Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #951 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
It was announced that there WILL be a redemption in this.

The announcement as to what that is will be announced at the Philly Non Sports Card Show. An announcement for an announcement
Are you making an official announcement?
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #952 (permalink)

I wouldn't mind seeing along the lines of a zombie ear from the necklace that Reedus wore in the Chupacabra episode... something kind of off the wall like that would be kind of cool to see.

Other than that another patch would be pretty lame... of all the things i can think of I don't see there being a whole lot of things I'd be interested in from the show.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #953 (permalink)

I would take a prop machete that Michonne used!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #954 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
I would take a prop machete that Michonne used!
Would you pull a Chris Hardwick, host of The Talking Dead, and hit a wall with it? Smooth.
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #955 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
I believe the set will delayed into December as well.

Redemption may be a piece of each main characters clothing. I hope an auto card of the main characters.

I believe there will be an 'ultimate' redemption that is 1/1 and others #'d out of something low like S1.

Just please NO printing plates, EVER!
I don't care for the idea of a card with wardrobe pieces of the main characters (like BBT) but the single auto'd card of a few main characters could be awesome if designed well (would be kinda hard to fit more than two on it though, wouldn't it?).
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #956 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
I don't care for the idea of a card with wardrobe pieces of the main characters (like BBT) but the single auto'd card of a few main characters could be awesome if designed well (would be kinda hard to fit more than two on it though, wouldn't it?).
Well depends, I mean the redemption badges were oversized... I'd imagine they could do an oversized auto card too.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #957 (permalink)

How about a multi-signed card with all the actors on there...what's the most we've seen on a card, 8 or 9? They could do a hinged card and get all of them on there. Well for S3 they could do a Prisoner multi-signed card and a Woodbury multi-signed card.

That would be pretty cool!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #958 (permalink)

Yeah I did mean an over-sized auto redemption sorry for the confusion.

I figured Cryptozoic would do something like the over-sized multi piece wardrobe like BBT since it is something they have done before.

I hope they try something new this time around.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #959 (permalink)

Would any of you be interested if the redemption was for a full size poster autographed by the entire cast?
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #960 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Would any of you be interested if the redemption was for a full size poster autographed by the entire cast?
Not really.

The only function for it is that I'd probably frame it and if it were a redemption that isn't a card it just seems odd it would be in a 'card set.'

Have any other companies done something like that?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #961 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
Not really.

The only function for it is that I'd probably frame it and if it were a redemption that isn't a card it just seems odd it would be in a 'card set.'

Have any other companies done something like that?
Not exactly like that, but I know press pass had redemptions for autographed basketballs in the past. That's kinda similar.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #962 (permalink)

I would prefer multiple autos in card form as well over a redemption of a full size poster. Although some have mentioned redemptions for props from the set.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #963 (permalink)

Quote:
I would prefer multiple autos in card form as well over a redemption of a full size poster. Although some have mentioned redemptions for props from the set.
I like the idea of cool prop cards, but not as redemptions (see the various Harry Potter sets, they have really cool prop cards). A piece of wood from the barn isn't special enough to be a redemption (IMO!), but would make a really cool insert. I highly doubt there will be any prop cards to go along with the wardrobe cards, but that would be something for Crypto to do to up their game for S3.

As far as the poster vs multi-signed card, I think the card would be more unique. People have gone around to the cons and got signed posters before, but the card would be unique (I would probably keep either one of them though if I pulled it, barring needing more money to fuel my addiction lol).

Last edited by t2554; 10-02-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #964 (permalink)

If any of you get the Non-Sports Update magazine there is an article in the latest issue where Miranda Anderson says the inserts for the set include autographs, wardrobe cards, prop cards, and sketch cards.

I would imagine the prop cards are for the redemptions.
wiltiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #965 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltiger7 View Post
If any of you get the Non-Sports Update magazine there is an article in the latest issue where Miranda Anderson says the inserts for the set include autographs, wardrobe cards, prop cards, and sketch cards.

Very nice find! Now we're talking. The badge redemption for S1 would be considered a wardrobe redemption? Should be interesting to see what prop they could cut up and insert in a card.

Do you mind posting an exact quote from Miranda in the NSU Magazine?

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 10-02-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #966 (permalink)

Quote:

Well, this is new information to me. Thanks for posting it, now I'm even more eager to see previews.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #967 (permalink)

Quote:
Very nice find! Now we're talking. The badge redemption for S1 would be considered a wardrobe redemption? Should be interesting to see what prop they could cut up and insert in a card.

Do you mind posting an exact quote from Miranda in the NSU Magazine?

Old 10-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #968 (permalink)

So much for available in time for the beginning of S3. All is well though as long as this set is as promising as it looks and as S1 was.

Thanks for the scan!

I think Bernthal's jacket and Demunn's shirt wardrobe cards will bring top dollar because of their deaths in S2.

Also reading this I see,

Quote:
Cryptozoic has hinted this set will include autographs from some of the few cast members who couldn't be rounded up for the season one set, but none are confirmed yet.
Only missing Laurie Holden.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 10-02-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #969 (permalink)

That article seems quite old/possibly outdated. I HOPE the prop card statement isn't a misprint, but I have a feeling it might be because there is no mention of it on Crypto's website.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #970 (permalink)

Here is that article about wardrobe's that will be in S2, posted August 6th by none other than Miranda Anderson, A Glimpse at The Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards | Cryptozoic Entertainment.

Rick's White Tee (Most likely will not give exciting variants)

Sohpia's Blue Rainbow Shirt (Cool Rainbow Variants)

Andrea's White Striped Shirt

Maggie's Purple Tank Top (Cool Blue Floral Variant)

Dale's White Tank Top (Again no real exciting variant, unless it is when he dies in S2)

Shane's Walker Jacket (Possible blood variant?)
Old 10-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #971 (permalink)

Quote:
That article seems quite old/possibly outdated. I HOPE the prop card statement isn't a misprint, but I have a feeling it might be because there is no mention of it on Crypto's website.
I believe that article is from either the current issue of NSU magazine or the August-September issue. The information probably isn't going to be released in multiple places hints are everywhere. This isn't the first time Miranda has hinted information in only one place.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 10-02-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #972 (permalink)

Quote:
I believe that article is from either the current issue of NSU magazine or the August-September issue.
But don't you think prop cards would be mentioned on the product page if it were already revealed? I guess we'll see (and hope).
Old 10-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #973 (permalink)

Quote:
I believe that article is from either the current issue of NSU magazine or the August-September issue. The information probably isn't going to be released in multiple places hints are everywhere. This isn't the first time Miranda has hinted information in only one place.
The article was in the current issue (oct/nov)
Old 10-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #974 (permalink)

Quote:
But don't you think prop cards would be mentioned on the product page if it were already revealed? I guess we'll see (and hope).
I think Cryptozoic wanted to hold off on releasing this information to the public in such a way as their website since autographs, wardrobes and sketches were a given they posted those. What the redemption would be is a huge deal. The NSU Magazine hint makes sense since its subscriptions are not as high as the number of hits on their webpage. What better venue to announce something huge for this set than a the Philly Non-Sport Show closer to release date.

Quote:
The article was in the current issue (oct/nov)
Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 10-02-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #975 (permalink)

I wanna see prop/redemption for Sophias doll.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote