Blowout Cards Forums
Hallowwen

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #901 (permalink)

A possible name not thrown out there yet, and I would consider more of a filler auto would be Randall: Michael Zegen.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #902 (permalink)

I just picked up a box of S2 on eBay for $99. They have 3 left - listed at $139 - I did a best offer for $99 and they accepted within minutes. Maybe someone else looking for a box or two can get a good deal!

The Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards by Cryptozoic - 1 Sealed Hobby Box | eBay
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #903 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1185 View Post
I just picked up a box of S2 on eBay for $99. They have 3 left - listed at $139 - I did a best offer for $99 and they accepted within minutes. Maybe someone else looking for a box or two can get a good deal!

The Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards by Cryptozoic - 1 Sealed Hobby Box | eBay
Thanks--I had squirreled a little bit away to pick up another box and was able to get 2 for $200 from this seller.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #904 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1185 View Post

Now there's one box left.

Edit: All boxes are gone now.

Last edited by Danni1185; 09-28-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #905 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Thanks--I had squirreled a little bit away to pick up another box and was able to get 2 for $200 from this seller.
No problem! I'll post any other deals I find as I've been checking ebay quite often.

Last edited by Danni1185; 09-28-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #906 (permalink)

the autograph selection isn't to bad so far and the sketch cards look really nice, the shadowbox cards should be really nice, and it says that wardrobe cards should fall 2 per box, so you are looking at about 3 decent hits per box. plus 4-5 insert cards, sketch cards say 1:288 packs so it should be one per case, a case break should bring some decent money back though
Old 09-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #907 (permalink)

I hope it is Cohan, Holden, Kirkman. Although Michael Zegen (Randall) or Emily Kinney (Beth) instead of Kirkman will be okay. I agree no Riggs please.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-28-2012 at 12:38 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #908 (permalink)

Just got confirmation from Solar Fly that I'm only allocated 4 boxes...I pre-ordered a case! What does a pre-order guarantee mean anyways? Should that be that if the company can't get their allocations that they go to the secondary market to buy cases (even at higher costs) because they have a "guarantee" to provide what was ordered?
Old 09-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #909 (permalink)

I would like to hear others that ordered from solar as well, since John got word about his pre-order. Were you all cut to four boxes from a case?

I heard that Solar was trying to buy from the secondary market to fulfill pre-orders. I think the guarantee should be removed from their site language.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #910 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
Just got confirmation from Solar Fly that I'm only allocated 4 boxes...I pre-ordered a case! What does a pre-order guarantee mean anyways? Should that be that if the company can't get their allocations that they go to the secondary market to buy cases (even at higher costs) because they have a "guarantee" to provide what was ordered?
i think that is posted on their site when place an order w them

the cases are now nearing triple their initial presale price .. going to be tough for them/any presaler to fill the still surging demand

and re the set .. i like that it is one auto per actor
im around, tired and busy w nonhobby stuff
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #911 (permalink)

Quote:
Did he call, email, PM you ???
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #912 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
Did he call, email, PM you ???
e-mailed me...he gave me a 30% off coupon to use for a future order.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #913 (permalink)

Seems like this thread died... I'm going to end up getting a binder and 6 boxes... was really hoping I'd get a full case to have a shot at a sketch card... I guess I can't be too upset since some other folks are just getting 4 boxes.

Oh well... seems like next time I should plan for 2 cases to get at least 1.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #914 (permalink)

Not much information coming out about this set other than an autograph posted here and there by Cryptozoic hence not much to talk about. Just anticipation for it to just come out. Not much to speculate about anymore that has not been said here already.

Congrats on getting some product sorry to hear that you didn't get your full case.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #915 (permalink)

now we wait for all the anger to be directed at Crytozoic like with the last set...
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #916 (permalink)

Quote:
e-mailed me...he gave me a 30% off coupon to use for a future order.
So, John, let me ask you, are you going to order again after this experience? Probably not, so the "30% offer" really isn't going to benefit you.

I want to warn you all. SO when I pre-ordered boxes for Walking Dead comic cards from ebay, I was refunded on all of my orders. All due to the "presellers" not getting it in. They held my $$ for weeks and weeks, and nothing. So basically, just because you preorder from these people on ebay (or some around here), does not mean the orders will come through for you. Lesson learned from my experience.

Last edited by Cujobyte; 10-01-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #917 (permalink)

I personally would not order again even with 30% off.

I have never pre-ordered through eBay because of the fact that it is much harder to keep in contact with the seller. Also for reasons Cujo stated, I have heard many stories that eBay sellers will hold your money until after they recieve their product and will not communicate with you one way or the other. I would be cautious of eBay because the website that had the "guarentee" did not come through for the buyers so what makes eBay more reliable? I understand their are limited reliable sources out there to get this product at a decent price so many are in a catch 22 but I would not pre-order here either for reasons that take up pages here on this very thread. Good luck to all in your choices, getting product already ordered, and future orders.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 10-01-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #918 (permalink)

To Matt at Solarfly though, he couldn't see this coming. I mean he's human too, and he honestly could have just had bad information or thought he could come through. I mean getting a half case is still fine... I'm obviously not as happy as I would have been with a full case but I still got a pretty good rate for it that absolutely NOTHING on the market could come close to right now.

I might take a shot at another property in the future from Solarfly... I just wouldn't expect him to get tied up in Walking Dead again. I'm just not sure who to go through now for future cards... I'll just have to keep my ears open.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #919 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
To Matt at Solarfly though, he couldn't see this coming. I mean he's human too, and he honestly could have just had bad information or thought he could come through. I mean getting a half case is still fine... I'm obviously not as happy as I would have been with a full case but I still got a pretty good rate for it that absolutely NOTHING on the market could come close to right now.

I might take a shot at another property in the future from Solarfly... I just wouldn't expect him to get tied up in Walking Dead again. I'm just not sure who to go through now for future cards... I'll just have to keep my ears open.
My post was not directed at Matt. Matt's mistake was to try and "guarantee" these cases, which quite honestly is absurd with this type of product. I personally think he did it to gain recognition for his business. I do not think he intentionally wanted to hurt or upset anyone.

My post is directed in general to a lot of the so called new flippers, who have no fkng idea what they are doing. Yes I'm new to cards too, but I've also owned a retail shop for 15+ yrs. All I'm trying to convey is to be careful when ordering presales. Right now we have been allocated, so hopefully everyone gets their orders and in a timely fashion. I suspect some may not though.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #920 (permalink)

I could not agree more. I have (suposedly) 2 cases comming but will not sell a single box until I have them in hand.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #921 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
My post was not directed at Matt. Matt's mistake was to try and "guarantee" these cases, which quite honestly is absurd with this type of product. I personally think he did it to gain recognition for his business. I do not think he intentionally wanted to hurt or upset anyone.

My post is directed in general to a lot of the so called new flippers, who have no fkng idea what they are doing. Yes I'm new to cards too, but I've also owned a retail shop for 15+ yrs. All I'm trying to convey is to be careful when ordering presales. Right now we have been allocated, so hopefully everyone gets their orders and in a timely fashion. I suspect some may not though.
Oh yeah I completely get that. I'm not saying you were throwing that at Matt either, so we're on the same page.

I've been selling collectibles too for the past 12 years and there's a constant state of flux no matter what kind of product it is. I appreciate a guy like Matt trying to guarantee it which is what I was stoked about when I saw it, but I won't complain about getting my order cut in half when there are people here who got less than me. So I'm thankful for that... I'm relatively new to cards though (just got into it last year with S1) so I'm fairly green to everything.

That being said though I'm just fixated more on the sketch card and where my search will begin for that. With the S1 cards still posting for large $'s on Ebay it's just kind of intimidating to think of what S2 ones will go for. I mean sure I'll still have a good shot at the S2 sketch with 6 boxes to crack... but I'm not betting on it.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:39 PM   #922 (permalink)

For the sake of not reading 13 pages and 921 posts, I have a full Beckett OPG and have noticed very limited pricing on these cards. Any ideas as to why this is?
Texas Brave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:45 PM   #923 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
Oh yeah I completely get that. I'm not saying you were throwing that at Matt either, so we're on the same page.

I've been selling collectibles too for the past 12 years and there's a constant state of flux no matter what kind of product it is. I appreciate a guy like Matt trying to guarantee it which is what I was stoked about when I saw it, but I won't complain about getting my order cut in half when there are people here who got less than me. So I'm thankful for that... I'm relatively new to cards though (just got into it last year with S1) so I'm fairly green to everything.

That being said though I'm just fixated more on the sketch card and where my search will begin for that. With the S1 cards still posting for large $'s on Ebay it's just kind of intimidating to think of what S2 ones will go for. I mean sure I'll still have a good shot at the S2 sketch with 6 boxes to crack... but I'm not betting on it.
Keep your head up man. All it takes is one box, one pack. With half a case you've got a good shot at the sketch.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:42 AM   #924 (permalink)

just got back from vacation , also got email from the other site . im only getting 3 boxes instead of a case. oh well ..... better then nothing.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #925 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Brave13 View Post
For the sake of not reading 13 pages and 921 posts, I have a full Beckett OPG and have noticed very limited pricing on these cards. Any ideas as to why this is?
The cards have not yet been released? Only Cryptozoic knows the SP cards so I am sure Beckett isn't going to price these to well or have pricing available. Also market demand will drive the price as well. I don't think Cryptozoic ever did come out and say what cards were SP'd in S1.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 10-02-2012 at 09:57 AM.