Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #3451 (permalink)

so do you guys think it'd be worth buying a box or two of the next release and holding on to it for a moment like now when there's redemptions floating around?
mikeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #3452 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinator View Post
so do you guys think it'd be worth buying a box or two of the next release and holding on to it for a moment like now when there's redemptions floating around?
ummmmm... No !
steveskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #3453 (permalink)

Quote:
Depends whats included in the set.

Season 2 boxes you could get for around $80, now they're at the $150ish mark. I'd break them instead of sitting on for 6+ months to make a little back. They won't get to the value of S1 boxes in my opinion, but you could make an easy $50 a box if you buy at release and hold awhile.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #3454 (permalink)

Quote:
I am skeptical if they do a two part release for S3.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #3455 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
Depends whats included in the set.

Season 2 boxes you could get for around $80, now they're at the $150ish mark. I'd break them instead of sitting on for 6+ months to make a little back. They won't get to the value of S1 boxes in my opinion, but you could make an easy $50 a box if you buy at release and hold awhile.
100% this. Season 1, no one saw being a massive hit. Season 2, everyone saw coming and they were prepared to hoard. From someone that loves this franchise, I hate that the mindset of people (especially sports guys that have no interest in the set) is to buy what's hot and hoard it until the prices go crazy, but even I would have wanted to hold all the Season 1 boxes I opened had I known they would have went up this much.

It remains to be seen how much boxes for S3 will start at with Crypto's distribution changes, but if these distributors engage in similar activity as Blowout did for S2, there won't be much room for growth.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:47 AM   #3456 (permalink)

whats taking so long for season 3 details and pre sell ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #3457 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
100% this. Season 1, no one saw being a massive hit. Season 2, everyone saw coming and they were prepared to hoard. From someone that loves this franchise, I hate that the mindset of people (especially sports guys that have no interest in the set) is to buy what's hot and hoard it until the prices go crazy, but even I would have wanted to hold all the Season 1 boxes I opened had I known they would have went up this much.

It remains to be seen how much boxes for S3 will start at with Crypto's distribution changes, but if these distributors engage in similar activity as Blowout did for S2, there won't be much room for growth.
I honestly just got into the hobby mainly because of the cool new Star Wars products. I'm by no means a guy who buys random boxes to rip and sell, or to hoard and resell later. Just thought it may be worth a gamble on this and I could use the profit to buy more boxes of what I collect.
mikeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #3458 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
whats taking so long for season 3 details and pre sell ?
Not sure, this time last year I remember having put in a pre-order already. Not even sure how much product I'll be able to get my hands on this year :\
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #3459 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
Not sure, this time last year I remember having put in a pre-order already. Not even sure how much product I'll be able to get my hands on this year :\
Yeah, quite a shame that we haven't heard any details. Is there some type of convention coming up for Cryptozoic where they will possibly reveal the contents of The Walking Dead Season 3 and perhaps some of their other upcoming sets? Just seems like they are later with news this year in retrospect to Seasons 1 & 2. Just too much anticipation building up here to at least know something.
icancu202 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:46 PM   #3460 (permalink)

Well, they are putting out a lot more sets this year than last, and they tend to release the information in order, so I think we are still at least a couple of months away from hearing anything about Season 3. Especially since there are 3 sets coming out in the next couple of months (Psych, Revenge, DC Women of Legend), and they haven't released any information on those sets yet.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #3461 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Well, they are putting out a lot more sets this year than last, and they tend to release the information in order, so I think we are still at least a couple of months away from hearing anything about Season 3. Especially since there are 3 sets coming out in the next couple of months (Psych, Revenge, DC Women of Legend), and they haven't released any information on those sets yet.
Don't forget The Hobbit as well. Information should be forthcoming. I really hope they are not considering the two part set like I have heard much of recently, don't get too greedy Crypto and run this into the ground.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #3462 (permalink)

So, I was browsing eBay listings today for the hell of it and came across the Jon Bernthal S2 autographs (active/completed). Is it me or just about every signature of his is either over or covering a part of "The Walking Dead" at the bottom of the card and not in the area for a signature. As well as him signing his initials, JB or JBL, this S2 release. Compared to his signature for S1, where he signed his full first name and sometimes full last name or BL. It just seems like he took his time the first go around. Also, seems like the S1 autographs were sharp and the S2 are more thick like a dull marker.

Could be that he signed more for the S2 release though as opposed to S1. I don't know just something that was bothering me, maybe I am being too picky.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #3463 (permalink)

Wouldn't be the first time someone's autograph has gotten lazier the deeper into it...
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #3464 (permalink)

Look at Laurie Holdens X Files autos then the WD autos... big difference on laziness of signature. Ive always heard often times the more famous someone gets the sloppier their signature gets.

I have an Andrea season one auto which mustve been one of the very first ones she signed because it has her full signature, not just L- H-. I assume she realized quickly signing 1000 cards was going to suck if she wrote out her name on each one.
kapz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #3465 (permalink)

So I still have my glenn and Maggie dual auto redemption, does anyone need it to complete their set?

Last edited by creamybeige; 08-02-2013 at 04:27 PM.
creamybeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #3466 (permalink)

Sent you a private message.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #3467 (permalink)

How much for the dual auto?
kapz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #3468 (permalink)

super lazy.. finally sent in my s2 redemption

sysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:47 PM   #3469 (permalink)

I finally completed my master set:

I have an extra redemption R50 not redeemed in my collection.

Can't wait for Season 3.
Archifou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #3470 (permalink)

Why would you keep an unredeemed redemption? I can see if crypto said no when you tried to redeem it. But they still accept expired redemption cards.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:31 PM   #3471 (permalink)

And I hate to say it, but your set is not a master set. A master set would have 1 sketch card from each of the 23 artists.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #3472 (permalink)

It's relative regarding master set trough the eye of the collector.

To me it's a master set when containing all cards with different design cards. The sketch car is same design but with a different image draw on the from that's it.

At least in my case I consider myself having a master set with the 2 oversized cards.

I keep the redemption card R50 for now but it's doesn't mean I will not sale/trade for a redemption card from S3.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:44 PM   #3473 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archifou View Post
It's relative regarding master set trough the eye of the collector.

To me it's a master set when containing all cards with different design cards. The sketch car is same design but with a different image draw on the from that's it.

At least in my case I consider myself having a master set with the 2 oversized cards.

I keep the redemption card R50 for now but it's doesn't mean I will not sale/trade for a redemption card from S3.
Still not a master set without sketch cards from all 23 artists, just sayin. Sketch artists vary in style, quality and mediums. So each is different.

BTW, welcome to the forum
Old 03-03-2014, 09:15 PM   #3474 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
Still not a master set without sketch cards from all 23 artists, just sayin. Sketch artists vary in style, quality and mediums. So each is different.

BTW, welcome to the forum
Thanks The Beast!
Old 03-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #3475 (permalink)

Were you the one who won that Maggie/Glenn redemption on eBay in the last week?