Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
I wanted to update anyone who's interested.
The Rick Grimes Full patch has been found. I sent an email to Cryptozoic on April 10th

"Hello. I just bought two cases of The Walking Dead Season 1 Trading Cards.
My question is:

Is there still a chance of getting a patch redemption card out of a box
where the two wardrobe cards have already been found?

Thanks in advance! Great set! Looking forward to season 2."

And I just got this response.

"Hello,

Yes, there is still a chance for a patch redemption card. However, both oversized badge cards have been found.

We hope this answers your question.

-The Cryptozoic Team
This deserves it's own thread imo. If you get the word out maybe box prices will go down big time.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #27 (permalink)

For sure make that it's own thread.
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Interesting, I had a feeling that it had been found. I would think it'll be listed around the premiere of Season 3. That's if they are selling. This does not effect the singles though.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #29 (permalink)

I put up a new thread. Also forgot to mention on this reply, that I asked if they could let me know how many redemption have been claimed. I'll update with any new info.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #30 (permalink)
Tim

The wax prices will not drop because of one card being found - the rarity of the sealed wax (relative to demand), as well as the increased pricing for all the singles will continue to keep prices high.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
The wax prices will not drop because of one card being found - the rarity of the sealed wax (relative to demand), as well as the increased pricing for all the singles will continue to keep prices high.
That one card was the $10k card everyone was chasing. Anyone looking to build a set could easily buy a master set or piece it together for far less than $2,250 or whatever the last two cases sold for. They were chasing this card and the last few patch pieces (to a far lesser extent).

Singles have increased in price with the boxes, but not enough to rationalize $200 a box. The chase was the extra incentive.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #32 (permalink)

I would expect the boxes to dip slightly, but only to about $150-$175.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
I wanted to update anyone who's interested.
The Rick Grimes Full patch has been found. I sent an email to Cryptozoic on April 10th

"Hello. I just bought two cases of The Walking Dead Season 1 Trading Cards.
My question is:

Is there still a chance of getting a patch redemption card out of a box
where the two wardrobe cards have already been found?

Thanks in advance! Great set! Looking forward to season 2."

And I just got this response.

"Hello,

Yes, there is still a chance for a patch redemption card. However, both oversized badge cards have been found.

We hope this answers your question.

-The Cryptozoic Team
Hi,
Just curious, did you really purchase 2 cases? If so, mind tellin us how much you paid? I haven't seen any other case purchases since the $2250. I understand if you do not want to say, or you just told them that to get the info about the patch.

I happen to agree with Igman. I feel boxes will slip a bit, but not by much (unfortunately).
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #34 (permalink)
Tim

Everyone thought pop century boxes would drop after the JFK was found and I was the only one to say otherwise; sure enough, no such drop took place. I said it then and I will say it again: overall content and supply/demand dictate wax prices, not one willy wonka golden ticket.

the fact the show is off the air til october is the single most likely reason for a minor dip, but come october, they will be the hottest non-sport boxes on the planet. my advice to those with wax is to sit on them until october.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #35 (permalink)

I think box prices will dip, mainly because I don't think there will be as many buyers at the current price once word of the full patch redemption being found hits the masses. Rarity of unopened product will still keep the price point strong, but I think actual sales will be few and far between.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #36 (permalink)

I'm going to wager that prices will dip because most of the people who have been scrounging for a master set will have most likely purchased them by then. I will hopefully have my set completed by the time the 2nd season card set comes out... and I'm about ready to flip a table because I can't wait to see when it's coming out.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
I'm going to wager that prices will dip because most of the people who have been scrounging for a master set will have most likely purchased them by then. I will hopefully have my set completed by the time the 2nd season card set comes out... and I'm about ready to flip a table because I can't wait to see when it's coming out.
I'm telling you there are no more than 200 Master Sets and 16 if you count the Sheriff Patch.

The Reedus & Bernthal Autos are very, very limited.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #38 (permalink)

Cryptozoic replied again about how many redemption are left.

"Thank you, that helps a lot. Could you tell me how many of the other redemption cards are still unclaimed? Thanks again!!

"Hello,

I cannot tell you how many are still unclaimed, but I can tell you that there are some still available to be claimed. Best of luck in finding one!"
Old 04-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I'm telling you there are no more than 200 Master Sets and 16 if you count the Sheriff Patch.

The Reedus & Bernthal Autos are very, very limited.
Happen to know how limited? Just curious? 200/300?

We'll see what happens, I don't see boxes going for less than $150 tho.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #40 (permalink)

I agree that once wax prices are established, they won't go down very much. A box of Leaf Oval Office just sold on the Bay for $1,275. That's almost 90% of SRP, even though there's plenty of product out there and 90% of the top hits have been pulled.
aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Hi,
Just curious, did you really purchase 2 cases? If so, mind tellin us how much you paid? I haven't seen any other case purchases since the $2250. I understand if you do not want to say, or you just told them that to get the info about the patch.

I happen to agree with Igman. I feel boxes will slip a bit, but not by much (unfortunately).
That was honestly a typo. I meant to say 2 boxes. I had been asking the same question on these forums and decided to go straight to the source. I'm actually surprised that they told me.

Personally I'm saving my money for The Game ofThrone cards coming in June now. With the second season going right now, those should be huge.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Happen to know how limited? Just curious? 200/300?

We'll see what happens, I don't see boxes going for less than $150 tho.
It's a guess but I figure that there are no more than 200-300 Reedus Autos based on how many are on the market and the closing price.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #43 (permalink)

Almost a month old thread but just wanted to let you know that Cryptozoic is actually keeping a checklist together of what redemptions have been pulled! And R11 has already been redeemed!

The Walking Dead Season One Trading Cards | Cryptozoic Entertainment

They are doing the same for the Big Bang Theory ones too!
Old 05-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces View Post
I agree that once wax prices are established, they won't go down very much. A box of Leaf Oval Office just sold on the Bay for $1,275. That's almost 90% of SRP, even though there's plenty of product out there and 90% of the top hits have been pulled.
Isn't that the truth. No Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, or high high end duals left to be had and the box price stays the same.
Sawksfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawksfan14 View Post
Isn't that the truth. No Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, or high high end duals left to be had and the box price stays the same.
What about the lincoln/Hamilin?
jhmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambel View Post
Almost a month old thread but just wanted to let you know that Cryptozoic is actually keeping a checklist together of what redemptions have been pulled! And R11 has already been redeemed!

Great info, thank you.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #47 (permalink)

Thanks for that info!! I see boxes are still selling close to $200, one in fact just sold today for $195. Sigh.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

Since it seem that 9 have been redeemed and we've only seen 4 or so, I would say that...

A) People are keeping them in their collections

B) Holding them to sell at the start of Season 3
Old 05-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #49 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambel View Post

Not to question hellfish's posts, but is anyone at least questioning whether R1 has truly been redeemed? If you click the link above, the Cryptozoic site itself says it has NOT been redeemed. (And they show R5 as having been redeemed, which we didn't know on this thread.)

I just think to make the determination that R1 is gone without seeing it or hearing anything official from Cryptozoic (publicly) is a bit premature. Maybe the person who wrote to hellfish was confused?
Old 05-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

We're up to 12 Patches redeemed.

Someone has to have a 4 color out there.