Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #576 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
Did they send you an e-mail about their allocations? I haven't e-mailed them recently other than last week about it but I'm worried I won't be getting half of what I ordered.

I just think that it's ridiculous to accept pre-orders and then not be able to deliver on them. I mean it just really makes me question continuing with collecting if I'm just going to be shelling out more money to do what I found to be fun.

If the numbers keep going up but the supply doesn't change then there's not a whole lot else I can do about it.
I agree - especially with the pre-sell guarantee they have! SolarFly told me that if I find a case available somewhere that I should grab it. They said that they were going to be cut but they are trying to bring in additional product now. They also said that they are still working out final numbers. That was on Monday. No new updates yet.

Last edited by Danni1185; 09-12-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #577 (permalink)

wow , complete madness . i dont ever think i have ever seen it this crazy for even a sports product .

a certain other site still till this day has not put up pre orders on 2012 topps chrome football , when i asked they give me the same responses they been giving people about the walking dead product .

Last edited by mma138; 09-12-2012 at 09:15 AM.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #578 (permalink)

all i know is if the local shop gets some im buying all of them first thing in the morning .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #579 (permalink)

At 900 Id take multiple cases without hesitating.

Has BO listed their boxes yet?
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #580 (permalink)

I have been quoted some INSANE prices (Well over $1500) for cases! At $900 you better jump fast.
killerturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #581 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
I cannot imagine S3 prices right now

I've heard rumors that release for S2 has been pushed to November, source is very trustworthy though.

Anyone see anything about a promo P2 card out there or how many promos will be released for this set?
Season 2 will always be the set that people want. First Rick, first Lori, first and only DeMunn, Reedus and Bernthal. S1 will be hot because it was the first one.

No future WD release will ever touch this one.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #582 (permalink)

There will be other firsts I believe of major characters that have yet to come that will drive the price of the product I am sure. Also, I believe that the show in general and its following will have a hand in it as well.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #583 (permalink)

The Season 3 set could bring the first autographs for Michonne and the Govenor. Two fan favorite Walking Dead characters.
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #584 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1185 View Post
I agree - especially with the pre-sell guarantee they have! SolarFly told me that if I find a case available somewhere that I should grab it. They said that they were going to be cut but they are trying to bring in additional product now. They also said that they are still working out final numbers. That was on Monday. No new updates yet.
Yeah that just concerns me in every way possible. I'm honestly going to be happy if I just get to crack a couple boxes of S2 product at this point.

For S3 I'm still going to be interested but I'm already turned off at the idea that I might have to end up paying 3 times more than that for a chance at the 3rd season.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #585 (permalink)

Hmmmmm....I just got an e-mail from a local comic shop. I asked them if they would have any boxes and he just replied yes and the cutoff for him to order from Cryptozoic is this afternoon. So maybe tomorrow we will have some answers on cases and boxes.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #586 (permalink)

Quote:
Hmmmmm....I just got an e-mail from a local comic shop. I asked them if they would have any boxes and he just replied yes and the cutoff for him to order from Cryptozoic is this afternoon. So maybe tomorrow we will have some answers on cases and boxes.
I'm willing to bet that it's not Cryptozoic he is ordering from (unless he stated that specifically), but Diamond Distribution.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #587 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I'm willing to bet that it's not Cryptozoic he is ordering from (unless he stated that specifically), but Diamond Distribution.
That is possible. I didn't ask specifically so that may be the case.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #588 (permalink)
Banned

Well, I'm happy with 2 cases (more once I get the numbers from SolarFly). I was prepared to spend 2K+ on a Master Set. Now, I'm spending 2K and I should get a Master Set (hopefully) with plenty of extras to make some back on.

Good luck to all.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #589 (permalink)

Hopefully is right with all these different autographs wonder what the breaks will look like. Keep the double count low.

Speaking of autographs looks like Cryptozoic aren't getting them back too fast since they haven't posted in 8 days. If the target release date was beginning of October I would think they would have given the signers a return date around now if not earlier.

Looks like BO is holding out and not going to list their product for awhile...

I guess Solar is trying to get their ducks in a row on this one since no one has heard much information about their pre-orders...
Old 09-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #590 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Hopefully is right with all these different autographs wonder what the breaks will look like. Keep the double count low.

Speaking of autographs looks like Cryptozoic aren't getting them back too fast since they haven't posted in 8 days. If the target release date was beginning of October I would think they would have given the signers a return date around now if not earlier.

Looks like BO is holding out and not going to list their product for awhile...

I guess Solar is trying to get their ducks in a row on this one since no one has heard much information about their pre-orders...
Matt from SolarFly called me almost 2 weeks ago. I wouldn't expect a final number from him until the beginning/middle of October.

BO....whatever. Yeah, this stuff is rare/we don't know how much we'll have.

I have a feeling they'll have plenty at $150/box, $1600/case. Probably as much as they can sell and then some.

Last edited by The Madbacker; 09-12-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #591 (permalink)

Cryptozoic told me that they will be selling boxes in their online store before the release date and there will be a limit per customer. No word on the price, but I have a feeling it might be $84/box just like the others in their online store. Maybe some of us can pick up a couple boxes that way.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #592 (permalink)

Quote:
Cryptozoic told me that they will be selling boxes in their online store before the release date and there will be a limit per customer. No word on the price, but I have a feeling it might be $84/box just like the others in their online store. Maybe some of us can pick up a couple boxes that way.
Good to know thanks for the info. Limit 6 I would bet.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #593 (permalink)

So I was browsing Scoundrel (like I do every couple of days) and came across this post the Glebes made.... HOLY CRAP!

Not even posted on the Cryptozoic website yet. All I can say is I'm glad I secured an AP.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #594 (permalink)

Wow, that sketch card is incredible! Certainly my favorite of the ones shown thus far. They really upped their game for this season...because to be quite honest, these sketch cards look so much better than Season 1.
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #595 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
Wow, that sketch card is incredible! Certainly my favorite of the ones shown thus far. They really upped their game for this season...because to be quite honest, these sketch cards look so much better than Season 1.
Absolutely! This is what I'm in it for. Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of awesome sketches I would have loved to have from Season 1 (most of them I never saw up for sale/pulled though), but they added some great artists and, overall, the work looks like much higher quality. And it looks like Cryptozoic/the show allowed more characters to be done, which is great.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #596 (permalink)

That sketch and the Shane sketch are hands down the best sketches yet to be seen.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-13-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #597 (permalink)
Tim

I just bought their last AP.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #598 (permalink)

What does AP stand for? Also, Blowout said that presells would be up for boxes...that was a few days ago. Wonder why they never put them up when they said they would. Hmmm..
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #599 (permalink)

Quote:
What does AP stand for? Also, Blowout said that presells would be up for boxes...that was a few days ago. Wonder why they never put them up when they said they would. Hmmm..
AP stands for Artist Proof. Hopefully BO will give a definite word about when they will make their boxes available. It's awful to see all this uncertainty when it can be easily sorted
Portlaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #600 (permalink)

Quote:
Artist proof. As part of their compensation, artists receive a number of blank sketch cards they can create whatever they want (well there are conditions like who they can and can't portray) and sell it or put it up for commission. Personally, this is my first one. I don't have any ideas of what I want them to do at the moment, but obviously they'll have all the artistic freedom they want to make an awesome card like this one lol.

Last edited by t2554; 09-13-2012 at 05:11 PM.