Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #876 (permalink)

I hear ya, my LCS owner said he was able to get four boxes for me. I'm happy with that and depending on how these sell out the gate I may buy more if the price begins to come down. I know that's a big if, but there are other products for me to sink my money in like BBT 3&4. That looks just as good as this and is only half the price.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #877 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I hear ya, my LCS owner said he was able to get four boxes for me. I'm happy with that and depending on how these sell out the gate I may buy more if the price begins to come down. I know that's a big if, but there are other products for me to sink my money in like BBT 3&4. That looks just as good as this and is only half the price.
I'm not in this for return on investment... I'm just trying to put together another master set because I am just a big TWD fan. It's not even about margins or any of that crap... will I sell my extras? Of course I will... but I'm wanting to complete a set before making money.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #878 (permalink)

It's not about margins for me either, if anything I'm hoping it comes down so that maybe I'll be able to fulfill my life long dream of busting a case.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:36 AM   #879 (permalink)

Miranda posted this on another forum. Perhaps the in-house fighting here drove her away. Quite honestly I wouldn't blame her, as I'm about to leave these boards myself. Anyways here's her post:

Hey guys, We haven't set a date for this yet. We had some issues in the beginning when we would set dates based on our production schedules, have inevitable delays, and then have to disappoint fans when things got pushed back. To avoid making people sad, we decided to move to a season/month/date procedure. We'll announce our intended season when we announce a project. Once we get most movable pieces nailed down we'll announce a month, and once our pack-out is scheduled, we'll determine our shipping strategy and announce an official release date. I know that not having all the information can be frustrating, but we've had a lot less angry customer service emails since we started this, and it essentially means that each time we have something to say to consumers about release dates it gets to be positive. We are constantly working to provide more concrete information sooner, and that will definitely be on my agenda of things we can improve for future releases. We are all really excited about this set, and we love getting to share information. We'll let everyone know as soon as it is (mostly) safe!
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #880 (permalink)

I'm honestly not upset about the release date at all. I just also wanted to bust a case this go around which is what I was really looking forward to. I honestly don't care about what other people have arranged because I'm not in the business to by envy of everyone else's connections. So with that in mind if we don't get the release until November... heck even December I won't be that mad. I already have that money set aside I was just hoping I'd actually get what I pre-ordered.

I'm sure a lot of it can just be because I'm fairly new to collecting cards but I've collected a lot of other stuff too with figures and things and this seems to be a completely strange monster. Regardless I think the collectors cause the price increases and the distributors just feed off of that so if anyone wants to be mad they should point a little bit of that back at themselves. Which I'll admit I've helped drive the hype train for it too so I'm not innocent either.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #881 (permalink)

Thanks for the post forwarding Cujo. I don't think much of our bickering was pointed towards Cryptozoic and the release date at all. Most or all of the negativity was geared towards BO. We were just providing everyone with updated information in regards to the release date for everyone else to have a source that is reliable. This also goes for updates to the physical set.

On another note, I have information about the next promo for S2. Cryptozoic could not get image approvals in time for the upcoming Chicago show so be on the look out at the Philly show later next month.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-26-2012 at 12:25 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #882 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

Steven Yuen just added. They are starting to trickle in again.
Realy hope Maggie is next!!!!!!!!!!
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #883 (permalink)

Steven Yuen is A4 for those of you keeping track.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #884 (permalink)

I am sure Lauren Cohan (Maggie) will be next. Still holding out for Laurie Holden (Andrea). Looks like 3-5 signers left!

wds2_auto_a4_-_steven_yeun_a

A01 - Andrew Lincon
A02 - Jon Bernthal
A03 - Jeffrey DeMunn
A04 - Steven Yeun
A05 - Norman Reedus
A06 - Melissa McBride
A07 - Madison Lintz
A08 -
A09 -
A10 - Scott Wilson
A11 - IronE Singleton
A12 - Greg Nicotero
A13 -
A14 - Sarah Wayne Callies

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-26-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #885 (permalink)

My dist.. begged me to buy series one for a month... said no way this will be nothing big...

Opps!

Now since i did not order series 1 i can't get series 2 from dist....

Just keeps getting worse
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #886 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
My dist.. begged me to buy series one for a month... said no way this will be nothing big...

Opps!

Now since i did not order series 1 i can't get series 2 from dist....

Just keeps getting worse
Well I bought a ton of Series 1 back when it was only about $65 a box. I got shut out of Series 2 for the most part from the same place. A lot of people got passed over on this one, but like I've been saying, things could be worse.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #887 (permalink)

BO pricing update, looks like BO is taking big hits in regards to sales. Your going the right way BO keep it up:

Case - 1674.95
Box - 139.95
Binder - 74.95
Binder Case - 749.95
Old 09-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #888 (permalink)

I don't think this will even touch $200+ a box unless there is some awesome chase item to go after. I could see prices come down a bit more until it releases. Once it's out there though, who knows where it will go? It'll depend on whether or not fans of the show want to put up big money for some of the bigger autographs.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #889 (permalink)

was thinking about selling my rick badge around the time S2 came out, but it seems like everyone wants to go busto on the new cards. guess ill hold on for awhile.
sysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #890 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysm View Post
was thinking about selling my rick badge around the time S2 came out, but it seems like everyone wants to go busto on the new cards. guess ill hold on for awhile.
The hype over the new set could re-spark interest in Season 1, especially on inserts and autos not found in Season 2.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #891 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
The hype over the new set could re-spark interest in Season 1, especially on inserts and autos not found in Season 2.
I believe this to be true as well. I see tons of interest in that card regardless of a new set coming out or not.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-27-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #892 (permalink)

I'm thinking of just doing a live break of my case if anyone is interested PM me.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #893 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysm View Post
That's what I've always said about the S1 cards (as far as singles go and especially boxes) but I think the big chases are an exception (even if there are some for the S2 set - we're hoping!). The guy that bought the Shane one may want the matching set lol.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #894 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
That's what I've always said about the S1 cards (as far as singles go and especially boxes) but I think the big chases are an exception (even if there are some for the S2 set - we're hoping!). The guy that bought the Shane one may want the matching set lol.
He would be looking at a 5 digit number for the Rick. Double what he paid for Shane easy.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-27-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #895 (permalink)

Well I was gonna do a group break, but that's not happening now. So I'm just gonna sell off the majority of my case by the box cheap and open a few myself.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #896 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Well I was gonna do a group break, but that's not happening now. So I'm just gonna sell off the majority of my case by the box cheap and open a few myself.
What happened to your group break? I was in.
killerturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #897 (permalink)
Banned

I definitely ok with Nicotero being in the autos, he's an integral part of the show. I just hope that zombie autos don't become fillers.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #898 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I definitely ok with Nicotero being in the autos, he's an integral part of the show. I just hope that zombie autos don't become fillers.
What about a kirkman auto for it as well?
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #899 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Im good with a Kirkman autograph being one of the final three. I think the final 3 will be Kirkman, Riggs, and Holden. I hope im wrong thou and Lauren Cohen is in place of Kirkman.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #900 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsJayhawks View Post
Im good with a Kirkman autograph being one of the final three. I think the final 3 will be Kirkman, Riggs, and Holden. I hope im wrong thou and Lauren Cohen is in place of Kirkman.
Absolutely on Kirkman, anyone who has a major role in the show. No more Chandler Riggs, please.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote