Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #2751 (permalink)

Did you pull two sketch cards out of one case?
icancu202 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #2752 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
Did you pull two sketch cards out of one case?
Yes. We'll post break late tonite after work. This is now the 2nd time a case had 2 sketches. I'm curious to see how many more do.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #2753 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Yes. We'll post break late tonite after work. This is now the 2nd time a case had 2 sketches. I'm curious to see how many more do.
Wow, congratulations. So karma really does exist.

Looking forward to seeing the break
icancu202 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #2754 (permalink)

Quote:
Sys's and mine's BIG case break tonite will prove JUST why to continue to break. We pulled a great Tim Proctor 1st box in our "case split". Oh, then this beauty box 4 or 5... my notes are at home.

Needless to say the case was unbelievable. No redemption tho. All things working out, I'll have my 2nd master set completed after this break. Someone turn me in to the looney bin please, I've lost my mind on this release.

Congrats on another great sketch card! Your luck certainly has turned around big time!
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #2755 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
Wow, congratulations. So karma really does exist.

Looking forward to seeing the break
Yes!! Ironically not 1 Tdog in the whole case either lol. And thanks Aggie.

Someone mentioned my *master sale* today. Right about what I expected, considering a week before the holidays.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #2756 (permalink)

@cujo - did u calculate out if u sold all the cards individually or as a set - which would do better?

and yeah, those sellers selling boxes and even packs might want to rethink that
APR 19: 3 done deals, 1 pending | NO PP GIFTING, BE WARY OF LOW ITRADERS
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #2757 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
@cujo - did u calculate out if u sold all the cards individually or as a set - which would do better?

and yeah, those sellers selling boxes and even packs might want to rethink that
Yup. Considering prices are very much fluctuating though, I put the set around $1900-2000. I think listing individually is rather difficult, because of all the added fee's. I think I did better this way. Plus it allowed me to open another case or two that I wouldn't of.

I'm finished with the 2nd set after last nite's break, needed just 2 cards. Guess I should start a 3rd set? lol. Ugh. You won't be hearing from me after this set for quite some time! Need to pay all this off lol.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #2758 (permalink)

ANOTHER Kezele for Cujo this is crazy lol. Crazy but awesome lol.

I only have two more boxes incoming (will be 8 total from 3 different sources) and they are my only hope left for a sketch (too lazy to post/scan my breaks but I'll certainly do it if I get a sketch).

I'm getting the urge to buy some of these $120-130 boxes you guys were posting from ebay, but the cynic in me assumes the sketches were already hit from their cases and they are selling off the rest of the boxes.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #2759 (permalink)

yuppycakes is selling boxes from his cases. He took down his auctions for cases and decided to sell boxes individually.

1 left here for $129 - SOLD

The ones for $127.99 most likely had the sketch pulled as there were only 4 boxes listed

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 12-17-2012 at 07:26 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #2760 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
yuppycakes is selling boxes from his cases. He took down his auctions for cases and decided to sell boxes individually.

1 left here for $129 - SOLD

The ones for $127.99 most likely had the sketch pulled as there were only 4 boxes listed
Think I got the last one.
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #2761 (permalink)

I see Tim has some S1 boxes up.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #2762 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
ANOTHER Kezele for Cujo this is crazy lol. Crazy but awesome lol.

I only have two more boxes incoming (will be 8 total from 3 different sources) and they are my only hope left for a sketch (too lazy to post/scan my breaks but I'll certainly do it if I get a sketch).

I'm getting the urge to buy some of these $120-130 boxes you guys were posting from ebay, but the cynic in me assumes the sketches were already hit from their cases and they are selling off the rest of the boxes.
You know, I want to comment on this. As quite a few of you have mentioned this now.

First off, a LOT of the bigger sellers out there simply do not do this. Why? Because they do not care. Or they don't bust at all. Look at the results from the boxes I sold off here, one boardie hit a redemption and another one hit not one, but 2 sketches!!

I'm not stating that this isn't being done, but quite honestly I think you guys are paranoid. Sys just bought 14 loose boxes and hit not 1, not 2, NOT 3 but 4 sketches. He just texted me.

Just my opinions though.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #2763 (permalink)

Quote:
You know, I want to comment on this. As quite a few of you have mentioned this now.

First off, a LOT of the bigger sellers out there simply do not do this. Why? Because they do not care. Or they don't bust at all. Look at the results from the boxes I sold off here, one boardie hit a redemption and another one hit not one, but 2 sketches!!

I'm not stating that this isn't being done, but quite honestly I think you guys are paranoid. Sys just bought 14 loose boxes and hit not 1, not 2, NOT 3 but 4 sketches. He just texted me.

Just my opinions though.
Man, I need some of your guys luck. I'm 13 loose boxes in and have yet to pull a sketch or an Andrew Lincoln Auto.
Still waiting on my half case from solarfly and another 5 loose boxes.
Fingers crossed on those boxes.
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #2764 (permalink)

Quote:

Just my opinions though.
I admit I'm paranoid, and I'm not putting down all box sellers whatsoever. If I see someone selling a few single boxes or selling a few boxes plus enough hits to make up a case, I'm a little weary and I can't help it. I would prefer to buy from the online retailers I know don't do any breaking.

What drives me even crazier than box sellers is the 'pack lot' sellers of S1 packs, and for a lot of money at that. I would certainly trust a loose box over loose packs.

Last edited by t2554; 12-17-2012 at 07:45 PM.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #2765 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
I admit I'm paranoid, and I'm not putting down all box sellers whatsoever. If I see someone selling a few single boxes or selling a few boxes plus enough hits to make up a case, I'm a little weary and I can't help it. I would prefer to buy from the online retailers I know don't do any breaking.

What drives me even crazier than box sellers is the 'pack lot' sellers of S1 packs, and for a lot of money at that. I would certainly trust a loose box over loose packs.
I look for those sellers selling 6 boxes at a time...just means they were able to get 1/2 case from distributor, or selling them in bulk quickly.

Again, not stating that it doesn't happen. BUT I think it happens a LOT less frequently then you all think. Ask sys for his opinions after hitting 4 sketches in 14 loose boxes today.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #2766 (permalink)

Just opened my case from SolarFly and one single box from eBay. No redemption Other than one box missing an autograph (I will be contacting CZE tonight), I had a pretty good variety and filled in a bunch of missing cards from my set! I do need a few to complete my set, so if you want to trade, please message me once I post what I need.

Here's a breakdown in photos of my case break plus one box:

Another Case of Walking Dead Season 2 + 1 Box (PHOTOS)

Last edited by Danni1185; 12-17-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #2767 (permalink)

Sysm hit the HUGE redemption last year of Ricks full patch, so the guy has some incredible luck to begin with.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #2768 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Sysm hit the HUGE redemption last year of Ricks full patch, so the guy has some incredible luck to begin with.
yea, hit the R1 with some loose boxes. Picked up S2 redemption in a case, but I tend to do fairly well with random boxes so I roll with it.
sysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #2769 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1185 View Post
Just opened my case from SolarFly and one single box from eBay. No redemption Other than one box missing an autograph (I will be contacting CZE tonight), I had a pretty good variety and filled in a bunch of missing cards from my set! I do need a few to complete my set, so if you want to trade, please message me once I post what I need.

Also, I will do a straight-up trade for Season 1 Andrea A3 for Season 1 Andrea A4. I now have two A3's. PM me!

I will post photos my my breaks shortly in the box break area of the forum.
Danni, I pm'd you for this trade, as I pulled 2 A4's and need 1 A3. Let me know.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #2770 (permalink)

Quote:
Danni, I pm'd you for this trade, as I pulled 2 A4's and need 1 A3. Let me know.
Thanks Cujo!

Here's my case break from tonight in photos:

If anyone has what I need (listed in the thread above), please let me know! I have quite a few duplicate autos and wardrobes available from this set for trade.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #2771 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1185 View Post
Thanks Cujo!

Here's my case break from tonight in photos:

If anyone has what I need (listed in the thread above), please let me know! I have quite a few duplicate autos and wardrobes available from this set for trade.
So, had 3 loose boxes left. My final breaks of WD. Boy I'm glad I did not sell these. 2 of the 3 did not contain an auto. Sometimes distribution seems wonky, at least what I've noticed in my 100 cases broken lol. At least it seems that many lol.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #2772 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
So, had 3 loose boxes left. My final breaks of WD. Boy I'm glad I did not sell these. 2 of the 3 did not contain an auto. Sometimes distribution seems wonky, at least what I've noticed in my 100 cases broken lol. At least it seems that many lol.
I had a box in my case that was without and auto. Strange thing was that this was the only box without the styrofoam lining on the bottom.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #2773 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I had a box in my case that was without and auto. Strange thing was that this was the only box without the styrofoam lining on the bottom.
That's weird.

So, after a few case breaks, some cases definitely are much much better than others. My 1st case was horrible, without even giving me a sketch. Comparing this to the latest (latest meaning the 2 sketch one) case is no comparison.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #2774 (permalink)

Broke two boxes:

A3 - Jeffrey Demunn
A7 - Madison Lintz
M12 - Andrea's Shirt (3 stripes)
M14 - Herschel's old man clothing
M29 - Walker Horde (striped cross pattern)
M31 - Walker Horde (with blood/mud stain; hard to distinguish but makes up most of the swatch)

With some of the breaks I've seen on here this one was pretty underwhelming. I'm still happy to be getting autos that weren't in S1... hopefully the last 6 I get from Solarfly have some good things in them.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #2775 (permalink)

My first case was definitely better than the one I opened tonight, but I got a lot of different wardrobe cards to fill in my set. The sketches I've pulled have all been great though!! (Shay, Stevlic, Redd)