Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #2476 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenian95 View Post
Decided to break my box rather than sell it. They are nice cards, but not really my interest.

I got:

SB03
CB01
CB06
CB09
M22 Hershel's Pinstripe Shirt (w/ perfectly centered pinstripe)
M30 Walker Horde
A2- Jon Bernthal as Shane Walsh
2 puzzle pieces

From the lone extra pack I bought I got M31 Walker Horde

All pieces are for sale/trade for Benchwarmers products. If I can get more boxes cheap ($85 CDN) would anyone be interested in them?

Fenian95

PM Sent...
Old 12-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #2477 (permalink)

has anyone seen boxes at target / walmart yet ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #2478 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
has anyone seen boxes at target / walmart yet ?
They aren't boxes but individual packs. 2 pack per blister.

Odds:
1:2000 for auto or wardrobe
1:1000 for special insert

Here are dishonest sellers on eBay selling them...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-...item56502c1e9b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-...item2a270fd6e5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-...item35c285eca5

Here is how they are packaged...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMC-THE-WALK...item2ec46f1750

...Fishy "HOT PACK" listings...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Cryptoz...item416f2368d3

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 12-13-2012 at 02:29 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #2479 (permalink)

Wow... that guy opened the retail pack and listed it as 'unopened.' Only except it was opened already.

That's pretty pathetic. Hopefully people see the "RETAIL" blood spatter on it.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #2480 (permalink)

Listed more eBay listings above. only ONE honest person has them as blister packs.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 12-13-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #2481 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
this stuff looks realy great . but i dont care what anyone says season 3 will tops it. it may have a higher print run . but michonne and governor autos ? nuff said .......
Greg Nicotero is the best auto in the set IMHO. No actor on the show will ever boast even half the resume of Mr. Nicotero.

As a huge fan of the comics I feel they've done piss poor job introducing Michonne on the show, and the Governor is super weak compared to the comic series.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #2482 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post

Odds:

...Fishy "HOT PACK" bogus listings...

2012 Cryptozoic Walking Dead Season 2 Wardrobe Costume SEALED Hot Pack | eBay
So what is "fishy" and "bogus" about this listing? And how am I a dishonest seller?
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #2483 (permalink)

Hot Pack? Could be a shadowbox, but my advertisement got your final pack sale. =D
Old 12-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #2484 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
So what is "fishy" and "bogus" about this listing? And how am I a dishonest seller?
I don't see how yours was... however one of the listings broke a retail pack and listed it as an 'unopened' and 'unsearched' pack. I've purchased from you before though and you are by no means a dishonest seller.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #2485 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Hot Pack? Could be a shadowbox, but my advertisement got your final pack sale. =D
No it can't be a shadowbox - it says wardrobe - the SB cards don't have the same feel as the swatches. (the sale came from england)
Old 12-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #2486 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you the one cherry picking packs?
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #2487 (permalink)

and box number 5

Laurie Holden Season 1 A4 Autograph
DMO3 Lori and Shane dual
M5
M32
SBO8

KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #2488 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
I don't see how yours was... however one of the listings broke a retail pack and listed it as an 'unopened' and 'unsearched' pack. I've purchased from you before though and you are by no means a dishonest seller.
well yeah, i know that and you know that (tnanks for posting), but i don't appreciate someone else who has no clue about me or my listings lumping my listing in with the bogus ones and calling me a dishonest seller.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #2489 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
please explain what you mean and who "the one" is? this is gonna be fun.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #2490 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
lol... Wow, that's just asinine.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #2491 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
lol... Wow, that's just asinine.
i know - the ignorance in this thread is astonishing. i usually stay quiet but couldn't stop myself this time.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #2492 (permalink)
Tim

serial and i worked things out in the PM - all is good there!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #2493 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
Greg Nicotero is the best auto in the set IMHO. No actor on the show will ever boast even half the resume of Mr. Nicotero.

As a huge fan of the comics I feel they've done piss poor job introducing Michonne on the show, and the Governor is super weak compared to the comic series.
well let's see what happens in the second half of this season. so far i will agree that they havent done that great of a job with the governor. hopefully there just slowly building him up. eventualy we should see just how evil he could be. i think they have done a good job with michone though .
Old 12-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #2494 (permalink)

Quote:

Odds:

The Walking Dead Season 2 SEALED Packs from Cryptozoic | eBay

The Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Card 4 Pack Lot L K | eBay

The Walking Dead Series 2 Two Pack Lot SEALED Possible Autograph Wardrobe Card | eBay

Here is how they are packaged...

AMC The Walking Dead Season II CZ Blister 2 Pack Trading Card | eBay

...Fishy "HOT PACK" listings...

2012 Cryptozoic Walking Dead Season 2 Wardrobe Costume Relic Hot Pack 1 2000 | eBay
oh i thougth there was gonna be them 8 pack boxes.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #2495 (permalink)

Quote:
serial and i worked things out in the PM - all is good there!
I believe a public apology is due in this situation as well.

Sorry Tim!

Very honest seller.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 12-13-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #2496 (permalink)

Madbacker posted a week ago that im a case searcher. Hes full of crap though. I posted this to a member who was going to be busting a case soon: Make sure to list which box the cards came out of. Like: left top to bottom (1-6), right top to bottom (7-12). See if theres any patters that stand out. I wrote that out of curiosity and excitement of the new set. When i posted it, pack/box/case searching never crossed my mind. So im probally "the one" zoop is talking about. For a while there i enjoyed coming here on the BO forum. But now this site sucks. Too many loosers with nothing better to do than talk crap about each other.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #2497 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
I believe a public apology is due in this situation as well.

Sorry Tim!
Thanks George - no hard feelings at all!

Back to WD - does anyone know if Sophia autos are printed in the same quantities? I had heard she signed the same as the others, so split out over two cards that means hers are SP'ed, but for some reason her walker auto seems to be a lot more in demand.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #2498 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
Madbacker posted a week ago that im a case searcher. Hes full of crap though. I posted this to a member who was going to be busting a case soon: Make sure to list which box the cards came out of. Like: left top to bottom (1-6), right top to bottom (7-12). See if theres any patters that stand out. I wrote that out of curiosity and excitement of the new set. When i posted it, pack/box/case searching never crossed my mind. So im probally "the one" zoop is talking about. For a while there i enjoyed coming here on the BO forum. But now this site sucks. Too many loosers with nothing better to do than talk crap about each other.
Well "zoop" has zero credibility so don't leave because of something he said!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #2499 (permalink)

I know Miranda really only mentioned the wardrobe side of things in regards to SP's, I'd like to hear about the signature side other than the reasoning behind having a Sophia walker auto card and no Shane walker auto.

Although Miranda's reasoning for choosing the walker variation may be the reason for it to be more in demand.

Has anyone seen more or less of either version pulled? From breaks on youtube and here. Seems to me less Sophia Walker variations are being pulled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
Wardrobe & Autographs should have a complete set of Season 2 cards out of about 2 cases. Ironically, the lowest qty Wardrobe Card is Dale's undershirt, and even that is within about 15% of the others.
All of the autos are pretty even, although Sophia's two versions could get a little off from getting both out of 2 cases. Everything I looked at in NC looked really good, without duplicates of Auto or Wardrobe out of a case.
Yes, you do get a Walker Wardrobe out of every box, but that never took the place of a Non-Walker Wardrobe--it was always designed to be in addition to the one Character Wardrobe per box. We did have a bit extra Wardrobe swatches, so we increased the ration from 1:24 to about 1:21, so you should get about 13 Character Wardrobe per case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
I'm not a huge fan of having multiple versions in a set. If you make enough of each version to have them accessible to collectors the total value for that actor's autograph goes way down. Or, collectors have an artificially inflated secondary marketing for the hard to find version, and just have to spend more money to complete their sets.

**If you haven't seen Season 2 there will be spoilers!**
Apart from that, Shane as a Walker didn't seem like a big enough event to make two versions (based on what I have to weigh two versions against listed above). Story-wise, he needed to die so that Rick could keep the group (and his family) safe. Shane's death also served to prove the information that Rick got from Dr. Jenner at the CDC about the reanimation process. Shane was a major enough character in Season 2, that had we cut the availability of each version in half, the price for the actor's autograph likely would have really increased. Our collectors have a difficult time securing product, and often spend way more on a box than we would like--cutting Bernthal's auto quantities in half would have likely increased the price for the autograph beyond our comfort level.

Sophia, on the other hand, had a very long story arc about if she was alive or dead. When she was found in the barn this was an important moment for the show and the character. Since she is still alive in the comics, her being a Walker in the barn is a huge deviation from the comic storyline, and had enough impact on the show that I thought it would be worth looking into.
Once we were able to secure a deal for enough signatures to balance out her two versions, I thought it would be a really nice way to include her. For those you who followed Season 1, we weren't able to use her likeness in Season 1 Trading Cards, so featuring her both as alive and as a Walker seemed like the best thing.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #2500 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
I know Miranda really only mentioned the wardrobe side of things in regards to SP's, I'd like to hear about the signature side other than the reasoning behind having a Sophia walker auto card and no Shane walker auto.

Although Miranda's reasoning for choosing the walker variation may be the reason for it to be more in demand.

Has anyone seen more or less of either version pulled? From breaks on youtube and here. Seems to me less Sophia Walker variations are being pulled.
Yeah there is no definitive info there. I have yet to see two Sophia autos from the same case though so based on my very small sampling, i am leaning toward thinking there are definitely not as many of hers as the others (more total, of course, but less for each card)