Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #826 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

Got my final numbers from distributor today. 39 boxes!!!
Pays to order a lot of Non Sports.
I have a total of 102 boxes and 5 Binders coming in at an ave of $73 a box.
I am sooo happy.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #827 (permalink)

i just locked my case in today for a great price of $100 a box
Old 09-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #828 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan86 View Post
Got my final numbers from distributor today. 39 boxes!!!
Pays to order a lot of Non Sports.
I have a total of 102 boxes and 5 Binders coming in at an ave of $73 a box.
I am sooo happy.
$7500 on Zombies. Somebody loves the dead.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #829 (permalink)
Banned

I doubt we'll be seeing any pre-selling of Season 3.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #830 (permalink)

New multi box lot on feebay

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-21-2012 at 03:23 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #831 (permalink)

Binders up on BO. 100 each
projekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #832 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt View Post
Binders up on BO. 100 each
This is just silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I doubt we'll be seeing any pre-selling of Season 3.
On the contrary, we'll probably see fly-by-night companies popping up when the set is announced, taking money, then going to Rio.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #833 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
This is just silly.

On the contrary, we'll probably see fly-by-night companies popping up when the set is announced, taking money, then going to Rio.
Shhhh. I just created my new ebay name - Mammbear2
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #834 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
New multi case lot on feebay
I didn't see a "multi case" lot, did you mean multi box?

I'll be listing a "case" up on the bay this weekend, we'll see how it goes lol.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #835 (permalink)
Banned

Has anyone stopped to think that the frantic nature of this thread is what caused BO to hold back and then list at 300% mark-up?
Old 09-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #836 (permalink)

Quote:
Has anyone stopped to think that the frantic nature of this thread is what caused BO to hold back and then list at 300% mark-up?
We need to do this to every new product then, we'll soon see how long their "new" business model they're showing here keeps them afloat.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #837 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I didn't see a "multi case" lot, did you mean multi box?

I'll be listing a "case" up on the bay this weekend, we'll see how it goes lol.
Yup meant box sorry haha. Another one listed as well, so a 4 and 6 box lot up.

Good luck on your listing.

Quote:
We need to do this to every new product then, we'll soon see how long their "new" business model they're showing here keeps them afloat.
We should I agree.

The cost for binders are what $30 or so? $100, BO will hit $200 in no time with their increment setup.

Update: 9 binders is the limit per customer.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-21-2012 at 03:33 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #838 (permalink)

Quote:
It does seem hypocritical of us to complain about Blowout holding back orders until prices go up when the guy at the top of this page hoarded 100 boxes for the same reason, to re-sell when the prices get high and to make a killing. Hell, I've thought about selling my handful of boxes. Why should Blowout reflect poorly when a bunch of the people in this thread are doing the same thing?
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #839 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
It does seem hypocritical of us to complain about Blowout holding back orders until prices go up when the guy at the top of this page hoarded 100 boxes for the same reason, to re-sell when the prices get high and to make a killing. Hell, I've thought about selling my handful of boxes. Why should Blowout reflect poorly when a bunch of the people in this thread are doing the same thing?
Boy this post will cause a stir.

In my opinion, at the "distributive level" which Blowout is at, they should not "gauge" customers early on. Meaning, they should have listed boxes at $89.95 or lower to start. I understand perfectly why Chris is doing it the way he is, I just feel it's bad for his business.

Have you noticed blowout's the only one with a full case of season 1 on ebay still? So I'm not surprised by the actions with season two. Just doesn't bode well tho for the "little fish" trying to get a box or two. As someone posted earlier, he better make a good amount of profit on this release, for all the $$ he will lose from customers on other releases.

Again, just my opinion, and don't ban me... lol
Old 09-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #840 (permalink)

Quote:
Wow. I am a hoarder now?
Watch me on Discovery channel in the coming months. I just hope the mice do not chew through my mountain of cases.
Hahahaha
Old 09-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #841 (permalink)

Quote:
I think anything you missed is that Blowout intentionally lied to people when asked about preordering this product over and over. I don't know about this person but I doubt he had dozens of emails asking him when he would put up his boxes for sale and then responding that he had no clue how many he was going to get. I don't fault anyone for reselling these at a high price, I do fault people for intentionally lying about the facts surrounding this release. I see nothing wrong with people hoarding product to resell. I may not like it, but if I don't want to put that kind of money up like he did, I can't complain about it.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #842 (permalink)

Quote:
I think there is some truth to this. But we on this board are a small percentage of the total amount of collectors out there. I think they based it more on how much the Season One boxes shot up at one point. They were selling those at $200+ at one point so they figured let's just sit back and see how this goes, and if anyone asks us if we have any just hide the truth.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #843 (permalink)

Quote:
Wow. I am a hoarder now?
Watch me on Discovery channel in the coming months. I just hope the mice do not chew through my mountain of cases.
Hahahaha
Here are some other words if you don't like that one:

Main Entry: amass
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: gather, accumulate
Synonyms: aggregate, assemble, clean up, collect, compile, corral*, garner, heap*, hoard , lay up, make a killing, make a pile, pile, round up, scare up, stockpile, store
Antonyms: disburse, disperse, dissipate, divide, dole, scatter, spend

I don't understand how what I'm saying is so outrageous... You are acting as the middle man from the producer to the end user, the same as Blowout and other retailers. I don't know if you in particular were one of the people upset with Blowout, I was simply using you ordering 100 boxes to [undoubtedly] re-sell as an example that that is Blowout's function too. I don't know why you're getting all offended when what I'm trying to say is "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I think anything you missed is that Blowout intentionally lied to people when asked about preordering this product over and over. I don't know about this person but I doubt he had dozens of emails asking him when he would put up his boxes for sale and then responding that he had no clue how many he was going to get. I don't fault anyone for reselling these at a high price, I do fault people for intentionally lying about the facts surrounding this release. I see nothing wrong with people hoarding product to resell. I may not like it, but if I don't want to put that kind of money up like he did, I can't complain about it.
I didn't miss that (I've been here from day one too you know) and that's not what I'm commenting on. I'm commenting on being mad at Blowout for holding back for the time when prices are highest, which is what a lot of people in this thread are doing.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #844 (permalink)

Quote:
Here are some other words if you don't like that one:

Main Entry: amass
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: gather, accumulate
Synonyms: aggregate, assemble, clean up, collect, compile, corral*, garner, heap*, hoard , lay up, make a killing, make a pile, pile, round up, scare up, stockpile, store
Antonyms: disburse, disperse, dissipate, divide, dole, scatter, spend

I don't understand how what I'm saying is so outrageous... You are acting as the middle man from the producer to the end user, the same as Blowout and other retailers. I don't know if you in particular were one of the people upset with Blowout, I was simply using you ordering 100 boxes to [undoubtedly] re-sell as an example that that is Blowout's function too. I don't know why you're getting all offended when what I'm trying to say is "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

I didn't miss that (I've been here from day one too you know) and that's not what I'm commenting on. I'm commenting on being mad at Blowout for holding back for the time when prices are highest, which is what a lot of people in this thread are doing.

I guess you missed the sarcasm in my last post.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #845 (permalink)

Quote:
I guess you missed the sarcasm in my last post.
Lol well I thought you were upset with me. I wish I could do what you did, I'm not upset with you or anyone else re-selling boxes for that matter.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #846 (permalink)

Quote:
I guess my point was that it seemed like a lot of people were more angry that they knowingly lied to people and lead them to believe that they would put up the product at a lower price rather than sit on this for a few weeks now. It may have changed to the irritation of how high their price is now at $1,800 a case but overall they were mad about the intentional lying Blowout was doing. Either way, for those that weren't able to get the amount of product they wanted, it just sucks. But since I wasn't able to get my case I have an iPhone 5 right next to me and bought all the new McFarlane Walking Dead toys, so I took my money and did something else with it to make me happy. I just want us to all get along since a lot of us are in the same boat. It doesn't seem like a lot of people out there got what they wanted at the price they were willing to spend. Like I've said many times before, I hope all of you who bought a lot of this product get the returns your looking for because I know a few people who have eaten dog doo doo on the new Topps Triple Threads this year. Or any Topps product this year for that matter.

Last edited by Brobocop; 09-21-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #847 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I guess my point was that it seemed like a lot of people were more angry that they knowingly lied to people and lead them to believe that they would put up the product at a lower price rather than sit on this for a few weeks now. It may have changed to the irritation of how high their price is now at $1,800 a case but overall they were mad about the intentional lying Blowout was doing. Either way, for those that weren't able to get the amount of product they wanted, it just sucks. But since I wasn't able to get my case I have an iPhone 5 right next to me and bought all the new McFarlane Walking Dead toys, so I took my money and did something else with it to make me happy. I just want us to all get along since a lot of us are in the same boat. It doesn't seem like a lot of people out there got what they wanted at the price they were willing to spend. Like I've said many times before, I hope all of you who bought a lot of this product get the returns your looking for because I know a few people who have eaten dog doo doo on the new Topps Triple Threads this year. Or any Topps product this year for that matter.
Triple Threads is doo doo every year and anyone who opens it, looking to make money on the singles, is a complete, tongue-chewing moron.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #848 (permalink)

Quote:
Triple Threads is doo doo every year and anyone who opens it, looking to make money on the singles, is a complete, tongue-chewing moron.
Can't agree more. I cannot fathom paying that kind of money and possibly getting two jersey cards and two autographs of prospect players nobody has ever heard of. It's crazy that last year's boxes are almost $300.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #849 (permalink)

Quote:
Can't agree more. I cannot fathom paying that kind of money and possibly getting two jersey cards and two autographs of prospect players nobody has ever heard of. It's crazy that last year's boxes are almost $300.
I just noticed your ebay bro, you seem to buy/sell quite a few sports stuff huh.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #850 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I just noticed your ebay bro, you seem to buy/sell quite a few sports stuff huh.
Not my eBay, it's the Local Store Owners. My eBay name is Brobocop2. He sells most of the cards I get hence why I linked his name and not mine. I very rarely sell items on eBay.