Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Marvel Masterpieces 3 & Star wars Galaxy 4

Hey guys,

I just started getting into collecting and re-selling cards again. Saw these boxes on ebay for this particular series, anyone know if it's any good or worth getting? Mostly I've been dealing with comic books the past 10+ years and was looking to diversify into something non-sport wise. I was also looking at the Star Wars Galaxy 4 boxes, I saw someone selling them on ebay with the sketch and autographs already pulled. Is it still worth getting the 36 sealed packs if those inserts have already been pulled? Finally how do they pull those and leave the rest of the cards in the box? I've been told by friends that it varies from feeling packs, digital scales to items placed in certain spots in boxes. Thanks for the advice in advance, awesome looking site!

Vault

Last edited by vaultofhorror; 05-06-2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: forgot to put something in title
vaultofhorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tim

bottom line is you get what you pay for:

sealed galaxy four boxes are around $80 now
24-pack lots are around $30-$35

So...

you decide if the sketch is worth $45-$50 or not. that is what it comes down to. (And you also need to decide if the other inserts thrill you or not. If they do, then the 24-count lots are actually a good dea. If you are all about sketches, then you already know your answer.)
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hmm thanks for the input Tim, I wanted to re-sell some of the cards as well. I picked up Marvel Masterpieces 2008 Series 3 for $10.50 and 15.50 (36 Sealed Packs). Will possibly pick up one or two of the Galaxies and see if I can pull any of the other inserts in the series like the Yoda (1/999)
vaultofhorror is offline   Reply With Quote