Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #2501 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post

Has anyone seen more or less of either version pulled? From breaks on youtube and here. Seems to me less Sophia Walker variations are being pulled.
I opened a case for myself and got one Sophia walker auto and one human auto.
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #2502 (permalink)

Ok, so I'm going to write this in here, almost did it in the *Rip/Flip* walking dead thread, but quite honestly we need to try n' stick with wd talk in here.

Ok, so my observations are: cases will hit 2k quicker than we thought. There's a small glutton of cases on ebay. Momentarily though. Remember, this was just released this week. Plus Christmas is on the horizon. I think we'll see a serious jump in April/May though, again like season 1, when the show airs.

Btw Hellfish, so Ernest Dickerson (main director of WD, did last 3 episodes last spring) has been busy finishing up Dexter season, and is returning to wrap up WD (now shooting) for spring. He's one of the best directors out there tho. So just wait for the last 1/2 of the season and you'll see him do justice on Michonne/Gov.

Ok, back to work. It's sad that I havent' even had time to enjoy this set. I've been way too busy with my shop, and trying to sell my extras from my case breaks to enjoy it. This weekend, my g friend and I are watchin WD and just sorting thru base cards etc.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #2503 (permalink)

Okay, after being deluged in PMs I must say that if I can get any from my local LCS today they have all been spoken for.

Wow, what a response...

Fenian95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenian95 View Post
Decided to break my box rather than sell it. They are nice cards, but not really my interest.

I got:

SB03
CB01
CB06
CB09
M22 Hershel's Pinstripe Shirt (w/ perfectly centered pinstripe)
M30 Walker Horde
A2- Jon Bernthal as Shane Walsh
2 puzzle pieces

From the lone extra pack I bought I got M31 Walker Horde

All pieces are for sale/trade for Benchwarmers products. If I can get more boxes cheap ($85 CDN) would anyone be interested in them?

Fenian95
Fenian95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #2504 (permalink)

Agree with keeping everything here in this thread.

I believe you are correct in saying cases will go up in price and I expect the same from boxes...I see them creeping to 149.99 currently, so expect cases to follow soon after to $1800. After the finale I see them increasing in value.

Have fun sorting during your WD marathon Cujo.

Your the only one I have seen or heard of pulling them so far Danni. I think it simply comes down to Sophia being a walker that the card is selling better than the living Sophia version. Imagine the price if Shane had a walker version, up in the Lincoln range I'd imagine.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 12-13-2012 at 02:44 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #2505 (permalink)

First Dual auto sold for $500... think that's about right, low or high?
creamybeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #2506 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamybeige View Post
First Dual auto sold for $500... think that's about right, low or high?
Seems about right to me, I was thinking around $600. I bet the $449.99 will get a bid now since it sold for $500.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #2507 (permalink)

id say thats quite high considering you could have gotten that same card for free at SDCC if you waited in line, Cryptozoic just put a border on it and a hologram. Its a redemption so i guess people will pay that much
neon_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #2508 (permalink)

Quote:
Seems about right to me, I was thinking around $600. I bet the $449.99 will get a bid now since it sold for $500.
do you think that some who has one of these redemptions (like myself ) is better off trying to move it now while its hot, or waiting until it becomes harder to acquire? as in once the mad first rush of case breaking happens?
Old 12-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #2509 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_tiger View Post
id say thats quite high considering you could have gotten that same card for free at SDCC if you waited in line, Cryptozoic just put a border on it and a hologram. Its a redemption so i guess people will pay that much
master set collectors must have this though right? and this and the shane triple are the hardest to find set pieces
Old 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #2510 (permalink)

i dont consider a redemption necessary for a master set, some people would argue. if your the ULTIMATE MASTER KING of walking dead then i guess, but you could buy a blank one for like $10 and get it signed by Steven and Lauren at the next comic con, both of them seem to make the rounds. Save yourself $500-600

i see the Shane one going for $700-800 if i had that one id hold onto it, i see the value increasing, the dual auto i would sell now, i still dont see the top value in that card

Last edited by neon_tiger; 12-13-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #2511 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamoody22 View Post
Has anyone heard anything from solarflycards as to when they will be shipping
...Sorry in advance if this has already been asked recently
one thing is for sure, they need to remove there pre sell guarantee. becasue we all know they dont honor it
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #2512 (permalink)

Quote:
do you think that some who has one of these redemptions (like myself ) is better off trying to move it now while its hot, or waiting until it becomes harder to acquire? as in once the mad first rush of case breaking happens?

master set collectors must have this though right? and this and the shane triple are the hardest to find set pieces
I mean you can throw it up and field best offers or if your not in need of the cash then hold onto it, see how others do on the market.

I don't consider these redemptions part of the master set just as a bonus really, much like the sketches.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #2513 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't consider these redemptions part of the master set just as a bonus really, much like the sketches.
But how can you have a "master" set without all of the numbered cards in the set?
Old 12-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #2514 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
one thing is for sure, they need to remove there pre sell guarantee. becasue we all know they dont honor it
I heard that Matt @ SolarFly was waiting on his cases. He told me earlier this week that he should have them today or tomorrow, then he will ship...maybe tomorrow or Monday. I think he did the best he could given the circumstances. I heard that number of boxes he was supposed to receive was cut (like many other shops) for this release.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #2515 (permalink)

Quote:
I see them creeping to 149.99 currently, so expect cases to follow soon after to $1800. After the finale I see them increasing in value.
FWIW, I've sold most of mine at 179.99.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #2516 (permalink)

I have been calling my local comic stores hoping to find another box and 99% of them have no clue what im even talking about...

How can so many people in that field have no clue about this series?
Old 12-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #2517 (permalink)

Quote:
I have been calling my local comic stores hoping to find another box and 99% of them have no clue what im even talking about...

Its all about My Little Pony these days.
KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #2518 (permalink)

Quote:

I called all of the shops within 45 miles or so of me and none of them have (or even know about) these cards. I'm disappointed, but glad I have boxes coming. I was hoping to pick up a couple more boxes locally, but no luck.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #2519 (permalink)

Quote:

My local shops had prices from $120-$150/box no cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
But how can you have a "master" set without all of the numbered cards in the set?
Been through this already lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
FWIW, I've sold most of mine at 179.99.
Nice, case prices at that price are $2,100+.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 12-13-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #2520 (permalink)

I don't think your average comic book store will have these in stock yet. Most comic shops that just order a box or 2 from a release will get the boxes from Diamond. My local comic shop gets 1 to 2 boxes of most major card releases and they are always a week or 2 behind the release date.
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #2521 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckycap View Post
I don't think your average comic book store will have these in stock yet. Most comic shops that just order a box or 2 from a release will get the boxes from Diamond. My local comic shop gets 1 to 2 boxes of most major card releases and they are always a week or 2 behind the release date.
5 of the shops here got their product today. All were severly allocated from their original cases orders down to 2-4 boxes.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 12-13-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #2522 (permalink)

My local shop managed to snag a case, but it won't be in until tomorrow. Not sure if I'm getting any from there since they jacked up their S1 pack prices to $7.00 after they found out how good the sales were.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #2523 (permalink)

I wish I had a local shop that ordered cases or even multiple boxes of cards. My LCS will literally get 1 box in and that's it. I envy you guys that can drive down to your LCS on the release date for a card series and pick up a box. I don't have any shops around me that have that.
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #2524 (permalink)

Most likey shops will go by ebay prices.

Someone just listed a walking dead case with a Garbage Pail Kids picture

What do you guys think, should I pay 125 dollars per box?
Old 12-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #2525 (permalink)

just scooped up a Reedus auto for $119 off eBay, Huge difference between his S1 and S2 prices. I couldnt pass it up at that price. From my 4 boxes from Crypto I got Lori, Shane, Dale and Maggie autos. I think this auto set will cost me a lot less to piece together then I thought.