Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #51 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
So, Season one cards are still strong. Anyone see this sale of the master set a couple of days ago? WALKING DEAD CRYPTOZOIC MASTER SET WITH SKETCH | eBay

Almost $2k, and with what I consider a weaker sketch. Not too shabby.
No promos and no Rick Patch. Not a Master set.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:38 AM   #52 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Okay, ordered a case today.
Welcome to the club.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:48 AM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
No promos and no Rick Patch. Not a Master set.
I'd still consider it a master set without the patch. Am I really partaking in this nerd talk? lol j/k
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:07 AM   #54 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I'd still consider it a master set without the patch. Am I really partaking in this nerd talk? lol j/k
OK, I will concede that point but you have to have the Promos.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:23 AM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
John91C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
OK, I will concede that point but you have to have the Promos.
I second this...you have to have the promos.
__________________
Photobucket (not always up to date): http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/John91C/
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
officerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 1,528
Default

Where can you preorder a case?
officerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #57 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by officerp View Post
Where can you preorder a case?
I got mine from Solarflycards.com but I'm impatient and didn't want to wait for others to offer them.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
durstlimpbizkit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I got mine from Solarflycards.com but I'm impatient and didn't want to wait for others to offer them.
I got my case from the same website.

As for that "master" set just selling... that was a pretty weak sketch and with no promos I can't believe someone paid that much.

How much is P3 going for these days? I'm still mad at myself for not jumping on it when it was only $12.00.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
SerialKilnWalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 3,744
Default

the last time a p3 sold on ebay it was for $50
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #60 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
I got my case from the same website.

As for that "master" set just selling... that was a pretty weak sketch and with no promos I can't believe someone paid that much.

How much is P3 going for these days? I'm still mad at myself for not jumping on it when it was only $12.00.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
the last time a p3 sold on ebay it was for $50
P3 has been all over the place, I think I saw it top $100 a few months ago. It's definitely the toughest of the 5 Promos (Dealer Distribution). I was groaning when I paid $18 for it.

Last edited by The Madbacker; 07-14-2012 at 02:51 AM.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
SerialKilnWalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 3,744
Default

$1495 for the master s2? ouch...
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
t2554's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I got mine from Solarflycards.com but I'm impatient and didn't want to wait for others to offer them.
On that site I only see binders, base sets, master sets, mini master, etc. No boxes or cases. Maybe I missed the boat?
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #63 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
On that site I only see binders, base sets, master sets, mini master, etc. No boxes or cases. Maybe I missed the boat?
Yes, I would imagine that he would be out of boxes/cases.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
t2554's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Yes, I would imagine that he would be out of boxes/cases.
I just found the single boxes on the front page but they don't show up in the search, weird.

edit: that's why they don't show up in search, they are indeed sold out. Thanks for posting the page, I guess I'll have to keep an eye on Blowout and the other two main ones.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #65 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
I just found the single boxes on the front page but they don't show up in the search, weird.

edit: that's why they don't show up in search, they are indeed sold out. Thanks for posting the page, I guess I'll have to keep an eye on Blowout and the other two main ones.
Yeah, BO needs to get on the ball with pre-orders. I would've bought from them but didn't want to take the chance of getting shut out.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:57 AM   #66 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
$1495 for the master s2? ouch...
I was looking at that but figured that, for $600 more, I would have the following:

3 Cases, 36 Autos, 72 Wardrobe, tons of inserts and sets to re-sell. Plus parallels (if they have them) and a shot at the Super Chase.

I have to figure that I will get a Master Set from the 3 cases which leaves a difference of that $600. I think that with 18 extra autos and 54 extra wardrobes, I should be able to make a decent amount of profit past the MS cost of $1495.

18 Autos x $30 (avg) = $540
54 Wardrobes x $12 (avg) = $648
30 extra base sets x $10 = $300 (I got 15 sets out of S1 case)
Misc inserts = $150
3 Sketches x $100 (avg) = $300

Total of $1938 (minus fees). If I can get a MS for $300, I will be thrilled. You can't help but make money on this product.

Last edited by The Madbacker; 07-14-2012 at 01:24 AM.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:28 AM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
Brobocop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2,638
Default

I'm pretty sure that after watching the Season 3 trailer this show is going nowhere but up. The trailer was AMAZING! This will be my first case purchase I think as long as Blowout doesn't start them out at incredibly high prices. What should I expect to pay for a case if I were to pay the deposit, say, today?
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:38 AM   #68 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I'm pretty sure that after watching the Season 3 trailer this show is going nowhere but up. The trailer was AMAZING! This will be my first case purchase I think as long as Blowout doesn't start them out at incredibly high prices. What should I expect to pay for a case if I were to pay the deposit, say, today?
We just moved into our new house and don't have TV yet but I managed to find it on the web. Incredible trailer, this show is amazing.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:49 AM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
Brobocop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2,638
Default

I wonder why Blowout has Big Bang Series Two up for pre-order yet Cryptozoic has yet to put it on their page? Meanwhile Cryptozoic has Walking Dead Series Two on their page but Blowout had nothing. This is really odd to me.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:53 AM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
John91C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,447
Default

Just saw it as well...love the ending of the preview! Interesting twist on the way Michonne & Governor meet.
__________________
Photobucket (not always up to date): http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/John91C/
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:42 AM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
officerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 1,528
Default

I don't see the cases anymore just the boxes, so I would assume that they are out for now?
officerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:46 AM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,809
Default

First, why are you surprised that a master set of Season 1 sold for almost 2k? I bet one will sell in Oct for closer to $2500, to take advantage of Season 3 coming out.

Second: You're all under the assumption that Crypto won't allocate again. I know many here aren't collecting the comic cards, so you may not know that box preorders were around 5000-7500 boxes, and they allocated the set at around 2200 boxes, due to (at least what I've read) stricter sketches being allowed into the set. Most dealers orders were cut by 75%. For the record, I don't see that happening to season two, instead they'll most likely up it from 5000 boxes to 7500, as they've announced to BBT seasons 3/4.

But one never knows.

As far as BBT 3/4, seasons 1/2 was JUST released in March (unlike season 1 of WD in Dec), so perhaps they're just trying to space it out a bit more. I'm wondering if the big 5 will resign for season 3/4. I sure hope so, as I sold my master set two weeks ago do to my belief that prices will drop a bit. I may live to regret that decision tho.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #73 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
First, why are you surprised that a master set of Season 1 sold for almost 2k? I bet one will sell in Oct for closer to $2500, to take advantage of Season 3 coming out.

Second: You're all under the assumption that Crypto won't allocate again. I know many here aren't collecting the comic cards, so you may not know that box preorders were around 5000-7500 boxes, and they allocated the set at around 2200 boxes, due to (at least what I've read) stricter sketches being allowed into the set. Most dealers orders were cut by 75%. For the record, I don't see that happening to season two, instead they'll most likely up it from 5000 boxes to 7500, as they've announced to BBT seasons 3/4.

But one never knows.

As far as BBT 3/4, seasons 1/2 was JUST released in March (unlike season 1 of WD in Dec), so perhaps they're just trying to space it out a bit more. I'm wondering if the big 5 will resign for season 3/4. I sure hope so, as I sold my master set two weeks ago do to my belief that prices will drop a bit. I may live to regret that decision tho.
I don't know why they had the entire cast sign for S1/2. Maybe they thought that it wouldn't be so popular and that there wouldn't be a need for S3/4?
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
Brobocop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I don't know why they had the entire cast sign for S1/2. Maybe they thought that it wouldn't be so popular and that there wouldn't be a need for S3/4?
I think they have a lot of potential for signers in the Series Two set. The Greenes, Rick and Lori, Bald Shane. The list goes on and on.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #75 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I think they have a lot of potential for signers in the Series Two set. The Greenes, Rick and Lori, Bald Shane. The list goes on and on.
Sorry, should've been more clear. I was talking about BBT. ^^^^^

I like "Bald Shane" as a potential signer though.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cryptozoic, season, trading cards, walking dead

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports/301194-cryptozoic-walking-dead-season-2-trading-cards-fall-2012-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic - Topic This thread Refback 11-19-2012 07:32 PM
Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic - Topic This thread Refback 11-19-2012 07:24 PM
Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic - Topic This thread Refback 11-19-2012 07:21 PM
Sarah Wayne Callies Autograph Card Confirmed! | Cryptozoic Entertainment This thread Refback 09-04-2012 04:42 PM
Sarah Wayne Callies Autograph Card Confirmed! | Cryptozoic Entertainment This thread Refback 09-04-2012 04:41 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.