Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #2951 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
So, I just had an ebayer flake on me for a master set. Should I out him here?? Totally not cool in my book to do this on such a huge sale.
Depending on what the circumstances were...I don't see why not.
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #2952 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
Depending on what the circumstances were...I don't see why not.
I'm not going to. Circumstances were that we agreed upon a price on Dec 23, payment was to be made Jan 2nd. No word from him since then (dec 23rd). I'll just relist on ebay, and finish making my personal master set.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #2953 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Watch out for this scam...

The Walking Dead Season 2 Retail Trading Cards Box 24 Pks | eBay

At least they say they are retail in the title but still are trying to pass them off in a hobby box as sealed packs but open box...
Not only an intentionally misleading auction but also excessive shipping ($27). Is there a way to report him for the misleading part, don't see the right reasons anywhere in the File a Report area.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #2954 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
Not only an intentionally misleading auction but also excessive shipping ($27). Is there a way to report him for the misleading part, don't see the right reasons anywhere in the File a Report area.
Excessive shipping indeed I show $24.

Yes I reported as,

Report Category: Listing practices
Reason for Report: Fraudulent listing activities
Detailed Reason: You suspect that a listing is fraudulent

AND

Report Category: Copyright and trademark
Reason for Report: Counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer
Detailed Reason: Counterfeit, fake, or replica items

This allows you to write a short description.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 01-05-2013 at 12:03 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #2955 (permalink)

Quote:
Excessive shipping indeed I show $24.

Yes I reported as,

Report Category: Listing practices
Reason for Report: Fraudulent listing activities
Detailed Reason: You suspect that a listing is fraudulent

AND

Report Category: Copyright and trademark
Reason for Report: Counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer
Detailed Reason: Counterfeit, fake, or replica items

This allows you to write a short description.
While the way that it is listed can be seen as misleading, it certainly does not fit into either of your reporting categories. The seller specifically calls out in the title as well as the description that they are retail packs. They simply do not specifically call out the fact that they put them into a hobby box (since there is no such thing as a retail box) to make it more attractive.

Now if they shipped out retail packs in a hobby box and never mentioned that the packs were retail, there would be a much larger issue.
Igman7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #2956 (permalink)

The description reads as if it is a retail trading cards box with all 24 packs sealed inside but the outside seal is broken....
Quote:
"1 BOX OF WALKING DEAD SEASON 2 RETAIL TRADING CARDS

24 PACKS IN BOX

ALL 24 PACKS UNOPENED

BOX IS OPENED"
The title is a lie from the get go...

Quote:
THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 2 RETAIL TRADING CARDS BOX 24 PKS
So, they not only broke the Hobby box seal and removed the packs but replaced them with Retail packs which were also removed from their original two-pack blister seal and are now trying to pass it off as a "like new" retail box to attract and bamboozle uneducated buyers.

The buyer will receive a box that states Hobby odds on the outside and not get one hit from the packs.

I reported in multiple categories because there is not really a fitting category through the report an item channel.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 01-05-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #2957 (permalink)

Finally got my account activated!

After searching around the web for the WDS2 Hobby Box and info on all the cards, I stumbled across this forum. Pretty happy I found it.

Anywho, Obviously I'm a new member and mainly made a name to talk about the Walking Dead cards, stay up to date when Season 3 will drop, and check out some other card collections I could be interested in.

So far I opened 1 Hobby Box I bought off Ebay, and I also bought 20 Blister Packs (So 40 individual packs) off Ebay. Wish I didn't buy the Blister packs and just wouldve bought another Hobby Box. Didn't realize until after I bought it and opened them all, and stumbled across this forum and read that there's indeed a difference between the Hobby Box packs and the "Retail" packs. I had no idea how terrible the odds were in pulling good stuff. If I did I would've never purchased :/

Aside from the main deck. Out of the blister packs I just pulled a couple pieces to the gold foil puzzle (Missing 3 pieces to finish), and a Rick Bio Card (Which I already had one of from the Hobby Box). Nothing else special from 20 blisters. Selling all my leftover deck cards on Ebay with the Rick Bio. If anyones interested, let me know and I'll post or pm my Ebay handle.

From the Hobby Box I pulled:
Daryl's Autograph
Walker SB01
Walker Wardrobe M31
Ricks Sheriff Uniform White Tee M1
Puzzle Pieces
Bio Cards of Rick, Dale, & Andrea

Just ordered another Hobby Box, so that should be here Monday or Tuesday. Fingers crossed I pull some good stuff
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #2958 (permalink)

Welcome to the forums, good luck on your next box seems like you had a good first one.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #2959 (permalink)

Really lucky today at a comic shop that had only 12 packs left at $3.79 per pack... Hit a season 1 Andrea Auto and a Daryl Green Jeans Relic. Woot!
Old 01-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #2960 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
Really lucky today at a comic shop that had only 12 packs left at $3.79 per pack... Hit a season 1 Andrea Auto and a Daryl Green Jeans Relic. Woot!
Very Nice!

You buy all the packs I take it?

I have two local comic shops here in South Florida. But they seemed to have never received the Season 2 walking dead cards. I called both and they had no clue what I was even talking about. They both responded basically with "Umm, I know we have the Walking Dead Board Game". Closest shop to me told me he didn't expect to get them (I asked two days after release date) since it was just trading cards and not an actual card playing game. So stupid.

So I've had no luck finding them in person. Only on Ebay.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #2961 (permalink)

Finally pulled a sketch today by Tim Proctor

The box also had

M16 Rick's green shirt
M30

autograph A5 of Daryl

SB02
KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #2962 (permalink)

I also got lucky at the Comic Book Shop today, they had 22 packs marked at $3 a piece so I took the lot to see if I could get lucky. Hit a Lori Wardrobe, Carol Autograph, and a pretty nice Shane McCormack sketch of Dale. Not sure if I'll keep the sketch or sell it. Question I have is if I were to sell it, should I do it now or hold it until the season begins again?
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #2963 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I also got lucky at the Comic Book Shop today, they had 22 packs marked at $3 a piece so I took the lot to see if I could get lucky. Hit a Lori Wardrobe, Carol Autograph, and a pretty nice Shane McCormack sketch of Dale. Not sure if I'll keep the sketch or sell it. Question I have is if I were to sell it, should I do it now or hold it until the season begins again?

I'm holding certain stuff of people who are still on the show until the last half starts, that particular character isn't going to have any more TV exposure. At least that's my reasoning.
KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #2964 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
And some knucklehead bid on it too!
Phillyeric21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:54 AM   #2965 (permalink)

So just opened up my second box. Obviously was hoping for a sketch, but other than that I'm happy with what I pulled. Glad I got all different cards that I didn't get in my first box.

Also got one more piece to the gold foil puzzle. Just missing two pieces now that'll I'll probably wind up buying off Ebay.

Pulled a Daryl Auto in my first box, and didn't have a Lori or Daryl Bio card yet. 3 different Shadow Box cards that I didn't receive before. And happy I got a T-Dog wardrobe.

Wish I had money to just blow on a few more boxes, but think this'll be my last Walking Dead box I open. At least for awhile. Wish I could've got 4 boxes off the bat at retail

Last edited by CAS239; 01-07-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #2966 (permalink)

Does anyone have any extra M1 or M23? I am hoping to purchase the pair from someone direct via paypal to avoid feebay. If you just have one or the other let me know what you are looking to get.
Campbelljh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #2967 (permalink)

Has anyone received their redemptions back in the mail yet? I was hoping someone would have posted pics of the front and backs of either the dual auto or triple wardrobe.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #2968 (permalink)

I wanted to post in this forum about a month ago but it took mods 6 weeks to finally activate my account
Old 01-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #2969 (permalink)

Also, will anyone be on the look out for the walking dead dog tags? 10 wardrobe (costume) tags for hobby, 10 for target, and 10 for walmart. There will be 25 trading card size stickers to be found as well. These would equate to the size of the allen ginter minis.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #2970 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbelljh3 View Post
Also, will anyone be on the look out for the walking dead dog tags? 10 wardrobe (costume) tags for hobby, 10 for target, and 10 for walmart. There will be 25 trading card size stickers to be found as well. These would equate to the size of the allen ginter minis.
I'm curious to see what the costume tags look like. When are these coming out?
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #2971 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckycap View Post
I'm curious to see what the costume tags look like. When are these coming out?
Here is a link to check them out...

2012 Bulls I Toy Walking Dead Season 2 Dog Tags Set Info, Boxes, More
Old 01-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #2972 (permalink)

2012 Bulls I Toy Walking Dead Season 2 Dog Tags Set Info, Boxes, More

See this article which shows pics. They should be shipping any day. Only 1000 hobby cases made.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #2973 (permalink)

Quote:
Interesting. Thanks.
Anyone know any dealers selling these right now?
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #2974 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbelljh3 View Post
Has anyone received their redemptions back in the mail yet? I was hoping someone would have posted pics of the front and backs of either the dual auto or triple wardrobe.
Here is a link to Cryptozoic's Facebook page that has photos of the front/back of the triple wardrobe...

The Walking Dead Trading Cards Season 2 | Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckycap View Post
Interesting. Thanks.
Anyone know any dealers selling these right now?
DA Card World is seemingly sold out. Solarfly has them available.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 01-07-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #2975 (permalink)

Most dealers didn't order this product. I ordered my case of 10 about 3 months ago. Again only 100 cases of this product x 10 boxes = 1000 boxes. Not gonna be easy to track down as typically non sport card dealers don't go after unusual stuff like mini or oversized cards.