'm really torn on this... I'd love to crack one open and get a Rick patch... but I know the chances of that are slim.

However with the dwindling availability of these I mean what can we really expect? I mean someone is going to find some of the remaining patches it's just a matter of time.

I guess I'm weighing my options of opening the case or doing what you mentioned... I'd love to be able to fill in some of the gaps with my auto set.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post

It all depends on how much of a gambler you are. I recently opened two boxes with no big hits, but I just had to know what was in them. If you sell it for $180-200, you could pick up a few of your auto needs. So it all depends on if you want to be a risk taker or play it safe.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #115 (permalink)

Yeah you've all guided me where I was thinking of going with it.

Unless I pull an M2, M11 or Reedus auto I really don't stand a chance on making what I potentially could on the sealed case separately.

Update:

Had my girlfriend pick up my 'box.'

Turns out I'm getting 15 from one box, and 9 from another. Should I even bother selling that on Ebay and just sell packs in groups? I mean if they're from separate cases then I'd imagine it wouldn't go for the same but I have seen some pack lots go for a pretty ridiculous amount. What are you guys thinking?

I mean having cards from separate cases poses an interesting problem and solution at the same time. If I get cracks from two different cases that opens up possibilities for multiple hits... but also has the same gamble of not getting anything at all.

Every time I make my mind up I have another reason to change it.

Last edited by durstlimpbizkit; 03-27-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #116 (permalink)

I'm sort of confused...did you buy a case or a box or is this 24 packs from 2 separate boxes? If that's the case then I would not buy the box since all the good hits were pulled. The only way you will make money is for sealed boxes. You could tell which packs had the relics and the guy selling could have just opened up packs until he pulled the auto and then sold the rest off. If that's the case then no wonder he sold the box for $89...there's no HITS in the remaining packs!

Last edited by John91C; 03-27-2012 at 04:21 PM.
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm sort of confused...did you buy a case or a box or is this 24 packs from 2 separate boxes? If that's the case then I would not buy the box since all the good hits were pulled. The only way you will make money is for sealed boxes. You could tell which packs had the relics and the guy selling could have just opened up packs until he pulled the auto and then sold the rest off. If that's the case then no wonder he sold the box for $89...there's no HITS in the remaining packs!
Yeah... it's 15 from one and 9 from another.

It's between two stores that had them... I guess I'm just wanting them regardless because nobody can get them. That being said though the 3 boxes I've cracked there's no way to know if you got an auto... I mean the relics sure... but I already have all those so it wouldn't exactly kill me if I didn't get them. I don't know... we'll see what happens.

I've seen unboxed packs selling well too... so I might just sell them in 3's or 4's and see what I can get.

Edit:

Here's another thought though... while the 15 is what was left from one case, the 9 from the other still leaves a few behind. I think there's still some in there... the guy just gave me MSRP for a full 'box' and I think he still had some extra too. I was going to ask my guy if he could get me those too... so that's another reason why I decided to do it.

Last edited by durstlimpbizkit; 03-27-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #118 (permalink)

True you can't tell which packs have autos but if I open a box and 10 packs in I pull the auto and I've already pulled the two relics that's 12 packs in...so now I have 12 packs that do not have anything in them and I can sell them that way. It's not an honest way of doing business but a lot of stores and ebay sellers do this.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
True you can't tell which packs have autos but if I open a box and 10 packs in I pull the auto and I've already pulled the two relics that's 12 packs in...so now I have 12 packs that do not have anything in them and I can sell them that way. It's not an honest way of doing business but a lot of stores and ebay sellers do this.
Man thats shady If you sell them I hope the buyer contacts you and tells you they pulled Ricks full patch.

"When the Power of Love Overcomes the Love of Power the World Will Know Peace" ---- Jimi Hendrix
Wise4671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #120 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise4671 View Post
Man thats shady If you sell them I hope the buyer contacts you and tells you they pulled Ricks full patch.
John is a good dude. He was presenting a scenario (an all too real scenario) that happens a lot.

I wouldn't want mixed packs but that's just me.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
John is a good dude. He was presenting a scenario (an all too real scenario) that happens a lot.

This is the reason I only buy sealed boxes from places like Blowout.

"When the Power of Love Overcomes the Love of Power the World Will Know Peace" ---- Jimi Hendrix
Wise4671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #122 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
This is the reason I only buy sealed boxes from places like Blowout.
I agree with you. If it's too good to be true, it is.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #123 (permalink)

I think I may have to sell my Binder and Full set along with the one box I kept sealed.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
I was just trying to say people do this...not saying that I've done this. I only buy and sell sealed boxes.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks for the kind words and yes I was just presenting a scenario of what can happen with packs from mixed boxes!