Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #226 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
Also, after getting Season 1...I always thought about how cool it would be to expand beyond wardrobe cards. I'd love to see the inclusion of prop cards as well, that would be awesome!
Yep us too. A few months ago we had some fun speculating about what kind of wardrobe/prop/walker skin and makeup pieces we would like to see lol (either in this thread or another one of the huge ones).
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #227 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
Yep us too. A few months ago we had some fun speculating about what kind of wardrobe/prop/walker skin and makeup pieces we would like to see lol (either in this thread or another one of the huge ones).
That would be too awesome. So many possibilies really.

On a side note, I actually got into buying Season 1 in December, never heard anything about it...just randomly lucked out by searching The Walking Dead on eBay and coming across the cards. Thankfully I did, otherwise I would have never known they existed. Do you know if wardrobe images or information ever made their rounds online prior to the release of Season 1 or was it like opening a Christmas present and you didn't know what you were going to get? Not sure how that worked.
icancu202 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #228 (permalink)

Quote:
That would be too awesome. So many possibilies really.

On a side note, I actually got into buying Season 1 in December, never heard anything about it...just randomly lucked out by searching The Walking Dead on eBay and coming across the cards. Thankfully I did, otherwise I would have never known they existed. Do you know if wardrobe images or information ever made their rounds online prior to the release of Season 1 or was it like opening a Christmas present and you didn't know what you were going to get? Not sure how that worked.

If I am not mistaken Cryptozoic had images on their trading card page just like this release. Didn't s1 get released December 14, 2011?
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:10 AM   #229 (permalink)

I don't know if this has been brought up yet but a few websites now have a release date of 10/5. Not sure how reliable that is but I've seen weirder things happen.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #230 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I don't know if this has been brought up yet but a few websites now have a release date of 10/5. Not sure how reliable that is but I've seen weirder things happen.
A 10/5 release would be fantastic. That would bring the cards out right before season 3 starts. Finger's crossed........
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #231 (permalink)

A01 - Andrew Lincon
A02 - Jon Bernthal
A03 - Jeffrey DeMunn
A04 -
A05 - Norman Reedus
A06 - Melissa McBride
A07 - Madison Lintz
A08 -
A09 -
A10 - Scott Wilson
A11 - IronE Singleton

Callies, Holden, Cohan would make the set. Wish they left Singleton out and replaced with a S2 Character like Jane McNeill or Emily Kinney.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-04-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #232 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
A01 - Andrew Lincon
A02 - Jon Bernthal
A03 - Jeffrey DeMunn
A04 -
A05 - Norman Reedus
A06 - Melissa McBride
A07 - Madison Lintz
A08 -
A09 -
A10 - Scott Wilson
A11 - IronE Singleton

Callies, Holden, Cohan would make the set. Wish they left Singleton out and replaced with a S2 Character like Jane McNeill or Emily Kinney.
I have seen some videos of Maggie and Glen hanging out with the cryptozoic people. I really think they will both be in it.
Cubfan86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #233 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan86 View Post
I have seen some videos of Maggie and Glen hanging out with the cryptozoic people. I really think they will both be in it.
Callies and Lincoln should come together like Yeun and Cohan. Walking Dead relationships.

Since they had Singleton I guess Yeun wouldn't suprise me.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-04-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #234 (permalink)

Pre-orders are officially up on Dave and Adams, but at $89.95. Seems pretty high doesn't it (I got two boxes elsewhere for $71 a while ago), or will this be a common release price given the hype?
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #235 (permalink)

Quote:
Pre-orders are officially up on Dave and Adams, but at $89.95. Seems pretty high doesn't it (I got two boxes elsewhere for $71 a while ago), or will this be a common release price given the hype?
That is crap. Theyare not paying any more for it than before. If the other companies do this I am not going to be happy.
Greed
Old 09-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #236 (permalink)

Quote:
Walking Dead collectors are just about as consistent as gas prices, no matter how high they get people will stay pay it.

I have a feeling it's par for the course and if you're lucky to get a deal then that's just how it goes. I got a deal on 3 boxes of S1 on Amazon for $64.00 when I first got into the cards last Spring. Since then I've never seen one get close to that.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #237 (permalink)

that is high at 89.95 limit is 6 boxes. Why no cases?

Update: Called sales at Dave and Adams, they said already sold out of cases before they could put them online.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-04-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #238 (permalink)

Quote:
that is high at 89.95 limit is 6 boxes. Why no cases?

Update: Called sales at Dave and Adams, they said already sold out of cases before they could put them online.
Wow, And I e-mailed them like a month and a half ago asking for any details they had on Season 2 trading cards. How can you sell out before putting them online? This totally sucks as I planned from the very start to pre-order a case from them, as I did with Season 1. And based on their box price...I really hope the price isn't much more than what Season 1 cost at $680. Does anyone know where I can pre-order a case? I'd REALLY hate to be shut out, especially when you know how much these cards can and will sell for. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #239 (permalink)

Quote:
Wow, And I e-mailed them like a month and a half ago asking for any details they had on Season 2 trading cards. How can you sell out before putting them online? This totally sucks as I planned from the very start to pre-order a case from them, as I did with Season 1. And based on their box price...I really hope the price isn't much more than what Season 1 cost at $680. Does anyone know where I can pre-order a case? I'd REALLY hate to be shut out, especially when you know how much these cards can and will sell for. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sent an e-mail to Chris at Blowout a week ago and he said allocations were this week. Seeing that Dave & Adam put theirs up I bet Blowout got their allocations so I just now shot an e-mail to Chris again to see if and when they would be posting them on Blowout, but they should be up very soon I would assume.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #240 (permalink)

Quote:
Sent an e-mail to Chris at Blowout a week ago and he said allocations were this week. Seeing that Dave & Adam put theirs up I bet Blowout got their allocations so I just now shot an e-mail to Chris again to see if and when they would be posting them on Blowout, but they should be up very soon I would assume.
I hope Blowout can fulfill just one case for me...it's all I want. Hopefully pre-orders don't go right out the door right off the bat with Blowout. No collector should be shut out of this...
Old 09-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #241 (permalink)

Must keep refreshing.......
Old 09-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #242 (permalink)

I just received this e-mail from Dan Park at Blowout:

"Hi,

We're still waiting for our allocations on walking dead 2. As soon as we find out, we'll list up boxes/cases available for sale on the site.

thanks!
--

Dan Park"
Old 09-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #243 (permalink)

Quote:
I just received this e-mail from Dan Park at Blowout:

"Hi,

We're still waiting for our allocations on walking dead 2. As soon as we find out, we'll list up boxes/cases available for sale on the site.

thanks!
--

Dan Park"
Kind of sucks that there is no firm date on what we'll get those. My luck is the pre-orders will be placed on Blowout while I'm at work and I'll miss out. The fact that stuff is selling out before even making it online, worries me.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #244 (permalink)

Quote:
Kind of sucks that there is no firm date on what we'll get those. My luck is the pre-orders will be placed on Blowout while I'm at work and I'll miss out. The fact that stuff is selling out before even making it online, worries me.
Yup same here, I am sure people called Dave & Adams right when they opened this morning and ordered at 9 AM. At least Blowout does not take orders via phone or e-mail just through their website so that is good news. Just have to be there when they go up and be quick.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #245 (permalink)

Quote:
Yup same here, I am sure people called Dave & Adams right when they opened this morning and ordered at 9 AM. At least Blowout does not take orders via phone or e-mail just through their website so that is good news. Just have to be there when they go up and be quick.
I called and left a message at Dave & Adam's regarding the sales of cases. Don't really think they should of allowed the sale of more than one case per person if they had a limited stock. Hopefully I hear back from them soon.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #246 (permalink)

Quote:
I called and left a message at Dave & Adam's regarding the sales of cases. Don't really think they should of allowed the sale of more than one case per person if they had a limited stock. Hopefully I hear back from them soon.
Sales by phone are taken at 1-888-440-9787 opt. 2. That is where I talked to a real person.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
Sales by phone are taken at 1-888-440-9787 opt. 2. That is where I talked to a real person.
Thank You. Didn't know you could reach them right away. Will try that number!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #248 (permalink)

Just called and the representative told me they were never put online for sale. They only got a few cases from the allocations and because of that...for now they are only selling boxes individually with a maximum of 6 boxes per person. :-/
Old 09-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
Just called and the representative told me they were never put online for sale. They only got a few cases from the allocations and because of that...for now they are only selling boxes individually with a maximum of 6 boxes per person. :-/
That is a pure LIE. They are just trying to cash in on the highest amount by selling boxes at an insane price.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #250 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan86 View Post
That is a pure LIE. They are just trying to cash in on the highest amount by selling boxes at an insane price.
Sounds like it to me. 12 boxes @ 89.95 is 1079.40 way better than the 799.99 or 849.99 pre-order per case.