Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #476 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Exactly - and this is funny because I was JUST telling my wife last night that WD is the first product I have ever seen where non-trading card people want a piece of the product! It is transcending the trading card market.
That happened with Inkworks' Twilight set. Twilight collectors, not card collectors, bought up everything they could get their hands on.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #477 (permalink)

I can't speak for the entire market so I apologize if I came off that way. I can only go by what I see locally around me and that's what I've been seeing with non-sports cards. I didn't mean to step on any toes if I did, just wanted to share what I've been seeing. I think that this will all be worth it if everyone on here is taken care of one way or the other. Come that day the set is released we can all share our joy of this hobby and the show together I hope. That'll make all this trouble worth it in my opinion.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #478 (permalink)

I hope so too brobocop
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #479 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
Wow, some of the most off base comments about a card company that I have ever seen. CZ has stated that they want to be very careful when raising production as to not produce a watered down product that will hold no value.

As to dropping autos to one a box, that would make the product less desirable. Doubling the sketch count as well as increasing production? Sure, if you want to get lower quality sketches (IF you could get the images approved) as your 1-2 per case hit.

Comparing the company which has been churning out hit product after hit product with "Dick" McWilliam and his illegal tactics is simply moronic, especially when they are passing up on more money to keep the products limited and collectable.
"Again, I made the mistake that CZE was a company that actually cared about collectors and made products that people wanted, all while making a profit that they do deserve. This tells me that they just want to F*** with people with a big smirk on their faces."

Seriously Madbacker? You want to know what the Walking Dead cards would be like if Rittenhouse produced them?? Over flooded, and tanking in price, just like Game of thrones/True Blood did. I like Ritten as much as the next collector, but seriously majority of their cards are not "collectible" in any sense of the word. I waited 3 weeks for True blood to tank, and scooped up 90% of the autos for $5 a piece. I have a master set that cost me $600-700 now. I still like their cards, but seriously.

Maybe I'm in the minority though. I love most of crypto's products. The ONLY problem Cryptozoic has faced, and admitted, is their "collation". Collation for Fringe and Vampire Diaries are awful. Thankfully Season 1 of W.D. was very good. I hope it's as good for season 2.

Last edited by Cujobyte; 09-07-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #480 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
"Again, I made the mistake that CZE was a company that actually cared about collectors and made products that people wanted, all while making a profit that they do deserve. This tells me that they just want to F*** with people with a big smirk on their faces."

Seriously Madbacker? You want to know what the Walking Dead cards would be like if Rittenhouse produced them?? Over flooded, and tanking in price, just like Game of thrones/True Blood did. I like Ritten as much as the next collector, but seriously majority of their cards are not "collectible" in any sense of the word. I waited 3 weeks for True blood to tank, and scooped up 90% of the autos for $5 a piece. I have a master set that cost me $600-700 now. I still like their cards, but seriously.

Maybe I'm in the minority though. I love most of crypto's products. The ONLY problem Cryptozoic has faced, and admitted, is their allocations. Allocations for Fringe and Vampire Diaries are awful. Thankfully Season 1 of W.D. was very good. I hope it's as good for season 2.
Nick - did you mean to type "collations" instead of "allocations?" Because there was nothing wrong with allocations at all with those products, but plenty wrong with collations (as well as for Smallville too).
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #481 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Nick - did you mean to type "collations" instead of "allocations?" Because there was nothing wrong with allocations at all with those products, but plenty wrong with collations (as well as for Smallville too).
Oops...yes meant to "edit" that. Sorry! Yes collation. See, this is why I shouldn't read the boards when busy at work lol.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #482 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Maybe I'm in the minority though. I love most of crypto's products. The ONLY problem Cryptozoic has faced, and admitted, is their "collation". Collation for Fringe and Vampire Diaries are awful. Thankfully Season 1 of W.D. was very good. I hope it's as good for season 2.
You shouldn't care about the value if you're merely a collector.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #483 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I really don't, hence why I have 80 sketches of the Walking Dead comic cards. I do care when a product is $150 one week, and 10 days later is $50, like so many of the autographs that came out from True Blood and Game of Thrones.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #484 (permalink)

Quote:
So, as a collector, you would not care if your Season 1 Rick patch dropped down to $450 overnight? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #485 (permalink)

Quote:
So, as a collector, you would not care if your Season 1 Rick patch dropped down to $450 overnight? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
This. I am collector through and through....however, it makes me that much more of a collector when I know the product I love to collect is highly sought after and worth some good $$$.
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #486 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I've decided to keep it (for now). It wouldn't be any different than all those Tom Brady rookies I decided to keep until after the "perfect" season.

It happens. Stuff goes up, it goes down. Oo-bla-dee, oo-bla-da life goes on.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #487 (permalink)

Quote:
Oo-bla-dee, oo-bla-da life goes on.
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on, brah!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #488 (permalink)

Indy!! Get back to the Comic section!
killerturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #489 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerturtle View Post
Indy!! Get back to the Comic section!
LOL! Okay dad!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #490 (permalink)

I hope we can get off the pre-order madness soon enough.

I wonder if Miranda/anyone at Cryptozoic can let us know when to expect a preview/update on the wardrobe cards/redemptions/etc.

Around the time of the first release, I also enjoyed going around to the Scoundrel/Deviant Art pages of the various artists to get a look at their work. I wonder when they will be allowed to start showing off their work for the set?
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #491 (permalink)

Quote:
I've decided to keep it (for now). It wouldn't be any different than all those Tom Brady rookies I decided to keep until after the "perfect" season.

It happens. Stuff goes up, it goes down. Oo-bla-dee, oo-bla-da life goes on.
But you only decided to keep it because you think you can get more for it later...a true COLLECTOR would not part with it at all.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #492 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
But you only decided to keep it because you think you can get more for it later...a true COLLECTOR would not part with it at all.
Says you. If I do sell it then you have an argument. Right now your argument is moot.

This all boils over from frustration. That, no matter what, the collectors will never be able to get ahead. BO and other retailers holding back product and then slapping it with a 2X MSRP is the same as the Toys R Us employee who goes through all the figures before putting them on the shelves.

Last edited by The Madbacker; 09-07-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #493 (permalink)

Don't worry Monday will come around and BO will push back their own release date until the week after all at our expense.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:07 AM   #494 (permalink)

Well, I hope everyone gets a chance at this at a fair price. Am I the only one who purchased from the "other" site at $89.99 a box? Yes that seems high. BUT retail is supposed to be $84.99 on this product. Just curious. I think in two months time, the $89.99 will sound like a bargain.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #495 (permalink)

I passed on the "other" site.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #496 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, I hope everyone gets a chance at this at a fair price. Am I the only one who purchased from the "other" site at $89.99 a box? Yes that seems high. BUT retail is supposed to be $84.99 on this product. Just curious. I think in two months time, the $89.99 will sound like a bargain.
Granted I only ordered two boxes ('supposed' to be getting two more from Sci-Fi Genre), I told myself whoever put it out first between DA and Blowout will get my money. I buy from both of them pretty evenly and they are always comparable on prices for the things I buy. I completely agree with you about the price. I was hesitant to buy at $89.99 at first because it did seem high to start at, but we all know these boxes will skyrocket once they are sold out at retailers and the re-sellers/hoarders start flipping them on ebay.

To me there was no reason to wait for Blowout and risk getting shut out. There is absolutely no reason why they would come in at a lower price, if anything they can come in higher than that and still sell out.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #497 (permalink)

Quote:
I grabbed three boxes. I have three other ordered somewhere else, but they are supposed to be guaranted but who knows. I need to stop, but when blowout puts up their boxes ill probably crack and buy more
Old 09-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #498 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
I passed on the "other" site.
I'm curious as to why you would pass? Because you think B.O may offer it at a lower price?

Granted D&A did sell out pretty quickly, so if you did not even know it went on sale, can't blame you there. If you knew it was for sale though, and passed thinking you could get it at a cheaper price, then I think you made a mistake. Time will tell though.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #499 (permalink)

I was aware of D&A as soon as it was listed. Not too worried about the price here it isn't going to be cheaper here at BO so it is what it is. There isn't much time when I am not on or near a computer honestly, pretty much constantly. I passed because I am not too interested in boxes but more so in case form. I am taking the chance BO will have them available if not I have a few LCS's that will be getting some product that I can snatch up.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-08-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #500 (permalink)

Quote:
No, you're not the only one.