Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Walking Dead Season 2 Set Speculation

Since we have a small, but devoted, group of TWD collectors; I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on what Cryptozoic has in store for the Season 2 release.

My thoughts:

Autos - Herschel, Maggie, Otis, Carol, Beth. I'm not a fan of the 2 version autograph cards but a 2 version of Sophia (1 as human, 1 as walker) would be awesome.

2 of the following: Rick, Lori, Dale and/or Andrea. Jeffrey DeMunn (Dale) is a phenomenal actor and I would like to see him included.

I would also like to start seeing some Dual Auto cards. Rick/Lori, Glen/Maggie, Herschel/Rick, Rick/Shane, Carol/Darryl, etc.

Wardrobe - Same as season 1, 18-27 different cards to make room for the new characters.

I would also like to see a 1 per pack parallel set along with the regular insert sets.

Thoughts?
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

A lot of good ideas here. Only thing I would add are cool/unique prop cards like the Harry Potter and James Bond series have (pieces of the set, pieces of actual walker skin/suit/teeth/whatever, pieces of Rick's hat, etc).
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Pieces of the barn (wood pieces) would do well on the secondary market.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16

Shop Smart, Shop Rink-Mart
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

I want a greg nicotero auto thats all
Mikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

jumbo latex zombie patches (or whatever they use to make the zombies)

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think it would be cool to include autos of Robert Kirkman as well. Maybe an sp card that has a preview of season 3 on it.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
I think it would be cool to include autos of Robert Kirkman as well. Maybe an sp card that has a preview of season 3 on it.
I agree.......
Old 03-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thought Kirkman wasn't writing for the tv series anymore.

They have a Nicotero zombie costume card in S1.

It sucks that Jon Bernthal won't be in S3 but glad they are keeping some what in line with the comic series.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

Sketch cards by me.

I was so bummed I couldn't work on Season 1. Turning down a zombie set actually hurt inside.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

Wrapper Redemption for Chris Hardwick Talking Dead Auto
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

John91C... thanks for no ****ing spoiler alert... not everyone is caught up on the show or like to read the online rumors/leaks... ****ing jerk
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Sketch cards by me.

I was so bummed I couldn't work on Season 1. Turning down a zombie set actually hurt inside.
That day was a little sadder for everyone.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #13 (permalink)

T2554, granted he should have stated spoiler. But you slightly over reacted. As the interwebs blew up when the special features of season two were leaked via AMC store. It was nearly impossible to not read the spoiler anywhere. You were bound to find it. Also everywhere I read mentions it. I read the comic as well. So I knew it was coming. At this point in the game I thought it was common knowledge for TWD fans out there. Show or comic readers.

Back to topic though.
I made an account to post in this thread. I emailed crypto a few weeks back. Asking what we can expect. Since the product isn't confirmed they couldn't tell me anything.

Ideally for me. I want Rick an Lori autos for sure. Dale would be nice. To match the wardrobe. I would love a Kirkman or Nicottero auto as well. Hardwick auto is a neat idea too. But I really want some prop cards. Maybe slivers of one of the arrows we saw Daryl carving. Or pieces of a round from Ricks python.

That's just me though. Glad to be apart of the boards. All though only cards I collect are TWD. And my collection was completed as of tonight thanks to eBay. Just need Merle's auto at a reasonable price. My girlfriend and I have been breaking boxes like crazy. She came up with a cool idea of framing the cards. So we're gonna lay em all out an see the best way to go about it. If anyone's interested in pics of final frame(s) let me know. I'll post em when finished.
projekt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:33 AM   #14 (permalink)

MadBacker. I believe I was watching your bidding war a few nights back for ricks partial badge. My heart goes out to you losing it last minute. Sorry sir!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt View Post
T2554, granted he should have stated spoiler. But you slightly over reacted. As the interwebs blew up when the special features of season two were leaked via AMC store. It was nearly impossible to not read the spoiler anywhere. You were bound to find it. Also everywhere I read mentions it. I read the comic as well. So I knew it was coming. At this point in the game I thought it was common knowledge for TWD fans out there. Show or comic readers.

Back to topic though.
I made an account to post in this thread. I emailed crypto a few weeks back. Asking what we can expect. Since the product isn't confirmed they couldn't tell me anything.

Ideally for me. I want Rick an Lori autos for sure. Dale would be nice. To match the wardrobe. I would love a Kirkman or Nicottero auto as well. Hardwick auto is a neat idea too. But I really want some prop cards. Maybe slivers of one of the arrows we saw Daryl carving. Or pieces of a round from Ricks python.

That's just me though. Glad to be apart of the boards. All though only cards I collect are TWD. And my collection was completed as of tonight thanks to eBay. Just need Merle's auto at a reasonable price. My girlfriend and I have been breaking boxes like crazy. She came up with a cool idea of framing the cards. So we're gonna lay em all out an see the best way to go about it. If anyone's interested in pics of final frame(s) let me know. I'll post em when finished.
Wilkommen.

Do you have the Rick Patch? That's the last card I need since I'll never see the full badges.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:38 AM   #16 (permalink)

Nope. Broke the last two boxes I'll ever but today. Worst boxes yet. Was very distraught. Was praying for a badge. For your information. I was gonna offer to you first. It would've been hard not to sell but the cash it would've yielded would've paid me for all money invested into the cards and then some.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:39 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
That day was a little sadder for everyone.
There was a shadow cast across the sketch card world....

I'd also like to see autographs of Scott Ian from Anthrax - he was a zombie in a webisode.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
There was a shadow cast across the sketch card world....

I'd also like to see autographs of Scott Ian from Anthrax - he was a zombie in a webisode.
As an anthrax / Scott fan I'd love it!!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 12:44 AM   #19 (permalink)

Another thing, when I emailed crypto. I asked the current status of redemptions. I was told both full badges are still NOT redeemed and 14 partials remain. This was two weeks ago though.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Another thing, when I emailed crypto. I asked the current status of redemptions. I was told both full badges are still NOT redeemed and 14 partials remain. This was two weeks ago though.
I appreciate the thought on selling to me and I would've come really strong.

Anyways, there have been 4-5 sold on Ebay. I've also heard (and this was backed up by another member) that the Shane Full patch was pulled and sold for 5K.

With so much of this product already busted and 10+ Patches remaining, I am fighting and I mean fighting, the urge to do another case.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:06 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I appreciate the thought on selling to me and I would've come really strong.

Anyways, there have been 4-5 sold on Ebay. I've also heard (and this was backed up by another member) that the Shane Full patch was pulled and sold for 5K.

With so much of this product already busted and 10+ Patches remaining, I am fighting and I mean fighting, the urge to do another case.
I know the feeling, not a case. But boxes. But at 100 a box or 1000 a case. That's STEEP. An a redemption is all I'm after. Imagine your case contains a partial AND ricks full redemption. The odds are against it. But #@#@#@#@. That would be amazing.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:11 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
John91C... thanks for no ****ing spoiler alert... not everyone is caught up on the show or like to read the online rumors/leaks... ****ing jerk
How is that a spoiler alert? All I said was he won't be back in S3...never said anything happened to him. If you're that sensitive then don't look for TWD news on a sports card forum. If you are a follower of the comic series then you know what to expect...as far as rumors/leaks, well I can't control that...it's all over the news that AMC F'd that up.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:15 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
How is that a spoiler alert? All I said was he won't be back in S3...never said anything happened to him. If you're that sensitive then don't look for TWD news on a sports card forum. If you are a follower of the comic series then you know what to expect...as far as rumors/leaks, well I can't control that...it's all over the news that AMC F'd that up.
See my post. I got you bro.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:18 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
See my post. I got you bro.
Saw that post...appreciate it! Are you working on the set as well? I'm still trying to get a master set but I can't get/find a Shane or Rick patch!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:25 AM   #25 (permalink)

Yea. I'm giving up. I opened the last two boxes I'll buy earlier today. My worst pulls yet. They're too expensive to keep trying. I'm an E-3 in the military. I don't make enough to keep breaking boxes like I've been. Just gonna hold off an wait for a case of S2. Best of luck to you though!!!

My collection isn't a 'master' I just have all base / chase / wardrobes except Shane's tee an loris white tank / one of each auto except Merle's. Which I received a pm about tonight I'll be replying too tomorrow. Loris tank too expensive. An Shane's tee I'm indifferent on as I want the auto cards I have to match the wardrobe cards I have. If that makes sense?