Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #2976 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Here is a link to Cryptozoic's Facebook page that has photos of the front/back of the triple wardrobe...

The Walking Dead Trading Cards Season 2 | Facebook

DA Card World is seemingly sold out. Solarfly has them available.
You see them on Solarfly? Only Walking Dead items I see on there are two comic binders.

Nice site though. I'm definitely going to bookmark it and check into future purchases. By any chance could you (or anyone else reading this) fill me in on a few other good sites to purchase hobby boxes, cases, etc. Other than BlowoutCards and SolarFly? Here or pm works
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #2977 (permalink)

Earlier today I got an email with a picture of my completed Glebe AP. Interested in seeing what you guys think of it. Sorry for the long read lol but I'd like to tell the story behind it as well.

My first idea was to have multiple characters (like Rick/Shane/Lori as in base card #1) but apparently Crypto didn't like the idea of "collages" of characters because of approval issues or something, and to come up with an idea surrounding just one person (or maybe they foresaw problems getting approval for the card and advised against it; either way, I was a little bummed).

After that, I wanted to do something unique that everyone else wasn't doing. If I wanted a big portrait of Rick's head, I could have just bought one of the other artists' APs on ebay or the majority of the pack-pulled Rick cards on ebay. Even if they are of excellent quality, there's nothing unique about it imo.

I decided to go with one of my favorite kills, when Rick and Shane find a place to drop off that kid, what's his name lol. They get overrun by walkers and some fall on Rick, and he has to put his gun through one of their mouths to shoot the rest on top.

I wasn't sure which point of view I wanted it to be done from and said to do whatever looks best. I was pretty surprised to see they did it from both (from the gun-in-mouth and from overhead).

At first glance, it was kinda hard to see a distinction in the two views, but after looking at it for a bit it really grew on me, and I think it was a brilliant idea (that's why they are the artists and I just gave them an idea to work off of lol).

They were awesome to work with, always in constant communication and keeping me up to date, as well as a quick turnaround for getting the card done. I really can't wait to get it in hand.

If you read all that, thank you very much lol! And here it is:

t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #2978 (permalink)

Pretty cool and neat looking card.

Took me a second to realize the viewpoints in the card as I didn't see the barrel of the gun coming through the back of the head right off the bat.

So you got in contact with an artist and he drew you up a one of a kind sketch? May I ask how much it cost you? (Can PM me if you want)
Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #2979 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
Pretty cool and neat looking card.

Took me a second to realize the viewpoints in the card as I didn't see the barrel of the gun coming through the back of the head right off the bat.

So you got in contact with an artist and he drew you up a one of a kind sketch? May I ask how much it cost you? (Can PM me if you want)
Yep. As part of their compensation, artists are given blank cards on the offical card stock for the set that they are allowed to sell themselves (Artist Proofs). Some choose to sell them to the customer first and allow them to come up with their own ideas (within the themes/characters they are approved to do) and some illustrate the cards first and then sell them on ebay.

I was lucky to get in contact with them early as they only had a limited amount of available cards and they sold fast. I don't think there is a problem with me giving the price because all you had to do was inquire about buying a card from them to get their price. It was $350, which seemed high, but they are popular artists and everyone knew this set would be hot. To put it in perspective, their cards were $150 cheaper than another popular artist I talked to, and I have also seen APs of Rick portraits from other artists on ebay go for $600+.

If you don't care about your sketch being on official card stock, you can ask them if they can make you a personal sketch card (PSC), which should cost less.

Admittedly, this was my first artist proof so I wasn't sure if prices were negotiable. I know it wouldn't have hurt to ask, but I don't think the Glebes had any trouble selling their cards at their asking price and I didn't want to miss out because I was too busy haggling. Overall, it was a good experience, even though I'm not much of an idea guy. It is cool to get something unique you asked for yourself.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #2980 (permalink)

That's pretty damn cool. When you get it can you post the back of it?

$350 is more than what I'd want to pay, but realistically that's not a bad price at all. Especially since it's a personal sketch and done with a scene you specifically requested. Why pay the same price or more if you can get your hands on a custom card with your favorite character or scene..Good pick up.

Good money too from the artists perspective. Wish I was amazingly good at drawing and sketching as some of them are. Spend time doing something you love and making around $350 or more a card. Can't beat that.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #2981 (permalink)

Quote:
That's pretty damn cool. When you get it can you post the back of it?

$350 is more than what I'd want to pay, but realistically that's not a bad price at all. Especially since it's a personal sketch and done with a scene you specifically requested. Why pay the same price or more if you can get your hands on a custom card with your favorite character or scene..Good pick up.

Good money too from the artists perspective. Wish I was amazingly good at drawing and sketching as some of them are. Spend time doing something you love and making around $350 or more a card. Can't beat that.
I'm still fairly new to sketch collecting, but from what I understand artists don't make a lot of money doing cards for sets. They only had a few Artist Proof cards to sell at $350 (5? 10? Don't know the exact number). AND they only did 6 cards for the whole set, not 100, at whatever price the company paid them (not $350). And when you factor in the cost of time, talent, and supplies, they are earning every penny the hard way.

There are quite a few threads on here from people that know the situation better than myself, including "Large company not paying sketch artists?" which includes the fact that a lot of artists don't get paid for many months after doing their work, and sometimes having to badger the company for their payment (This info isn't about Cryptozoic).

The back of the card will be the same as the pack-inserted cards except there will be a sticker on the back to let people know it didn't come from packs.

Last edited by t2554; 01-08-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #2982 (permalink)

Oh yea, I saw that thread. And yea I'm sure for the time it takes and also their sentimental value for the cards, they don't get paid enough as they should.

I mainly was just speaking on the extra outside work they do for individuals..Like personal requests like you made.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #2983 (permalink)

So nobody has pulled and redemeed a redemption yet? I can't believe there aren't any like pics out there (not stock photos from facebook or crypto site) I will share mine when I get next week.
Campbelljh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #2984 (permalink)

Just an fyi, there are 2 WD group breaks currently posted by Houdini, help us fill them up! One is a traditional hit draft, the other is a CHARACTER DRAFT. So something different this time around, should be interesting.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/t...draft-4-a.html

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/t...ter-draft.html
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #2985 (permalink)

i am new to all this, is it worth it for resale value to get these autograph cards or relics graded from BCS?
Peasofcrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #2986 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Just an fyi, there are 2 WD group breaks currently posted by Houdini, help us fill them up! One is a traditional hit draft, the other is a CHARACTER DRAFT. So something different this time around, should be interesting.

This looks interesting, but I'm confused on some things. Could you, or someone else fill me in on this?

As far as the character draft..you pick a spot corresponding to a character number listed in the thread, then put in your money, and you're 100% guaranteed to have all that persons auto, wardrobe, etc?

My question is how is it 100% for sure? Are all cards guaranteed in a case without a doubt? Like 1 case will have all wardrobe, all shadow boxes, etc etc?

The other part, the traditional case break..I have no clue what that is.

I'm learning stuff everyday on this forum.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #2987 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasofcrap View Post
i am new to all this, is it worth it for resale value to get these autograph cards or relics graded from BCS?
havent seen any doing so .. but it might take the prices to an even higher level
im busy w nonhobby stuff .. will get to pms
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #2988 (permalink)

Quote:
This looks interesting, but I'm confused on some things. Could you, or someone else fill me in on this?

As far as the character draft..you pick a spot corresponding to a character number listed in the thread, then put in your money, and you're 100% guaranteed to have all that persons auto, wardrobe, etc?

My question is how is it 100% for sure? Are all cards guaranteed in a case without a doubt? Like 1 case will have all wardrobe, all shadow boxes, etc etc?

The other part, the traditional case break..I have no clue what that is.

I'm learning stuff everyday on this forum.
character draft - alr posted is the possible picks
once all slots paid for .. then randomized ..
from that list -- the lucky #1 picks from that posted list which character stuff they want ... then the #2 winner gets to pick from the remainder based on character

the traditional .. is after randomization, picks from a list of the cards pulled from the case.

nothing guaranteed .. will pay 1st to be in it to play
Old 01-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #2989 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
character draft - alr posted is the possible picks
once all slots paid for .. then randomized ..
from that list -- the lucky #1 picks from that posted list which character stuff they want ... then the #2 winner gets to pick from the remainder based on character

the traditional .. is after randomization, picks from a list of the cards pulled from the case.

nothing guaranteed .. will pay 1st to be in it to play
Ohh ok. Makes sense now. So nothing's guaranteed within the case, but if someone has Daryl in the character draft, EVERYTHING daryl related goes to that person. So they could possibly get multiple autos, multiple wardrobe, etc..just as long as its Daryl then it's there's? I believe that's right. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And with the traditional..after the randomized slots are done, then when chase cards are pulled and all listed, number 1 chooses what they want, then number 2 chooses, and so on? Card by card until their all gone?

If I'm correct on all that, that's pretty damn cool
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #2990 (permalink)

Quote:
Ohh ok. Makes sense now. So nothing's guaranteed within the case, but if someone has Daryl in the character draft, EVERYTHING daryl related goes to that person. So they could possibly get multiple autos, multiple wardrobe, etc..just as long as its Daryl then it's there's? I believe that's right. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And with the traditional..after the randomized slots are done, then when chase cards are pulled and all listed, number 1 chooses what they want, then number 2 chooses, and so on? Card by card until their all gone?

If I'm correct on all that, that's pretty damn cool
i believe i got that correct .. had to, as i signed up .. had to understand before i dove in to the character one.

yes too for the traditional - which ive participated in before.

over all it is a lot cheaper than buying a case .. odds arent that bad. if u end up w a poor pick .. like all walkers or base ... i dont feel it was a waste of a lot of money. some - but not a lot.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:57 AM   #2991 (permalink)

I understand how the payment works, the randomized order by your number after initial choosing. Only thing I don't get I guess is how you pick what you want, and how do you know everything that's available.

Like is it all live video feed, or the host opens everything, then supplies a list (maybe pictures)? So first person has too pick over all, then number 2..

I looked back at the most recent case break

"1 katzky - 1 Shane sketch 1/1
2 jb1981 - 2 Rick sketch 1/1
3 HitDog44 (from GoTribe!!!) - 5 Rick auto"

For the top 3..does this mean katzky got 1 Shane sketch, jb1981 got 2 Rick sketches, and hitdog got 5 Rick autographs?

What I don't get is the picks I guess..like how does jb get two Rick sketches. Why wouldn't hitdog get a Rick sketch as well? Or is it just say you get that one card plus any duplicates? So if there's 4 Rick sketches, you get all 4 with your one pick? If there's 30 Daryl auto's you get all 30?

Pretty sure I answered my question at the end lol. But confirmation would be good. Thinking about joining in on this upcoming case break.

Sorry for all the questions btw
Old 01-09-2013, 05:05 AM   #2992 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to HitDog44

The number in front of the item selected was just a reference # on the 62 different 'hits' that was pulled from that group case break (not the qty). So katzk selected the Shane 1/1 sketch, jb1981 got the Rick 1/1 sketch and then I piced the Rick autograph.

For the top 3..does this mean katzky got 1 Shane sketch, jb1981 got 2 Rick sketches, and hitdog got 5 Rick autographs?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #2993 (permalink)

Quote:
I understand how the payment works, the randomized order by your number after initial choosing. Only thing I don't get I guess is how you pick what you want, and how do you know everything that's available.

Like is it all live video feed, or the host opens everything, then supplies a list (maybe pictures)? So first person has too pick over all, then number 2..

I looked back at the most recent case break

What I don't get is the picks I guess..like how does jb get two Rick sketches. Why wouldn't hitdog get a Rick sketch as well? Or is it just say you get that one card plus any duplicates? So if there's 4 Rick sketches, you get all 4 with your one pick? If there's 30 Daryl auto's you get all 30?

Pretty sure I answered my question at the end lol. But confirmation would be good. Thinking about joining in on this upcoming case break.

Sorry for all the questions btw
The break is done live, then the host provides a list of all the hits as well as pictures. Then each person goes in the order that is determined by the randoming and drafts the card he wants of the ones that are left. But when the host provides the list of hits, he puts them in order of how he expects them to be drafted. And if someone doesn't draft quickly enough (you get an hour to choose after the previous pick), then you "autodraft" the highest number pick left.

In the draft above, the Shane sketch was the best card in the case and was listed number 1, and was taken with the first pick. The Rick sketch was the 2nd best card, and was taken with the second pick. The Andrew Lincoln autograph was actually listed number 5, but was taken with the third pick. That's because there were 4 cards that were worth roughly the same amount (Walker sketch, Season 1 Laurie Holden autograph, Andrew Lincoln autograph, and Norman Reedus autograph).

Sometimes a lower valued card is picked earlier in the draft then it should be, because someone needs it for a set, or because it's of their favorite character. That's the cool part of the draft, you get the card you want. You just hope that one of the cards you really want is available when your pick comes up.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #2994 (permalink)

Awesome, thanks for the responses guys.

And thanks Aggie on that breakdown. I was wondering if the numbers were the predicted draft order by the host, or if there was an actual hit list of everything and odds of pulling, etc.

Makes sense. Depending on how long it takes to fill up..Say another couple days, I'll probably sign up. Seems like a win for everyone for the most part
Old 01-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #2995 (permalink)

even if you get in on a case hit break.... you're likely to come away at least with a shadowbox or a box of base. I just got a box of base in my last WD break I joined, and am happy with that (even though would have been great with an auto ). I'm going to try putting the base set together with what I get and what I have.
It's def. worth joining (if nothing join the regular hit break)... It's also pretty daggum fun.
RtdRSuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #2996 (permalink)

Default Binders

Any update on binders release. I hope Crypto makes it worth are wait with relic card. Does anybody know what relic card will come with binders?
Phillyeric21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #2997 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyeric21 View Post
Any update on binders release. I hope Crypto makes it worth are wait with relic card. Does anybody know what relic card will come with binders?
I'm hoping I can get a binder for closer to retail, which is $30. Most sites have them for around $75 preorder. Their scheduled to come out Feb 7th. And as far as the card included, Miranda from Cryptozoic said the card will be Blue Bus Walker Uniform, Card number 33. She added "I think this will be a fun card to collect as there should be a lot of variants out there due to the different colors and fabrics on the uniform"

There's also only about 1,000 binders made for season 2

Last edited by CAS239; 01-09-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #2998 (permalink)

Hey guys, so basically like many, I've become addicted with opening The Walking Dead Season 2. I'm looking to get another case to break...so I'm selling off all of my autos and some of my wardrobes. Not really sure what the value is but I really hope to collect close to the funds I need. Any thoughts on my price? Also, if anyone on this board has a sealed case...I would be willing to give a fair trade, certainly willing to work with anyone who is willing to help me out.

The Walking Dead Season 2 Cards Autograph Wardrobe Collection 14 Base Sets | eBay

Again, if anyone has a sealed Walking Dead Season 2 case available, that you'd be willing to trade & perhaps sell for part cash via Paypal as well, please contact me!
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #2999 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RtdRSuperstar View Post
even if you get in on a case hit break.... you're likely to come away at least with a shadowbox or a box of base. I just got a box of base in my last WD break I joined, and am happy with that (even though would have been great with an auto ). I'm going to try putting the base set together with what I get and what I have.
It's def. worth joining (if nothing join the regular hit break)... It's also pretty daggum fun.
That's the only thing I really wouldn't want to happen is coming away with just a base set. Since I bought two hobby boxes and a bunch of blister packs, I have a full base set in my collection. And also have another almost two full base sets with multiple duplicates and a few bio cards that I'm in the process of selling.

Might have to sign up for two spots just to be safe
Old 01-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #3000 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
Hey guys, so basically like many, I've become addicted with opening The Walking Dead Season 2. I'm looking to get another case to break...so I'm selling off all of my autos and some of my wardrobes. Not really sure what the value is but I really hope to collect close to the funds I need. Any thoughts on my price? Also, if anyone on this board has a sealed case...I would be willing to give a fair trade, certainly willing to work with anyone who is willing to help me out.

The Walking Dead Season 2 Cards Autograph Wardrobe Collection 14 Base Sets | eBay

Again, if anyone has a sealed Walking Dead Season 2 case available, that you'd be willing to trade & perhaps sell for part cash via Paypal as well, please contact me!
If you're selling all your autos and some wardrobes for another case, what do you hope to pull? Just hoping for sketches?

I'm guessing you're looking for sketches to flip and make a profit? Or do you have duplicates of stuff your selling and trying to get a full collection?