Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #2601 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Sorry, can't trust it after this debacle.
I trust it. Do you know why? Because Matt paid WELL over cost on getting his customers cases. Losing about $700 per case to do it. NO other company in the card business would do this.

Can you imagine? The hottest set of the year, and you have to lose money on every box/case sold??
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #2602 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
Anyone purchase from Solarfly that often? Here's the S3 offer he's got running.

SolarFly Cards - Walking Dead Season 2 + Walking Dead Season 3!

Well my 2 boxes I ordered last night should be here Tuesday next week, Solarfly still MIA though.
I won't be buying anything from him in the future. His communication and the fact that he states he has a pre-order guarantee did nothing for me and the case I ordered. He said he could get me 4 boxes...so where's the pre-order guarantee? I pre-ordered a case and I guess the guarantee is "pre-order a case and you will only get 4 boxes!"

He never went the extra mile for those who pre-ordered cases...

Last edited by John91C; 12-14-2012 at 07:27 PM.
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #2603 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
I won't be buying anything from him in the future. His communication and the fact that he states he has a pre-order guarantee did nothing for me and the case I ordered. He said he could get me 4 boxes...so where's the pre-order guarantee? I pre-ordered a case and I guess the guarantee is "pre-order a case and you will only get 4 boxes!"

As much as I'd like to talk about my frustrations with the release, I knew the writing was on the wall the second I saw "pre-order guarantee." I'm still fairly new to the industry but even I figured that there'd be no trust in seeing that on the website. I knew I wasn't going to get a case... and honestly the fact that he managed to get enough product to at least cover the bases means something.

I'm upset sure... I was hoping to have product to open for release... but Matt can't control which distributors want to send him product when he had to buy it from a 3rd party. I know that you're not happy with 4 boxes, I'm not happy with 9 to open (3 bought from 3rd parties, 6 from SF) when I was expecting 12.

I'm also not happy having to go in blind when I want to complete a set and I have no expectation for what I'll have to start out with. It's frustrating but at the same time I have to believe that Matt is doing what he can. Slow e-mails don't make me feel any better though... and that just causes concern where it doesn't need to be.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #2604 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post

John, I know of shops, RETAIL shops that ordered 4 cases and did not even get 4 boxes on this release.

This is the same ole' song n' dance with this issue. You guys have no idea what it was like on the distributorship for this release. None. I had to order a ton of other product I did not want, in order to get what I did get.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #2605 (permalink)
Banned

I trust Cujo and did a deal with Matt for my case. Matt really has worked his arse off through this whole thing.

I'd be willing to give him another shot.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #2606 (permalink)

I understand how frustrating it can be for him...it's not just the fact he couldn't get his cases. If he can't stand by his word of "pre-order guarantee" then what in anyone's right mind would want to order from him again? It's all his actions that makes me not want to order from him. Crappy communication, taking back his pre-order guarantee, already limiting his season 3 boxes/cases to those who only buy through out the year from his site. It all adds up and I "choose" not to do business with him in the future. If he would have stepped up and said I can't get a case from the distributor but I'm willing to stand by my guarantee and will fulfill your case then I would have definitely ordered other non-sports cases from him. Instead I choose to give my money to another company who will fulfill the pre-orders!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #2607 (permalink)

Would anyone be interested in trading a Walking Dead Season 2 box for a Blowout Certificate?
icancu202 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #2608 (permalink)

I understand where John is coming from here... I mean I'm assuming you've moved plenty of product and that's got to be frustrating.

As far as updates go, I just got an e-mail back too and my boxes will be shipping today! So I'll hopefully have my grubby hands on 8 boxes next week
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #2609 (permalink)

I myself will continue ordering from Matt. I know he didnt come through with all his preorder guarantees but he did get many of us boxes/cases at the cheapest price around compared to the majority of other online retailers that off the bat started charging top $ for them.

I also like the idea of the Season 3 incentive. It gives his loyal customers first dibs on a hot product instead of letting others grab up all the product before they have a chance.
wiltiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #2610 (permalink)

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but after looking through the base set a few times, does it seem like they may have missed a few key moments while focusing too much on others? Not a huge deal since I can go back and watch it whenever, just a thought I had while browsing through the cards.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #2611 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but after looking through the base set a few times, does it seem like they may have missed a few key moments while focusing too much on others? Not a huge deal since I can go back and watch it whenever, just a thought I had while browsing through the cards.
Poor Otis. Only picture he gets is the back of card #28.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #2612 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Poor Otis. Only picture he gets is the back of card #28.
Like that's what I mean though. Shane killing him was a pretty big event in the first half of season two, yet no mention or anything. Same with Randall, no real mention on that subplot, and it was a pretty big part of the second half of season two. I don't mean to nitpick, just wanted other people's opinion's on it.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #2613 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Like that's what I mean though. Shane killing him was a pretty big event in the first half of season two, yet no mention or anything. Same with Randall, no real mention on that subplot, and it was a pretty big part of the second half of season two. I don't mean to nitpick, just wanted other people's opinion's on it.
When the series is all done and the sets are all done. I really would like to see CZ go back and do an update set. Sell it as a complete set with a sketch for $800 or whatever.

Get autos of Randall, Otis, Dr. Jenner, etc. Just completely round out the set.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #2614 (permalink)

Feels nice to have Season 1 and 2 complete and in my binder
Old 12-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #2615 (permalink)

Let me ask you guys a question..... Would you pay in full say $2000, months in advance for something that wasn't guaranteed?
Kodiak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #2616 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak10 View Post
Let me ask you guys a question..... Would you pay in full say $2000, months in advance for something that wasn't guaranteed?
No way. I have a hard time putting up that kind of money even when something is guaranteed months down the line.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #2617 (permalink)

so, who is ready to take my preorder for season 3?
Old 12-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #2618 (permalink)

Quote:
No way. I have a hard time putting up that kind of money even when something is guaranteed months down the line.
Exactly my point. Don't really have any sympathy for those businesses no matter the circumstances that cannot fulfill guaranteed pre-orders. Not saying I wouldnt do business again, but defintely lost some respect IMO.
Kodiak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #2619 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak10 View Post
On the CC so you have some type of recourse.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #2620 (permalink)

Off the current topic, but.. Is it just me or are redemptions being pulled FAST? I haven't been keeping an exact count but how many have we seen pulled from board members alone? 6 or 7? That alone is a big chunk out of 50 for a product that was officially released 3 days ago!
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #2621 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
Off the current topic, but.. Is it just me or are redemptions being pulled FAST? I haven't been keeping an exact count but how many have we seen pulled from board members alone? 6 or 7? That alone is a big chunk out of 50 for a product that was officially released 3 days ago!
You gotta consider the sheer amount of this that is being broken right now. Unlike Season One, tons of this stuff is being opened by people who actually wanna collect the stuff and not rip and flip. Therefore, you have a lot of people who don't care if boxes go or down in the future, they just wanna rip into and start building some sets. Me personally, if I got a redemption I would sell it to fund the collection of the base autograph set.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #2622 (permalink)

I understand everyone's frustration with this set. Believe me when I tell you that every dealer you buy from is frustrated as well.

I want to take a moment to just be thankful Walking Dead boxes are amongst our worries these days.

My heart and prayers go out to those families where the school shooting took place.

One more thing. Do you think some actors, like Otis, don't give Crypto rights perhaps to use their image on base sets?? Just curious. I'll ask Scott next time I email him. I'll let you know his response.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:38 AM   #2623 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I understand everyone's frustration with this set. Believe me when I tell you that every dealer you buy from is frustrated as well.

I want to take a moment to just be thankful Walking Dead boxes are amongst our worries these days.

My heart and prayers go out to those families where the school shooting took place.

One more thing. Do you think some actors, like Otis, don't give Crypto rights perhaps to use their image on base sets?? Just curious. I'll ask Scott next time I email him. I'll let you know his response.
Me personally, I'm not frustrated by this set at all. I mean it came out when they said it would, it has everything a fan could really ask for, and they've delivered once again on their promises. Plus, who could have foreseen that some boxes would be loaded like they have? I'm happy to get the stated odds on a box, but getting an extra auto or costume card really makes me love this set. I'm just priced out of getting more and will just have to go the singles route after I open my last four boxes this weekend.

What happened today in Connecticut was awful, really does put a perspective on things and makes you look at what's really important.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:40 AM   #2624 (permalink)

Quote:
Me personally, I'm not frustrated by this set at all. I mean it came out when they said it would, it has everything a fan could really ask for, and they've delivered once again on their promises. Plus, who could have foreseen that some boxes would be loaded like they have? I'm happy to get the stated odds on a box, but getting an extra auto or costume card really makes me love this set. I'm just priced out of getting more and will just have to go the singles route after I open my last four boxes this weekend.

What happened today in Connecticut was awful, really does put a perspective on things and makes you look at what's really important.
The only frustrations I meant were getting boxes/cases at reasonable prices etc.

As far as the set itself, I've never opened a set that I enjoyed more, than this one.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:43 AM   #2625 (permalink)

I went back to my LCS today in search of bargain boxes ($80 CDN!) but someone had beaten me to all of the 4 sealed boxes he had left. All he had was 15 packs left from an open box so I decided to buy them at $3/pack.

I got:
M10 Maggie's Green Tank
M9 Sophia as a Human Blue Rainbow shirt

And the one that stunned me:

Andrew Lincoln As Rick Grimes A1 card! I think I got a bit lucky on that purchase...

So here is a question: Is the Lincoln auto likely to go up in price?

Any help is appreciated...

From one box and 16 packs I managed to snag the above plus:

SB03
CB01
CB06
CB09
M22 Hershel's Pinstripe Shirt (w/ perfectly centered pinstripe)
M30 Walker Horde
A2- Jon Bernthal as Shane Walsh

Fenian95
Fenian95 is online now   Reply With Quote