Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #2701 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalfan13 View Post
I saw some retail blister packs at walmart today auto and relic odds 1-2000 packs needless to say I wont be buying any of those. The price point was 4.99 for 2 packs and the packs had retail printed on them
Yup, also 1:1000 packs for a "special insert". Retail is known here to be avoided.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #2702 (permalink)

Anyone else think singles are going to come down in cost? These Ebay prices seem out of hand right out the gate.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #2703 (permalink)

The only way these start somming down is if too many fools try to undercut each other with lower BIN prices. The show is WAY too popular and the product too limited for there to be a bubble to burst.
Igman7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #2704 (permalink)

I think if you were going to sell you would wait until the season starts again or sell right when the season ends. That was roughly the time the first set started to pick up and hit those crazy highs. Right now, with everyone listing their stuff, may not be the best time to list it. I could see things coming down a bit and once it dries up, bam, goes right back up again, possibly higher than ever. But that's just one man's opinion.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #2705 (permalink)

I second your opinion Brobocop.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #2706 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
The only way these start somming down is if too many fools try to undercut each other with lower BIN prices. The show is WAY too popular and the product too limited for there to be a bubble to burst.
Exactly.

Now is probably the best time to buy everything.
BHotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #2707 (permalink)

IJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
Anyone else think singles are going to come down in cost? These Ebay prices seem out of hand right out the gate.
No I believe prices will go up especially the Reedus auto cards. The only one that might stay the same or come down a little is the Lincoln A-1 auto. I just broke another box I got Saturday got A-2 Jon Bernthal also Herschel pinstripe shirt card and M29. Got four more to open if I find a good deal I might pick up a couple more. Hope to get a redemption. I do think Sophie Zombie auto is a wild card and can shoot up in value also Dale Auto.
Phillyeric21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:54 PM   #2708 (permalink)

I think prices can still come down because some places don't even have product yet.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:04 AM   #2709 (permalink)

This set is so addictive. I want to rip more lol.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #2710 (permalink)

I made $720 off two boxes that I paid $62 each for. Can only imagine if I had gotten my 2 cases I had pre-ordered.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #2711 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
I made $720 off two boxes that I paid $62 each for. Can only imagine if I had gotten my 2 cases I had pre-ordered.
Wait till u see the case break a boardie n' I just did over skype. You guys will NOT BELIEVE IT.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #2712 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Wait till u see the case break a boardie n' I just did over skype. You guys will NOT BELIEVE IT.
Will you be posting a video soon?
icancu202 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #2713 (permalink)

Welp. A member on this forum who owes me a box of The Walking Dead just told me that his computer is fried and that he is going to this place where they charge $0.30 a minute and the next time he can talk to me is on Sunday. Problem is...I owe this box to someone on eBay. They are very understanding about the whole matter and I agreed to give them a refund, which comes out to a little over $130. Now here's the problem. I don't have the money to refund. So now I'm in a serious bind. So here's the question I pose. I have many Walking Dead cards from the case and few boxes I broke, is anyone interested in perhaps buying a card or two off of me so I can refund this buyer? I have many wardrobes and autos. Hate to part with anything, to be honest, but it looks like I don't have a choice. So just let me know and we'll get something together, I hope.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #2714 (permalink)

My second case and one single box from eBay will be here today! I will post what I got tonight! I cannot wait to get off work!
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #2715 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
Welp. A member on this forum who owes me a box of The Walking Dead just told me that his computer is fried and that he is going to this place where they charge $0.30 a minute and the next time he can talk to me is on Sunday. Problem is...I owe this box to someone on eBay. They are very understanding about the whole matter and I agreed to give them a refund, which comes out to a little over $130. Now here's the problem. I don't have the money to refund. So now I'm in a serious bind. So here's the question I pose. I have many Walking Dead cards from the case and few boxes I broke, is anyone interested in perhaps buying a card or two off of me so I can refund this buyer? I have many wardrobes and autos. Hate to part with anything, to be honest, but it looks like I don't have a choice. So just let me know and we'll get something together, I hope.
A guy has boxes on Ebay for $125 buy it now with free shipping I bought one that's the cheapest price I could find. He still has a box left.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #2716 (permalink)

Default $125 box

Gone already hope somebody from this board got it.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #2717 (permalink)

I bought a box of season 1 yesterday for $189. I never broke any of the season 1 boxes. I did manage to get 1 autograph of each signer and I also pulled 2 A4 cards in this years release which pretty much completes my mini set. I bought the inserts & base sets already so I am not sure why I bought the box except it seemed like a decent deal. Is $189 a box good or would I have been better off with another season 2 box?
Lbacall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #2718 (permalink)

im buying up the retail packs. i have a feeling that once the product becomes harder to find even these will sell for profit .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #2719 (permalink)

Hey everyone I am new to this forum! I have been reading everything you guys have posted to help me get started with my daughter's and I card collecting. We are big time Walking Dead fans and have been loving the tips and the whole excitement of opening these cards! I want to say that we just got a box of Season 1 in and had an early Christmas Party with hubby's family last Sat. and daughter broke the box. She is 2 cards from having full base set She got several of the Shiny Walker cards (still trying to learn what everything is) and she got a wardrobe card (Norman Reedus) and an Autograph (Morgan) card! She was very pleased Now we have our Season 2 Box coming in and will be here tomorrow!! But just an FYI we went to every Target and Walmart in our area (5 stores total) and bought about 5 to 10 packs from each store (just whatever they had on shelf) She got a few puzzle cards and some Bio cards and completed 1 set and has several other sets nearly done but NO really good cards :/ so I am guessing the boxes are the best bet right? Thanks everyone! ~The Newbie

Last edited by Luckysky; 12-17-2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Have some season 1 and 2 cards for trade to help complete sets!
Luckysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #2720 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckysky View Post
Hey everyone I am new to this forum! I have been reading everything you guys have posted to help me get started with my daughter's and I card collecting. We are big time Walking Dead fans and have been loving the tips and the whole excitement of opening these cards! I want to say that we just got a box of Season 1 in and had an early Christmas Party with hubby's family last Sat. and daughter broke the box. She is 2 cards from having full base set She got several of the Shiny Walker cards (still trying to learn what everything is) and she got a wardrobe card (Norman Reedus) and an Autograph (Morgan) card! She was very pleased Now we have our Season 2 Box coming in and will be here tomorrow!! But just an FYI we went to every Target and Walmart in our area (5 stores total) and bought about 5 to 10 packs from each store (just whatever they had on shelf) She got a few puzzle cards and some Bio cards and completed 1 set and has several other sets nearly done but NO really good cards :/ so I am guessing the boxes are the best bet right? Thanks everyone! ~The Newbie
Welcome! You're best bet is certainly to stay with the boxes. I would definitely HIGHLY suggest to stay away from the RETAIL packs at Walmart and Target if you want to pull autos and wardrobes. In comparison, autos and wardrobes are GUARANTEED in boxes. You will find an auto in 1 out of every 24 packs, while the chances of pulling a wardrobe are 2 out of every 24 packs, sometimes you'll pull even more. Some of the boxes I purchased had 3 to 4 wardrobes in each! Lastly, if you buy these retail packs, you should know that autos/wardrobes are not guaranteed and much, MUCH harder to obtain as the odds are 1/2000 packs. Not easy in the slightest.

Best of luck with your next box.

Last edited by icancu202; 12-17-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #2721 (permalink)

2 boxes to crack open tonight!

Solarfly order was 'shipped' but doesn't have any updates at this point. Since it was leaving from CO and heading to WI... I'm expecting 2-3 days at least. Hopefully before the weekend.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #2722 (permalink)

Hi Luckysky! Welcome to the boards - I'm fairly new here myself. There's a great group of people here!

I just tracked my SolarFly order and it was scheduled to be delivered on Thursday but it will be here today! Cannot wait! Hopefully yours will show up soon durst.
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #2723 (permalink)

Just ripped a box from Ebay. Not going to be able to recoup my money for another box.

M32 Walker, multi color striped shirt
M6 Glenn, brown triangle pattern shirt from the well
A11 TDOG Auto- Crap.
SB04

Lori and Daryl Bio's- at least they sell for a few bucks.
Reignman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #2724 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
I've got 2 boxes at home and after I bust them tonight I can help you out by buying stuff I need from you. If you still need to sell by then, that is
Old 12-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #2725 (permalink)

anyone know the artist for the sketch in the upper right? I can't find a signature anywhere.

http://imageshar.es/50cf8ceb4649688c31000e4d
sysm is offline   Reply With Quote