Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Redemption prices in non-sports cards

Hello,

I'm relatively new to this hobby, so am curious as to redemption cards and their prices. I've noticed recently that the Big Bang Theory redemption cards are bringing in around $1000. Is this typical for a redemption? Seems awfully high, as even the Walking Dead ones are only around $800 (I use "only" sparingly lol). Just curious of your opinions out there.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

As popular as The Walking Dead is it's still a bit niche, but it's a huge show on a small network. The Big Bang Theory is a huge show on a major network and has a much larger audience. People weren't sure a card set based on a sitcom would work, the show has millions of viewers but it wasn't clear if they were the kind of viewers who would embrace cards. The way the cards are selling it's clear they are interested.

The patch redemptions for The walking dead are /25 (not counting the full patch 1/1's), the same as the big bang theory costume redemption so it's not too surprising TBBT redemptions are going for more with it's larger fan base.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

These two releases have surprised everyone... I wouldn't use them as a model but as an example of a great idea outside the box by Cryptozoic...
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
These two releases have surprised everyone... I wouldn't use them as a model but as an example of a great idea outside the box by Cryptozoic...
The Walking Dead is the kind of set that typically gets made, although it's success is definitely surprising.

The Big Bang Theory is definitely outside the box. Normally for non sports we get loads of sci-fi (Star Wars, Star Trek Serenity, Babylon 5, etc), a lot of supernatural based sets (Buffy, Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Charmed, etc), loads of Marvel (superhero based movies and comic artwork based sets) and a few dramas (24, CSI, Alias, NCIS, etc), but never a sitcom based set with a full autograph and costume line up. I'm sure the established companies didn't think the typical collector would go for it, it took a new company taking a risk that happened to pay off big time. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few other shows get their own sets, I know there are a couple of other sitcoms I'd be interested in.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
I agree, thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Last edited by Cujobyte; 04-09-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incarnadine View Post
As popular as The Walking Dead is it's still a bit niche, but it's a huge show on a small network. The Big Bang Theory is a huge show on a major network and has a much larger audience. People weren't sure a card set based on a sitcom would work, the show has millions of viewers but it wasn't clear if they were the kind of viewers who would embrace cards. The way the cards are selling it's clear they are interested.

The patch redemptions for The walking dead are /25 (not counting the full patch 1/1's), the same as the big bang theory costume redemption so it's not too surprising TBBT redemptions are going for more with it's larger fan base.
/16 actually.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ah, my mistake. Actually makes TBBT redemption prices more impressive in comparison.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incarnadine View Post
Ah, my mistake. Actually makes TBBT redemption prices more impressive in comparison.
Yes. I thought since there were more redemptions, it'd lower the price of them. Guess I have a lot to learn in this hobby.