Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default John Dillinger

Does anyone know if there is a John Dillinger cut autograph out there anywhere? Did anyone include him in their sets?
Brad68to96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not sure if you are interested in the historical side of Dillinger or not...

I vacation in a small town called Boulder Junction, Wisconsin. Dead center of the state about 10 miles or so from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. While up there last year, one of the shops we visit was telling us that there was a film made up that way last year. Back in the day, a lot of the Chicago gangsters headed up that way as a hideout...Al Capone, John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson, etc. There is a resort up there called Little Bohemia in Manitowish Waters which is a nearby town.
The location is the site of a famous FBI raid back in I believe, 1934. Feds were supposedly tipped off that Dillinger and his gang would be hiding out. Resort still is intact and features the bullet holes and broken windows from the raid....they did not catch any of the gang. And for anyone interested...the resort has great food and sits on a beautiful lake. Great musky fishing!

Back to the movie....apparently there is a Johnny Depp movie coming out about Dillinger...parts were filmed at Little Bohemia. The woman relaying the story to me told me that her parents house was right next to the Executive retreat at which Depp was staying...about 15 feet away. As she put it,, "Johnny Depp was staying 15 feet away from my parents and they did not even tell me about it until after they left."

Kind of a nice side note to the story....apparently the movie will open with a scene of Johnny Depp shooting up a bunch of birdhouses.....the birdhouses were all bought from a local elderly man which has some serious health issues and sells these as a way to make money....he sold a bunch to the movie people.

The movie is scheduled to open June 23rd.

Thought I would share..
tedsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

My 3rd grade teacher was related to John Dillinger. As a child, I always thought that was pretty cool...... until she shot a student. (Just kidding about the shooting a student stuff)
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

tedsports, I am very familiar with the history of Dillinger. I have been fascinated by him since I was in middle school and did a report on him. He was certainly not your average bank robber. I am also looking forward to the movie, and have heard several dates. June 23 would be cool, it's my birthday. I have several posters, newspapers, documents, etc,... all from the 30's. We are currently looking at buying a new home, and hope to have a place where I can display everything. I would really like something signed by Dillinger, but have not seen anything great. I thought a cut auto may be out there. Thanks again for the info!
Brad68to96 is offline   Reply With Quote