Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #326 (permalink)
Banned

An increase in wax is likely. With at least 14 different autos, they have the material to do so.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #327 (permalink)

Digitalheroes did have cases in early august at 725$ and limit 1 per customer and had binders then for 28 and 2 per customer that where I ordered.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #328 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Digitalheroes did have cases in early august at 725$ and limit 1 per customer and had binders then for 28 and 2 per customer that where I ordered.
they had to rescind that offer though and anyone who bought a case is allocated to three boxes now.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #329 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

So far I have 5 Binders, 1 Case, 15 loose boxes guaranteed. I was originally hoping for at least 10 cases but that is going to be TOUGH.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #330 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
An increase in wax is likely. With at least 14 different autos, they have the material to do so.
it isn't likely - it's 100% definite.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #331 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan86 View Post
So far I have 5 Binders, 1 Case, 15 loose boxes guaranteed. I was originally hoping for at least 10 cases but that is going to be TOUGH.
that isn't bad though.

i have three cases from solarfly pre-ordered. i am confident he will come through.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #332 (permalink)

It is frustrating that the Distributor price is 630-660 a case. Blowout and others usually list at around $725-775 for the rarer products. This time around they are going to list a lot higher and there price did not go up.
I know it is a money making business but it sucks for most.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #333 (permalink)

Well its going to be interesting when blowout comes out with their product
Old 09-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #334 (permalink)

As of 11:20 AM word from Dan at Blowout is no information from cryptozoic on allocations yet.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #335 (permalink)

Quote:
It is frustrating that the Distributor price is 630-660 a case. Blowout and others usually list at around $725-775 for the rarer products. This time around they are going to list a lot higher and there price did not go up.
I know it is a money making business but it sucks for most.
Well if you know there's guaranteed money in the bucket there's no reason to short yourself. I understand the business side of it unfortunately.

Haven't heard back from Solarfly either, but e-mailed them last night to see what the news is. Hopefully I still get a case... I really wanted a shot at an artist sketch card.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #336 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
Well if you know there's guaranteed money in the bucket there's no reason to short yourself. I understand the business side of it unfortunately.

Haven't heard back from Solarfly either, but e-mailed them last night to see what the news is. Hopefully I still get a case... I really wanted a shot at an artist sketch card.
That is why I want cases and not go this limited amount of boxes per customer stuff, sketches. So far it has been tough to find case pre-orders beside solar awhile back.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-05-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #337 (permalink)

I noticed some sites are listing a release date of [October 5th]. Is this the actual date? Or is it all just speculation?

Last edited by icancu202; 09-05-2012 at 02:48 PM.
icancu202 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #338 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
I noticed some sites are listing a release date of [October 5th]. Is this the actual date? Or is it all just speculation?
it's the targeted date by crypto but i doubt very much they will get it out then.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #339 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
it's the targeted date by crypto but i doubt very much they will get it out then.
When do you suppose/think it will be released? Personally, I hope it has a later release date...that way I can save up more.

Also, did they have a similar projected release date for Season 1...and then it ended up being released months later in December?
Old 09-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #340 (permalink)

I never saw a projected release date for S1 other than Dec. 14th. I am thinking S2 will be around the same time especially having all these autographs in this set. I don't see them getting them all back in time to produce the product insert the relics and get the product out by October 5th or 31st.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #341 (permalink)

Quote:
I never saw a projected release date for S1 other than Dec. 14th. I am thinking S2 will be around the same time especially having all these autographs in this set. I don't see them getting them all back in time to produce the product insert the relics and get the product out by October 5th or 31st.
They usually already have the other cards produced by now. They are just waiting on the rest of the Autos I am sure. They could be out in late Oct or Early Novemeber if they get the rest of Autos.
The Autos they have listed are already in house and ready.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #342 (permalink)

Quote:
If it's released in December...that would be a blessing. I'd be able to afford 2 cases then, surely hoping that I would be able to complete a set for myself of all the autographs and hopefully some nice variants of the wardrobes. I would then sell off duplicates to recuperate some of the money I spent. Question is...what are the chances that this set is released in October? Makes me wonder.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #343 (permalink)

Quote:
They usually already have the other cards produced by now. They are just waiting on the rest of the Autos I am sure. They could be out in late Oct or Early Novemeber if they get the rest of Autos.
The Autos they have listed are already in house and ready.
I figured they had all the other cards ready to go I meant inserting the autos and sketches into the boxes and cases accordingly assuming they get them all in a timely manner, I just hope things don't go like A3 and A4 did last year that would be a disaster to have holes in this set as well.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-05-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #344 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
If it's released in December...that would be a blessing. I'd be able to afford 2 cases then
The hard part will be finding them!

Quote:
I just hope things don't go like A3 and A4 did last year that would be a disaster to have holes in this set as well.
With the auto lineup for Season 2 being what it is already, I don't think many people will mind the numbering. I certainly wouldn't call it a disaster. Does it suck for completists? Sure, but there's not a whole lot you can do when you're at the mercy of the celebrity with 1,000's of dealers and collectors breathing down your neck to release the cards.

This is why many companies won't number auto sets 1, 2, 3, etc. any more, because they can't guarantee they'll get all the autos back in time. So it's safer to name something WD-AL. If it ever goes un-inserted, nobody will ever know it was even supposed to exist.

Kudos to Cryptozoic for using conventional numbering - it shows they're doing all they can to complete the sets. It must have killed them to have to release Season 1 missing A3 and A4, but you get to a point where you can't delay the set any more.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #345 (permalink)

I've been checking this thread for a few weeks. I just contacted all of the stores listed in Georgia on the Crypto site and they're all saying that all of their preorder boxes are sold out and allocations were very slim...with some of them only getting 1-2 boxes when they ordered multiple cases.
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #346 (permalink)

Quote:
As of 11:20 AM word from Dan at Blowout is no information from cryptozoic on allocations yet.
Interesting - other distributors have got their allocations already, what hasn't BO?
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #347 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Interesting - other distributors have got their allocations already, what hasn't BO?
Yeah, everyone I have talked to knows their allocations. Odd.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #348 (permalink)

I tried placing an order with Digital Heroes for one binder today...and when my card wouldn't be accepted as a payment when I went to checkout, I made a phone call. Basically, I was told that you had to order a binder AND a box in order for it to work. I ended the call there and thought about it for a few hours...and I just found out that the binders are now sold out. :-/

Called Digital Heroes again and asked how many boxes they had left to sell and the person on the phone said just 5. Upon hearing that, I had to place an order for one...which is now the maximum you can buy. He also said that the demand is much higher than they expected and that they sold over 50 binders just this morning.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #349 (permalink)

Not surprising because Dave and Adam's had no information on binders, and I don't know what's going on with Blowout and their allocation issues but it doesn't sound good if it is true they have no word yet.

It is funny Crypto rep posts and are now known to be following these threads and posts in the Blowout forums and Blowout doesn't receive allocations.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-05-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #350 (permalink)

I just picked up an extra 3 boxes at 89.95 each.. yikes! What am I CRA-ZEE?!!
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote