Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #851 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Boy this post will cause a stir.

In my opinion, at the "distributive level" which Blowout is at, they should not "gauge" customers early on. Meaning, they should have listed boxes at $89.95 or lower to start. I understand perfectly why Chris is doing it the way he is, I just feel it's bad for his business.

Have you noticed blowout's the only one with a full case of season 1 on ebay still? So I'm not surprised by the actions with season two. Just doesn't bode well tho for the "little fish" trying to get a box or two. As someone posted earlier, he better make a good amount of profit on this release, for all the $$ he will lose from customers on other releases.

Again, just my opinion, and don't ban me... lol
I usually spend around 2-3K at the National Sports Collectors Convention at Blowout's booth. Not so sure that will be the case from now on.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #852 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I usually spend around 2-3K at the National Sports Collectors Convention at Blowout's booth. Not so sure that will be the case from now on.
I know that the National was coming to Cleveland sometime in the next year or two, I'm with you. If the world does not end on 12/21/12 and I make it to the National, that will be one booth that I will avoid.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #853 (permalink)

I will say this, if it wasn't for this thread that BO has for free, I would not have been able to get a pre order in. So while a few people knock BO pretty hard in this case, remember that your are on their site and for that I am grateful. I'm sure there are many people that have never directly placed an order but yet use the free services they provide. It goes both ways. Just sayin.
Kodiak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #854 (permalink)

Blogs/Forums are everywhere, threads can me made anywhere, information will get out and can be found elsewhere. BO lying to customers and gouging collectors will have an effect on their future business. So BO may have a free service here but committed a disservice to its customers.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-21-2012 at 08:28 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #855 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak10 View Post
I will say this, if it wasn't for this thread that BO has for free, I would not have been able to get a pre order in. So while a few people knock BO pretty hard in this case, remember that your are on their site and for that I am grateful. I'm sure there are many people that have never directly placed an order but yet use the free services they provide. It goes both ways. Just sayin.
You act like this is would be getting banished from your family, which is kinda pathetic.

The forums are tools to get the users to buy stuff. Contests, "post your breaks here", etc. So, before you act like these forums are offered out of the goodness of their hearts, think about it. Everything is about money.

I'm all for making money but, at 300% plus profit, that's ridiculous.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #856 (permalink)

Sorry for not reading all 30+ pages but has it been mentioned what the premium redemptions will be?
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #857 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Sorry for not reading all 30+ pages but has it been mentioned what the premium redemptions will be?
It has not been announced what it will be, or if there will be one at all.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #858 (permalink)

Got a 2nd case guaranteed today! Woot! Might have to sell it though at these prices, although I'm sure there would be some wiggle room. I like to wiggle.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #859 (permalink)

With the way this has gone, I'm halfway tempted to just take my money and buy a case of Big Bang Theory. Those are still well below $1,000 and they will probably have a ton of good hits. I'm so conflicted.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #860 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
With the way this has gone, I'm halfway tempted to just take my money and buy a case of Big Bang Theory. Those are still well below $1,000 and they will probably have a ton of good hits. I'm so conflicted.
Going to be purchasing that BBT case here............?
Old 09-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #861 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Going to be purchasing that BBT case here............?
On Blowout? No. Way.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #862 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd hurry and secure cases through your contacts. I tried to reorder more cases, and all my dist's are now out, which is why BO's price went up a bit.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #863 (permalink)

Crypto site update. Greg Nicotero is signing! That's an unexpected bonus, in my opinion at least.
projekt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #864 (permalink)

Nicotero is A12 for those of you keeping track at home.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #865 (permalink)

To me it seems like they are waiting until closer to the release date and/or the S3 TV premiere to show us the rest of what we are looking for (base/wardrobe cards, rest of the autos, chase redemptions (please!), etc). I know people in this thread said they are still waiting on some signatures to be returned too.

Nice to see something new, anything new lol.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #866 (permalink)

Looks like they do have walker signatures! Still would like to see more S2 characters i.e. Lauren Cohan (Maggie) or Emily Kinney (Beth).

wds2_auto_a12_-_greg_nicotero_a

A01 - Andrew Lincon
A02 - Jon Bernthal
A03 - Jeffrey DeMunn
A04 -
A05 - Norman Reedus
A06 - Melissa McBride
A07 - Madison Lintz
A08 -
A09 -
A10 - Scott Wilson
A11 - IronE Singleton
A12 - Greg Nicotero
A13 -
A14 - Sarah Wayne Callies

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-24-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #867 (permalink)

That's actually pretty cool. I've got no problem with Nicotero being included because he's one of the biggest reasons why those zombies look so sick to begin with. At this point though additional characters would be preferred... I guess I just like having pages without gaps in them... A3 & A4 missing in S1 still bothers me when I open my binder.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #868 (permalink)

Bothers me as well durstlimpbizkit, I wish Cryptozoic wasn't so quiet about it.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-25-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #869 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
That's actually pretty cool. I've got no problem with Nicotero being included because he's one of the biggest reasons why those zombies look so sick to begin with. At this point though additional characters would be preferred... I guess I just like having pages without gaps in them... A3 & A4 missing in S1 still bothers me when I open my binder.
You really keep spaces open in your binder? There were no A3 and A4 released with Season 1, why would you leave a space for them lol.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #870 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
You really keep spaces open in your binder? There were no A3 and A4 released with Season 1, why would you leave a space for them lol.
In case one day they are released, so that you don't have to go through and move every single card two spots over to accommodate them.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #871 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
I just followed the numbering. Nothing all that complicated... people were talking about it and I'm honestly not surprised if it ever did happen. I mean if they didn't get the cards back on time but some of them got signed... well I mean there's gotta be a template out there for it in some capacity.

Never know... and if it did happen where they got released somehow I'd plug them into those spaces.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #872 (permalink)

BO actually lowered their prices a TINY bit, looks like their product isn't moving like they would have hoped at these generous pre-order prices.

Case - 1749.95
Box - 147.95
Old 09-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #873 (permalink)

I understand the need to make money but an introductory price should not be as high as a market dictated price after the release.

Guess I'm just wondering if they'll lower it again once the people who HAVE to get this with deeper pockets spend themselves into their credit ceiling. I'm sure the people who just buy a box or two here and there won't be participating this time around at these prices.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #874 (permalink)

I just keep wondering if the singles out of this product will be able to support a price point that high for a box or a case. We really have no idea how much an Andrew Lincoln will go for especially if there are a lot of them out there. This will go down as the most interesting release of the year for me in terms of how everything has gone from announcement to the release.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #875 (permalink)

Quote:
I just keep wondering if the singles out of this product will be able to support a price point that high for a box or a case. We really have no idea how much an Andrew Lincoln will go for especially if there are a lot of them out there. This will go down as the most interesting release of the year for me in terms of how everything has gone from announcement to the release.
Not sure, but there are definitely folks who are going to be rabid for Lincoln, especially the fact that I just don't remember a whole hell of a lot of autos out there for him. I just hope that I can get at least half the case I ordered... I'm not holding out hope at this point because it seems like from the dodgy answers I got on my pre-order that I'll probably not even get 1/3rd of what I originally thought I'd get.

I just wanted to reduce the amount of autos I'd have to track down... I was also really not wanting to have to go out in the wild in search of a sketch card. At this rate though I'll have no choice since I'm most likely not getting the benefit of the allocation race since I'm not a 'big dog.'