Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #676 (permalink)

There's some up on eBay now BIN for $110 with free shipping. One of the lowest I've seen.
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #677 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1185 View Post
There's some up on eBay now BIN for $110 with free shipping. One of the lowest I've seen.
Where did you see that? I can't seem to find that listing.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #678 (permalink)

The last one I see sold 9-16 for 110. there are some at 135 right now.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #679 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Where did you see that? I can't seem to find that listing.
Looks like they're all gone now. Item number was: 251153115609
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #680 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1185 View Post
Looks like they're all gone now. Item number was: 251153115609
Hm, interesting that did not show up in completed listings.

Link: WALKING DEAD SEASON 2 TRADING CARD BOX FACTORY SEALED PRE-SALE OCT-31-10 | eBay
Old 09-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #681 (permalink)

As I'm very sympathetic to some of the collectors within these forums, I have to honestly ask what some of you are thinking though? I literally warned you guys to jump on D&A's $89.95 presale price. And a lot of you dismissed it stating they were "greedy".

Now the "average" price jumps to $110, and that gets sold out. Now it looks in the range of $135.

For me, the fun in collecting is the opening (not knowing what you may pull), and then the sorting for a master set. Many of you will now be priced out of opening, mostly because you guys keep on thinking it'll get cheaper. It will not. This set is much better than Season's 1's cards, and those boxes are $150-200 still.

I don't believe new boxes for Season 2 should be where they are at. I believe that you guys should have had a chance at them for retail at least ($84.95-89.95). Perhaps some of you guys will be lucky to do that. I hope so.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #682 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
As I'm very sympathetic to some of the collectors within these forums, I have to honestly ask what some of you are thinking though? I literally warned you guys to jump on D&A's $89.95 presale price. And a lot of you dismissed it stating they were "greedy".

Now the "average" price jumps to $110, and that gets sold out. Now it looks in the range of $135.

For me, the fun in collecting is the opening (not knowing what you may pull), and then the sorting for a master set. Many of you will now be priced out of opening, mostly because you guys keep on thinking it'll get cheaper. It will not. This set is much better than Season's 1's cards, and those boxes are $150-200 still.

I don't believe new boxes for Season 2 should be where they are at. I believe that you guys should have had a chance at them for retail at least ($84.95-89.95). Perhaps some of you guys will be lucky to do that. I hope so.
Some of us may have been thinking that we may have wanted a case or just go the singles route. That's what I'm doing and I in no way regret not jumping on boxes when they came out at $89. If I can't get the cards I can always continue to collect the McFarlane toys which have been doing just as nice as the cards and should also continue to be as collected as the trading cards are.

I wish all the case and box breakers luck and hope that at these current prices, the singles market can continue to support the increase in prices that we have all seen.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #683 (permalink)

Quote:
Some of us may have been thinking that we may have wanted a case or just go the singles route. That's what I'm doing and I in no way regret not jumping on boxes when they came out at $89. If I can't get the cards I can always continue to collect the McFarlane toys which have been doing just as nice as the cards and should also continue to be as collected as the trading cards are.

I wish all the case and box breakers luck and hope that at these current prices, the singles market can continue to support the increase in prices that we have all seen.
Brobocop, you more than anyone I wanted to see get a good price dude. In fact I was asked to cancel a case with the same dealer as seriel's. The condition for me cancelling that case order: "Make sure it goes to a collector".

I don't think it's right, but it's the way it is in regards to prices.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #684 (permalink)

Quote:
Brobocop, you more than anyone I wanted to see get a good price dude. In fact I was asked to cancel a case with the same dealer as seriel's. The condition for me cancelling that case order: "Make sure it goes to a collector".

I don't think it's right, but it's the way it is in regards to prices.
I'm totally cool with it. The money I saved allowed me to buy the Season 2 Collector's Edition blu ray, a full set of the McFarlane toys, and probably even an iPhone 5. I'll still have some money set aside in case a case shows up but I'm just happy to see collector's on here get in on this instead of rip and flippers hogging it up.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #685 (permalink)

Quote:

Quite honestly, I think a lot of people on here are/were 'Blowout fanboys' for some reason, and thought/assumed they would put theirs up shortly and at a similar price. I buy from Blowout and D&A pretty evenly, as they are comparable in price for the things I look for (but love D&A for the gifts they give - pulled a $300 auto out of one). I ordered two boxes from D&A (my dad did as well) and I 'should' have two from Sci-fi Genre. That's about it for me for boxes, I also bought an AP from the Glebes and I'll try my best to get a few nice sketches on ebay, and that's about all I can ask for. I can't justify buying boxes for $150+ each, but that's life. I know I'll at least have one Glebe sketch to ogle over.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #686 (permalink)

Well I hope you get the singles you want for a good price Brobocop, lmk what your looking for I will try to help you out.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #687 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Well I hope you get the singles you want for a good price Brobocop, lmk what your looking for I will try to help you out.
As with everyone else, number one on my list is Andrew Lincoln. Though I wonder if his prices will come down as more and more get listed. I remember waiting about 10 days for a Peter Dinklage autograph and that saved me over $100. So who knows.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #688 (permalink)

I'm late to the scene, but just picked up 3 boxes @ $135 for S&Gs. Love the show--should be fun to open.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #689 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
I'm late to the scene, but just picked up 3 boxes @ $135 for S&Gs. Love the show--should be fun to open.
That seems to be about the going rate. Guys might pop up on Ebay cheaper, but I think you'll see those boxes sell lightning quick.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #690 (permalink)

Quote:
This set is much better than Season's 1's cards, and those boxes are $150-200 still.
Should be interesting to see the S2 box price when the product is finally out with the S1 going for $150-200 now. Not even factoring the higher price when the big redemption was still out there.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #691 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
As with everyone else, number one on my list is Andrew Lincoln. Though I wonder if his prices will come down as more and more get listed. I remember waiting about 10 days for a Peter Dinklage autograph and that saved me over $100. So who knows.
apples and oranges - overproduced rittenhouse auto vs. absurdly in-demand crypto auto that will most definitely not be overproduced
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #692 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
apples and oranges - overproduced rittenhouse auto vs. absurdly in-demand crypto auto that will most definitely not be overproduced
Lincoln and Bernthal, I believe may be SP'd this time around.

Main character and a dead main/supporting character.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-18-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #693 (permalink)

I thought Peter Dinklage was short printed. Maybe most of the others were overproduced but Dinklage was for sure a SP.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #694 (permalink)

Quote:
I thought Peter Dinklage was short printed. Maybe most of the others were overproduced but Dinklage was for sure a SP.
Dinklage was 6 case incentive. I believe about 150 of them were made
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #695 (permalink)

150 seems pretty short printed to me.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #696 (permalink)

Quote:
150 seems pretty short printed to me.
"Hey! Enough with the short jokes" - Tyrion Lannister
Old 09-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #697 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
"Hey! Enough with the short jokes" - Tyrion Lannister
Sorry man, didn't know you had such a short fuse.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #698 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry man, didn't know you had such a short fuse.
You guys should be a little more sensitive.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #699 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
You guys should be a little more sensitive.
If I had a ladder, I'd slap your face!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #700 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
Quite honestly, I think a lot of people on here are/were 'Blowout fanboys' for some reason, and thought/assumed they would put theirs up shortly and at a similar price. I buy from Blowout and D&A pretty evenly, as they are comparable in price for the things I look for (but love D&A for the gifts they give - pulled a $300 auto out of one). I ordered two boxes from D&A (my dad did as well) and I 'should' have two from Sci-fi Genre. That's about it for me for boxes, I also bought an AP from the Glebes and I'll try my best to get a few nice sketches on ebay, and that's about all I can ask for. I can't justify buying boxes for $150+ each, but that's life. I know I'll at least have one Glebe sketch to ogle over.
The bottom line is that you need to get the stuff from wherever you can get it. Being loyal to BO has bitten a lot of people in the ass. BUT, these same people will pony up $150 per box once they start seeing breaks and the Lincoln Auto going for $300+ just to be part of the frenzy.

We're still waiting for 5 or more signers along with the Super Chase (if they have one).
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote