Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #926 (permalink)

You can still buy a full case on blowout!

Benjamin Franklin
ThatBostonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #927 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBostonGuy View Post
You can still buy a full case on blowout!
yes you can , i guess they got a good amount . very expensive.
im wondering did solar award anyone full cases ? i ordered very early and paid for everything in full right away .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #928 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
yes you can , i guess they got a good amount . very expensive.
im wondering did solar award anyone full cases ? i ordered very early and paid for everything in full right away .
people who ordered multiple cases from solar were give 1-2 cases. Those who only ordered 1 case got boxes...don't know that for sure but I haven't heard of anyone who only ordered 1 case who got their full case!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #929 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
people who ordered multiple cases from solar were give 1-2 cases. Those who only ordered 1 case got boxes...don't know that for sure but I haven't heard of anyone who only ordered 1 case who got their full case!
dissapointing, but at least there still honoring the original price.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #930 (permalink)

Quote:
dissapointing, but at least there still honoring the original price.
Yeah... I'm happy that I at least got 6. After seeing the bounty some people want for just a binder right now I'm also happy I got that for an entry level cost too.

Oh well... still looking forward to cracking those boxes because I actually only opened 4 boxes of S1. So 6 for S2 will be fun
durstlimpbizkit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #931 (permalink)

Blowout did not get allocations directly from Cryptozoic, BO had to shop distributors for their product.

I will gladly pass from this point on giving my $$ to BO.
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #932 (permalink)

imagine how angry people will be if the breaks are bad .... paying almost 2,000 for a case ... yikes.....
Old 10-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #933 (permalink)

Quote:
imagine how angry people will be if the breaks are bad .... paying almost 2,000 for a case ... yikes.....
Yeah... that's what I'm beginning to think. If there's BBT-like breaks where people are getting tons of background characters.

The first two boxes of S1 that I broke I literally had 2 Glenn autos, it was the same auto card too. I hope to not get doubles this time haha.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #934 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
Yeah... that's what I'm beginning to think. If there's BBT-like breaks where people are getting tons of background characters.

The first two boxes of S1 that I broke I literally had 2 Glenn autos, it was the same auto card too. I hope to not get doubles this time haha.
There's going to be bad case breaks...it looks like it's only going to be 1-2 "A" level signers per case! That means a ton of doubles of lesser characters!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #935 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post

As someone that also only opened a small amount of S1 boxes (maybe 10 boxes) I got MULTIPLE Carl and Glenn doubles lol... with only 4-6 boxes of S2, I'm honestly not sure I even want to open them anymore.
t2554 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #936 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
There's going to be bad case breaks...it looks like it's only going to be 1-2 "A" level signers per case! That means a ton of doubles of lesser characters!
I still don't believe that the A-list actors in this set are comparable to A-list in Big Bang Theory. The A-list actors in Big Bang have been A-list actors for a while, commanding big paydays for each episode completed compared to Walking Dead. The big five from that show get paid over $300,000 an episode plus points on syndication deals. Spread that over a 20+ episode season and it's well over $6,000,000 a year. So to them, signing cards probably isn't really worth all that much.

I think on a set like this you'll have a lot more variety in each case and will get a good assortment of the bigger and smaller characters. I think you'll have just as good of a chance to hit a Lincoln auto as anyone else. It's not like they are hard up for money, but they all have less likely of a chance to turn it down compared to the big 5 from Big Bang Theory. All in all, I think this is a great set to get a case since you'll probably have 12 unique autographs plus a sketch and a nice amount of costume cards.

As a side note, I bought 8-9 boxes of Walking Dead last year and never got the same auto or character relic twice. I've also heard that many of the people that bought a case got a nice array of autograph and relic cards. It sounds like those of you who got multiples on just a few boxes might have just had some bad luck.

Last edited by Brobocop; 10-02-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #937 (permalink)

well theres always bad case breaks of any product. but if there are alot, people are going to be realy angry.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #938 (permalink)

I fully admit that I got some bad luck on my boxes I cracked for S1, out of all the ones I got I had 2 Yeun autos (both the same) and 1 Riggs. Not the best break ever... then I see guys who open 3 packs and get a Reedus auto.

Fingers crossed for better luck and hopefully a sketch.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #939 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I still don't believe that the A-list actors in this set are comparable to A-list in Big Bang Theory. The A-list actors in Big Bang have been A-list actors for a while, commanding big paydays for each episode completed compared to Walking Dead. The big five from that show get paid over $300,000 an episode plus points on syndication deals. Spread that over a 20+ episode season and it's well over $6,000,000 a year. So to them, signing cards probably isn't really worth all that much.

I think on a set like this you'll have a lot more variety in each case and will get a good assortment of the bigger and smaller characters. I think you'll have just as good of a chance to hit a Lincoln auto as anyone else. It's not like they are hard up for money, but they all have less likely of a chance to turn it down compared to the big 5 from Big Bang Theory. All in all, I think this is a great set to get a case since you'll probably have 12 unique autographs plus a sketch and a nice amount of costume cards.

As a side note, I bought 8-9 boxes of Walking Dead last year and never got the same auto or character relic twice. I've also heard that many of the people that bought a case got a nice array of autograph and relic cards. It sounds like those of you who got multiples on just a few boxes might have just had some bad luck.
That was also last year...it was the company's 1st big product that "sold out" and had huge resale value. Look what they did to BBT. Yes there may not be a lot of doubles but there will not be an Andrew Lincoln in every case either. Like I said...1-2 "A" list actors/actresses.

Last year I bought a case and still had to buy multiple autos on the secondary market to finish off my master set. Shoot my case didn't even have the sketch card...contacted the company and I had to prove I actually bought a case (receipt from the company I bought it from), pics of the boxes, stamped box #'s from inside the box and then they finally sent my sketch card.

So believe what you want...they are a good company but don't be shocked if there are sp's this year. The Bernthal and Reedus were the big sp's last year and remember they had 2 autos for each character...this year there's what 16 autos and only one auto per character...this making it harder to pull an A list auto!

Also there's only 5 "A" list actors on BBT...in actuality it's 2 (Cuoco and Parsons) who bring the big $$$. The audience for BBT is a lot larger since its not a cable show.

Last edited by John91C; 10-02-2012 at 02:30 PM.
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #940 (permalink)

We can all believe what we want. We will also all have to wait for a few cases to be broken to see what we have. But I never did say you'd have Andrew Lincoln's in every case. I guess we have to split these autographs into groups but I'd say for me there would be seven top line characters that I would love to have that they have announced so far (Lincoln, Bernthal, DeMunn, Reedus, Wilson, Nicotero, and Callies). So seven out of the 12 announced so far means that I'd have a good shot at getting half top level signers if I was getting a case. I guess since there is no clear line like there is in Big Bang Theory it's all going to be up to the individual collector whether they are happy or not.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #941 (permalink)

It was announced that there WILL be a redemption in this.

The announcement as to what that is will be announced at the Philly Non Sports Card Show. An announcement for an announcement
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #942 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
It was announced that there WILL be a redemption in this.

The announcement as to what that is will be announced at the Philly Non Sports Card Show. An announcement for an announcement
You took the wind out of my sails Bryan lol.

So, I asked Miranda about the redemption, and she answers me here on the crypto website

Trading Card Q&A with the Card Talk Community | Cryptozoic Entertainment

My only question is that I googled when the Philly card show was, and according to their website it was last weekend, so any news??
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #943 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
You took the wind out of my sails Bryan lol.

So, I asked Miranda about the redemption, and she answers me here on the crypto website

Trading Card Q&A with the Card Talk Community | Cryptozoic Entertainment

My only question is that I googled when the Philly card show was, and according to their website it was last weekend, so any news??
It's 10/20-10/21. Philly Non-Sports Card Show The premier event for non-sport and entertainment trading card collectors

See you there!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #944 (permalink)

The philly non-sport show is October 20 & 21.

Philly Non-Sports Card Show The premier event for non-sport and entertainment trading card collectors

You can bet there will be a Promo card there as well.

Cujo's Q&A for all that do not want to search for it.

Quote:
Cujobyte asked, "Also, any news if The Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards will have a redemption, and if so, any hints as to what it will be?"
There will be a redemption, and I'll be spoiling it at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show. Not sure if you are going or not, but the clear answer is that you should be!

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 10-02-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #945 (permalink)
Banned

Anyone else feel like this set isn't even remotely close to being packed out? Starting to feel like a December release.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #946 (permalink)

Will this set be delayed into November if they are waiting until 10/20 or 10/21 to reveal the redemption? Also, do you guys think the wording of 'a' redemption means there will only be one, or am I reading too much into it?
t2554 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #947 (permalink)

OK, well let's speculate as to what the redemptions could be. You're obviously looking at something better than a standard piece of clothing, so I'm thinking maybe props? While I think it might be a tough piece to land, maybe one of Rick's hats? Bullet casings? Zombie teeth?
Old 10-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #948 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
OK, well let's speculate as to what the redemptions could be. You're obviously looking at something better than a standard piece of clothing, so I'm thinking maybe props? While I think it might be a tough piece to land, maybe one of Rick's hats? Bullet casings? Zombie teeth?
Piece of the barn
Old 10-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #949 (permalink)

It'll be a redemption for a 1/1 partially decomposed Well Walker skull and brain.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #950 (permalink)

I believe the set will delayed into December as well.

Redemption may be a piece of each main characters clothing. I hope an auto card of the main characters.

I believe there will be an 'ultimate' redemption that is 1/1 and others #'d out of something low like S1.

Just please NO printing plates, EVER!

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 10-02-2012 at 05:33 PM.