Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #301 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
I think I found this one. See eBay auction #170877264899. It says Kevin Bloomfield.
great find, thanks!
Buickrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #302 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaheras View Post
The signature on the right is definitely John Cebollero's. Here's a sketch he did elsewhere, complete with signature:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LJjVAhWDeu...+Cebollero.jpg

The sketch on the left I simply can't tell if it's Freeman or not.
Wow... Thanks! I would never have gotten that one. Great!
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #303 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buickrob View Post
great find, thanks!
Very welcome. Some of these are pretty tough to figure out.
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #304 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 705
Default

Thought I'd share my highlights from pulls and purchases:
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:18 AM   #305 (permalink)
Member
 
rmaheras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckycap View Post
Thought I'd share my highlights from pulls and purchases:
Nice! I particularly like the one in the middle of the third row. Who drew that one?
rmaheras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:27 AM   #306 (permalink)
Member
 
lucky4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckycap View Post
Thought I'd share my highlights from pulls and purchases:
i really like number 9 nice collection
lucky4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:00 AM   #307 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckycap View Post
Thought I'd share my highlights from pulls and purchases:
Top row middle, Puis?

Love the last one with the knife!
Buickrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #308 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaheras View Post
Nice! I particularly like the one in the middle of the third row. Who drew that one?
I think that's Doug Cowan. He does great work.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #309 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 705
Default

Thanks guys!
I'm hoping to add some more soon.
This has been a great release IMHO.

The top row middle is Puis. Really like his work in this set. Need to get some more of his.
Middle third row is Doug Cowan. Got that one for a steal on eBay. Pulled another one of his in a box the same day that card arrived.
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #310 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckycap View Post
Thanks guys!
I'm hoping to add some more soon.
This has been a great release IMHO.

The top row middle is Puis. Really like his work in this set. Need to get some more of his.
Middle third row is Doug Cowan. Got that one for a steal on eBay. Pulled another one of his in a box the same day that card arrived.
That Puis is awesome. Pulled one in my case and it really turned me on to his work.

I ordered 4 "hot" sketch packs on ebay last night, hopefully it's not a bust.
Buickrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #311 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buickrob View Post
That Puis is awesome. Pulled one in my case and it really turned me on to his work.

I ordered 4 "hot" sketch packs on ebay last night, hopefully it's not a bust.
I'm hoping to pull a Puis someday.

I've busted open a few hot packs. Just like anything they are hit or miss on the sketches. Pulled some good ones, pulled some bad ones. Still hoping to pull a high end one in one some day

Good luck with your pulls.
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #312 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckycap View Post
I'm hoping to pull a Puis someday.

I've busted open a few hot packs. Just like anything they are hit or miss on the sketches. Pulled some good ones, pulled some bad ones. Still hoping to pull a high end one in one some day

Good luck with your pulls.
Thanks!

Here is the Puis I pulled from my case, 7th box and saved my case break!

Last edited by Buickrob; 08-10-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Buickrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #313 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,167
Default

2-card "return" puzzle that will be finding its way into killerturtle's collection soon.

__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #314 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
2-card "return" puzzle that will be finding its way into killerturtle's collection soon.

Man thats one lucky guy! What Truly amazing card.
killerturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #315 (permalink)
Member
 
Sushiyoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,811
Default

Got this message from someone who bought one of the sets I had up for sale. Too bad she doesnt have the original set anymore.

Quote:
In 1962, I got a whole set of Mars Attacks by buying them in 5 cent packs, one or two at a time. I also remember a 1 cent pack, and maybe a 3 cent pack, but that might have been other cards. A few years later, my mom threw them away, along with my other cards that I kept in a shoe box. This 2012 set is very close to the 1962 original, and if it smelled like chewing gum, they would be a dead on match. Now I have the 1988 set, the 1994 set, and now the 2012 set. I still miss my 1962 set, although I would most likely sell it if I still had it, and put the cash in my kids college fund. Thanks for the cards and the quick delivery.
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #316 (permalink)
Member
 
rmaheras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiyoshi View Post
Got this message from someone who bought one of the sets I had up for sale. Too bad she doesnt have the original set anymore.
I compiled a complete "Mars Attacks" set in 1962, which eventually vanished or was tossed out; and then bought a complete set in 1972 (with 15-20 duplicates) for about $50 in trade. I sold the replacement set for a substantial amount of money in about 1983 at a comics/card show in Oakland, and today, I don't own any original "Mars Attacks" cards.

I do have a complete 1994 set, along with a complete 2012 set, and I'm pretty happy with just having those. The lady who wrote the comments you shared is absolutely correct about the 2012 set: It looks just like the original set except for the tiny "2012" copyright date on the reverse side.

Below is a link to an essay I wrote about the whole deal and posted on my blog. It's titled about "Mars Attacks and Me," and includes scans of related art, and a few of the sketch cards I drew for the "Mars Attacks Heritage" set.

'Mars Attacks' and Me - Russ Maheras - Open Salon
rmaheras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #317 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14
Default Artist Idenification

Please let me know if you know the artists names for these two.
Attached Thumbnails
Mars Attacks Heritage - Coming in July!-mah-unknown.jpg  
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #318 (permalink)
Member
 
MarsAttacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 205
Default

I really like this Dan Bergren return I picked up. The coloring and detail is pretty sharp!

MarsAttacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #319 (permalink)
Member
 
Sushiyoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
Please let me know if you know the artists names for these two.
First one is Tyler Scarlett.
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #320 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckycap View Post
I'm hoping to pull a Puis someday.

I've busted open a few hot packs. Just like anything they are hit or miss on the sketches. Pulled some good ones, pulled some bad ones. Still hoping to pull a high end one in one some day

Good luck with your pulls.
I don't want to get into any drama here. I know the Star Wars Galaxy 7 sketches were very easy to find, so much that I had to warn a lot of collectors/store owners a like.

How are there "hot" packs of this product though? I honestly think these should just be sold by the box, and not the pack. Just my opinion tho.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #321 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsAttacks View Post
I really like this Dan Bergren return I picked up. The coloring and detail is pretty sharp!

Great card. I was going after it the same time you were. You beat me by a few minutes.
I'm hoping to get a shot at Dan's last return.
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #322 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiyoshi View Post
First one is Tyler Scarlett.
Thanks for all the help!
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #323 (permalink)
Member
 
rmaheras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I don't want to get into any drama here. I know the Star Wars Galaxy 7 sketches were very easy to find, so much that I had to warn a lot of collectors/store owners a like.

How are there "hot" packs of this product though? I honestly think these should just be sold by the box, and not the pack. Just my opinion tho.
Speaking of "hot packs," I'll display my ignorance here: How does a dealer or collector know a pack is a sketch card hot pack? Positioning in a box? Weight? Psychic consultation? X-Ray Specs?

I'm just wonderin' -- ya know?
rmaheras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:17 AM   #324 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaheras View Post
Speaking of "hot packs," I'll display my ignorance here: How does a dealer or collector know a pack is a sketch card hot pack? Positioning in a box? Weight? Psychic consultation? X-Ray Specs?

I'm just wonderin' -- ya know?
Yes, this was my question as well lol.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:48 AM   #325 (permalink)
Member
 
Sushiyoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,811
Default

In my case, the hit was in the same position in every box.

I wouldnt trust any of these packs. They are most likely resealed with crappy sketches.
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports/274549-mars-attacks-heritage-coming-july.html
Posted By For Type Date
mars attack cards - Virgilio Ricerca Immagini This thread Refback 04-26-2013 06:59 PM
Mars Attacks - Non Sports Card Forum This thread Refback 07-11-2012 06:49 PM
Mars Attacks - Non Sports Card Forum This thread Refback 07-10-2012 11:34 AM
Mars Attacks - Non Sports Card Forum This thread Refback 07-10-2012 10:12 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.