Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #2901 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveskywalker View Post
Hello All, after waiting 21 days after activating my account, I have now been vetted and found worthy to post wow 21 days? anyways, very happy to be here, feel like I know some of you already. Will post my collection and breaks soon, sadly its midnight here and need zzzzzzzzzzzzz's before work. Be Good.
Well, you finally made it! Welcome. Looking forward to seeing your collection and breaks.
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #2902 (permalink)

Quote:
Hello All, after waiting 21 days after activating my account, I have now been vetted and found worthy to post wow 21 days? anyways, very happy to be here, feel like I know some of you already. Will post my collection and breaks soon, sadly its midnight here and need zzzzzzzzzzzzz's before work. Be Good.
Welcome! I remember waiting a long time for activation too. I think you have to email them to remind them you are waiting lol.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #2903 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
What were you missing from your box? I'm getting my replacement from Cryptozoic tomorrow.

Just noticed you are from Holyoke as well...very cool! I'm from Chicopee.
My first box was missing all relics and all autos.

And yes sir, I noticed your hometown a little ways back. We're practically neighbors.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #2904 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
My first box was missing all relics and all autos.

And yes sir, I noticed your hometown a little ways back. We're practically neighbors.
wasnt there someone w like 7 hits .. must have gotten all urs

bad collation for some .. great for others
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #2905 (permalink)

Default A7 Madison Lintz Auto Car

Need help completing auto master set. Anybody have an extra A7 Sophia human auto available for purchase at a reasonable price or for a trade I have an extra Dale and Shane auto available for a single card trade. Pm me. Thanks, Eric
Phillyeric21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #2906 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyeric21 View Post
Need help completing auto master set. Anybody have an extra A7 Sophia human auto available for purchase at a reasonable price or for a trade I have an extra Dale and Shane auto available for a single card trade. Pm me. Thanks, Eric
I have one. Only $50 shipped, let me know and thanks.
Cisco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #2907 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltiger7 View Post
Shane McCormack sketches

Opened one box got sophia walker auto daryl's olive green jeans and the sketch of Rick top row second from left. What would you guys value it at this is my first non sports box and know nothng of McCormack.
Schleppboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #2908 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleppboy View Post
Opened one box got sophia walker auto daryl's olive green jeans and the sketch of Rick top row second from left. What would you guys value it at this is my first non sports box and know nothng of McCormack.
My opinion is that the Shane McCormack sketches are awful and definitely not one that you want to get. It being Rick, $200-$250 is not out of the question.

McCormack and Hayden Davis need to take a walk next year. Davis' sketches look like they should've been in the comic set release...Alien Walkers. Whomever OK'd McCormack's Walkers sketches needs to re-evaluate who they put into this set. Looks like a 4th grade art project.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:25 AM   #2909 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco69 View Post
I have one. Only $50 shipped, let me know and thanks.
Sent you PM. Thanks, Eric
Old 12-29-2012, 12:35 AM   #2910 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleppboy View Post
Awesome pulls for 1st box I got a Hendrickson Rick Sketch my 2nd box break and have been itching for another sketch ever since I would like a Shay or Hoffman I think they are the best sketch card artist although I do like Hendrickson's work.

Last edited by Phillyeric21; 12-29-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:58 AM   #2911 (permalink)

I pre-ordered a case of Season 3 today. My guy was like, when does it come out, and I was like, I don't know, but I want one.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:12 AM   #2912 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I pre-ordered a case of Season 3 today. My guy was like, when does it come out, and I was like, I don't know, but I want one.
Money already tied up for S3.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:29 AM   #2913 (permalink)

Default Wolf

Been reading this from the start, I am a collector and just wanted to say thanks for the good posts. Look forward to talking to everyone.
Miyakowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #2914 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyakowolf View Post
Been reading this from the start, I am a collector and just wanted to say thanks for the good posts. Look forward to talking to everyone.
Welcome to the both of you.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #2915 (permalink)

Has anyone heard of the release dates for the season 2 binders
pitt68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #2916 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt68 View Post
Has anyone heard of the release dates for the season 2 binders
I thought it was supposed to be yesterday, but now blowout has them dated for Jan 31st....
KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #2917 (permalink)

I wasn't planning on making a master set.
After opening 9 boxes with the wife, I was still not planning on making a master set.
I was convinced that I wasn't going to make a master set.

Then I somehow ended up purchasing the rest of the cards I needed for a master set, albeit minus the redemptions and sketch.

Unfortunately, I did not pre-order a binder. I know that BO and a few other places have pre-orders available. I was wondering if any of the good folks in this thread had an extra for trade/sale. Honestly, I really only want the M33 card, as I doubt any of the cards will ever see the likes of the binder. Thanks!
HIGH END VHTG:: http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/akarlen2/library/
akarlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #2918 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarlen View Post
Unfortunately, I did not pre-order a binder. I know that BO and a few other places have pre-orders available. I was wondering if any of the good folks in this thread had an extra for trade/sale. Honestly, I really only want the M33 card, as I doubt any of the cards will ever see the likes of the binder. Thanks!
I would suggest that you wait a week or two and see if you can order one from Cryptozoic. I would think they will put a limited amount up in their store just like they did with the boxes. So keep checking their online store, and keep checking this thread, I am sure someone will post if the binders go up for sale in their store.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:36 AM   #2919 (permalink)

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and got into rippin the new walking dead cards. I got super lucky I busted 4 boxes and scored a Trev Murphy Sketch!!!

Shane as a walker. I found the exact pic he used to render the sketch. And I'd have to say his work is amazing!!!

Im curious what would you guys value this card at?

I plan to keep it but thought i'd share it with you guys. Love the forum and thanks for all the good reads.
Kevlar0986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:25 AM   #2920 (permalink)

thats a realy awesome one that should bring in some nice money. i would keep it .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:26 AM   #2921 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
what !!!!!!!!!!!! im guessing it wasnt anywhere online
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #2922 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar0986 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and got into rippin the new walking dead cards. I got super lucky I busted 4 boxes and scored a Trev Murphy Sketch!!!

Shane as a walker. I found the exact pic he used to render the sketch. And I'd have to say his work is amazing!!!

Im curious what would you guys value this card at?

I plan to keep it but thought i'd share it with you guys. Love the forum and thanks for all the good reads.
That sketch is amazing! From what I've seen, most sketches aren't selling because people are putting absurd prices on them. I'm not going to try to guess a price but it would do very well at auction being:

a) extremely well done by a popular artist
b) Shane and not Rick, who has a million sketches
c) Shane as a walker, which I've seen a few of but not many

If I HAD to guess I would say $350-450 at the very most. I think people saw some APs go for $500-800 and think their pack pulled ones are worth that much. Even if they are as nice in quality or artist, APs almost always go for a premium.

Last edited by t2554; 12-30-2012 at 11:13 AM.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #2923 (permalink)

Couldn't get a box for my sons chrismtas and now looking for either andrea's or Lori's wardrobe for him and the prices are so high!!!!!! How should i tell him :O
Cardfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #2924 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardfan10 View Post
Couldn't get a box for my sons chrismtas and now looking for either andrea's or Lori's wardrobe for him and the prices are so high!!!!!! How should i tell him :O

Maybe try bidding on them till you get one for the price your looking for. You may snag one for $30
Miyakowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #2925 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardfan10 View Post
Disappointment is a part of life, better he learns it at a younger age.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote